main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph What was the last tv episode you watched?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Faith and Despondency - Sons of Anarchy - The Final Season

2. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    Ditto. Poor Theo Rossi. I'm never gonna be able to see him in anything else & not think of Marilyn Manson... you know.;)

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    I know, pretty disturbing.

Royale w/ Codeine likes this.
  4. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    He at least got read a bedtime story.:D

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  6. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Stargate SG-1 Season 2. A Matter of Time and The Fifth Race

7. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I've been watching "The 100" on Netflix. It's seriously terrible, but I'm still hooked.

8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    "Amok Time" - Star Trek TOS

"Dunt dunt duh duh duh duh duh dunt dunt dunt duh!"

Juliet316 likes this.
  9. NotSoScruffyLooking

NotSoScruffyLooking Jedi Master star 3

Mar 20, 2009
    Gotham - Season 1 - Episode 4 - Arkham

10. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Stargate SG-1 Season 2 Serpent's Song and Holiday.

11. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Realty Bites - The Simpsons - Season 9

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'm still re-watching 30 rock. the last episode i watched was season 4 episode 12, "verna". it's the one that stars the late jan hooks as jenna's dysfunctional mother and where frank briefly moves in with liz. as usual it was great. the show is remarkably consistent.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Miracle on Evergreen Terrace - The Simpsons - Season 9

14. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    one of the always sunny episodes from season 1. i have a long way to go.

15. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Stargate SG-1 Season 2 One False Step and Show and Tell

16. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Veep: Midterms (2013)

[​IMG]

So, I’m watching the second season of Veep. From what I hear, it’s better than the first season; it also has ten episodes, instead of eight, so it had better be better. This episode takes place the night of the midterm elections, so we get a distinct time here – we’re two years into Selina’s first tour as VP. This episode introduces three recurring characters and they’re all fantastic. The first is the always great Kevin Dunn as Ben, the President’s weary, cynical, depressed Chief of Staff. By the time we’re ten minutes into the episode, he’s hiding in a storage closet in the West Wing, thinking suicidal thoughts. The second is the always great Gary Cole as Kent Davidson, the President’s statistical analyst; he’s got a history with Selina and it’s not a good one. She recalls a moment when she went to him in tears during the campaign begging him to stop making her do photo-ops with her ex-husband; “He showed me a pie chart,” she screams in rage. The third is Jessica St. Clair (and, if you know me at all, you know I have a huge crush on Jessica St. Clair who’s one of the funniest people on the entire planet; check out her work on the Comedy Bang Bang podcast for proof) as Gary’s new girlfriend. I sense great things from all of these characters. Tim Simons shines in this episode as White House Liaison Jonah Ryan; he’s forever storming past doors bellowing the latest election news at the top of his lungs, along with terrible inspirational clichés. “We lost the battle, but we’re not cattle,” he shouts at the end of the disastrous night. The episode just keeps topping itself; the climax of the episode is a showdown between an increasingly enraged Selina and an infuriatingly calm Kent in the Oval Office; the punchline, in which Selina hits Kent in the eye with a tube of lipstick, is off the charts funny. And then Selina gets tapped to do all the morning show interviews and the episode ends with an exhausted Selina, made-up and coiffed to within an inch of her life talking to the camera about how a defeat is actually a victory. This is a great second season debut and I’m excited to see where the show goes from here. Oh and lest I forget, this episode also features a guest appearance by Kumail Nanjiani, also one of the funniest people on the planet (check out his work on the Doug Loves Movies podcast for proof). I was hoping he’d be recurring, but apparently, it’s just a guest spot, which is better than nothing. Anyway, all in all, great, hilarious episode and the cast additions are beyond promising, they’re downright thrilling. Highly recommended. 4 stars.

tl;dr – adding Gary Cole, Kevin Dunn and Jessica St. Clair to an already great cast is promising and the scripting is as sharp as the best of the first season; fantastic second season dead ahead, I’m betting. 4 stars.

More Veep Reviews!

17. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Some episode of the new seasons of Black Dynamite that are on Adult Swim's website.

(WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME THERE WAS A NEW SEASON OF BLACK DYNAMITE UNTIL TODAY?)

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  18. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Stargate SG-1 Season 3 Deadman Switch and Demons.

19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    American Experience: Cold War Roadshow Documents Nikita Kruschev's 1959 tour of the United States. It's pretty light, focusing on the media and public reaction to the Soviet premier, but that's plenty interesting to me.

20. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Suits of Woe - Sons of Anarchy - The Final Season

21. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Survivor: San Juan Del Sur.

The blindside was actually shocking tonight. Good job on the editors for pulling a fast one.

22. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Veep: Signals (2012)

[​IMG]

In this second episode of the season, Selina finds herself sent to North Carolina to attend a “pig roast” as part of the White House’s new “Listen to Rural America” initiative. This leads to the predictable (and predictably hilarious) scenes of Julia Louis-Dreyfus sauntering around in a cowboy hat, doing her best attempt at seeming downhome, not to say a little cornpone. It’s all good fun, until she takes the hat off; this is the funniest hat hair I’ve ever seen on a show. Meanwhile, Sarah Sutherland returns as Catherine, Selina’s daughter, and she’s just as great as she was in the first season; this time around, she’s causing problems by writing a paper on a Palestinian film from one of her film classes – yes, I believe “Israel” and “war crimes” are in the same sentence. The scene near the end when Selina and Catherine finally confront each other is . . . just wonderful. Sutherland is a young actress, obviously, but she holds her own against the veteran talents. She’ll be one to watch, I think. Anyway, this episode is something of a step down from the debut, but it’s still really good, entertaining television. Recommended. 3 ½ stars.

tl;dr – Sarah Sutherland’s return as Catherine is most welcome as Selina deals with daughter issues, Israel issues and barbecue issues. 3 ½ stars.

More Veep Reviews!

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    "The Vegas Renormalization" - The Big Bang Theory - Season 2

"The Classified Materials Turbulence" - The Big Bang Theory - Season 2

"The Monopolar Expedition" - The Big Bang Theory - Season 2

24. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I just finished a first season episode of Gilmore Girls.

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Stargate SG-1 Season 3. Maternal Instinct and Crystal Skull.