main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Ny's Nummy Sweets! (S/U & More) Post on Dec 17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 3, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh yes. A rightness indeed. Jim has found a lady who can bring out the best in him and support him through the joys and sorrows. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Okay. This thread TOTALLY deserves its title. It's all just squeelicious yummy nummy sweets in every possible shape and form. But as a goodie-obsessed foodie, the "warm tête-à-tête with apple cobbler, whipped cream, cinnamony nutmeggy goodness and pecan pie just made me drool for more reasons than one! :p

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL thanks Chyntuck @};- [:D] !!!!

I don't have a sweet tooth, but teeth. Apple pie is one of my major league weaknesses along with anything that has chocolate or caramel. :D

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love Audrey's timing :p I don't at all feel bad for Carole (you know how I feel about her :p ), and I'm glad JIm was quick to turn her down.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Prompt is: My Next 30 Years

~~!

Kashore and Dajan were watching their kids romp.

"They grow up too fast!" Kashore remarked. "You blink and they're practically teens."

Dajan laughed. "Yet and still, I feel like it was just yesterday when we met ..."

She grinned. "Flatterer."

"I just know I want to spend my next 30+years making your heart leap and your body tingle." Dajan said, nibbling her ear.

"Where do you come up with these things?"

"Mushy greeting card poems for couples." He teased.

She laughed. "Sounds about right."

He put on a wounded air and she laughed.

He kissed her, making her tingle, so despite the "corny words" they were accurate enough.

+++++

[face_laugh]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great use of the prompt with your 'couples';)

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Awww that's so sweet of him!

8. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Mushy greeting cards poems for couples.
    [face_laugh]

This snippet was just adorable in a word. There is really nothing more to say than that. [face_love]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. I love the idea of them savoring each other and the moments past, present, and future, with the romance still being something they can conceive of for the next few decades. [face_dancing] Romance is, after all, as much if not more, a state of the mind and heart. [face_love] :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi there! @};-

These snippets always make my day. It is wonderful to catch up with them :)

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hazel! Thanks. [:D]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D

This was squeelicious. Thanks to the amazingly wonderful Chyntuck for inspiring this idea @};-

~~!
    Note: Takes place a fortnight after "Woven Together"'s lovely conclusion. :)

~~!

Nyota was sitting on the sofa with her feet tucked under her, her 'padd in her lap.
    Her love joined her and basked in her lively recap of her day.

"Picard was telling Bradley not to wander off again and to stay with the cam signals, and it was all he could do to keep from wandering off and exploring. He's an eternal tourist, I think." Nyota remarked with amusement.

"Indeed. The last time he did that, he wound up in a restricted section and set off the alarms."

Nyota laughed. "He got written up for it too, but that doesn't seem to deter him much." She rolled her eyes. "Yolette tells me Hikaru has the same problem, with 3D games."

"It's about time for your regularly scheduled ladies evening, I believe." Spock commented. They had these every other week or so, making sure to hold one twice in a 30-day interval.

"Yes." She assented. "It's tomorrow, as a matter of fact." She paused, catching a stray reflection from him as she mentioned this. "What is it?"

Spock recalled the time a couple weeks prior when their bond had been aversely affected and Nyota had absented herself from their quarters.
    He hadn't been able to pinpoint what was lacking with her not around, but since then, he had regained a fresh realization.
    It was her warmth, the ease of their conversation, the beckoning welcome in her glance when she looked at him, her frequent physical displays of affection, amorous or not ...

"When our connection was temporarily attenuated," He explained, "I believe you .... attempted to avoid me, Nyota?"

She frowned and cringed slightly. "Oh, darling... Not for the reason you're thinking. Christine needed to confide in me and she thought to give me a welcome distraction, and it hurt me to be so close to you and yet not precisely to the extent I was accustomed to."

Spock held her gaze for a long moment. "Ah. I understand."

She felt a rush of relief that he actually did.

He began placing kisses and soft nibbles along her neck and to her throat and up to her lips.
    As his hands traveled under her blouse and started stroking her ribs, Nyota wriggled and laughed when the caresses tickled.

"Spock ... You missed me, even though you were not totally aware of the actual ramifications of why." She observed happily.

"Yes." He murmured. "I love you, and I believe I would feel the need of you across even the chasm of time and space."

She pulled free of his grasp but only to better twine around him securely. "I do so love you, love you!"

Her lips fastened on his definitively, as he pressed her even closer.

+++++++

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Moi? [face_blush] [face_love]

Besides the S/U romance, what I truly enjoy in these ficlets is how you bring in off-screen characters. Ladies' night is just so real!

Oh, and since I didn't comment on your previous entry, I'll add that "mushy greeting card poems" is quite a find :p

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    I like the sweetly sincere and bantering tone of the previous entry. :) I love the naturalness of talking about others they work with, sharing the ordinary stuff and the high points; a ladies' night is fun to include. (In SW, I love it when Mara is seen palling around with Leia and /or Mirax.) ;)

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was a wonderful moment! I really enjoyed the open shape of their relationship, they really can talk about anything - and I loved how quickly she set his worries to rights. (And it was just perfect that he missed her, even when his mind didn't recognize her in that context. [face_love])

Just beautiful! [face_love]=D=

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I, too, love how quickly she was able to set him at ease. And I also love a good girls night :D

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Talk about fast! [face_laugh] This just popped out, based on TOS "Plato's Children", loosely.

~~~~!!

"Dravaran Uprising"

On a mission of mercy, the landing team arrived to find a very unique setup.

Strange place, Jim thought. All the architecture looked Doric or Ionian.

“Weird.” McCoy commented, echoing Jim’s silent observation. “Looks like the Parthenon over there.”

“If I didn’t know better, I’d think we were transported back to Ancient Greece.” Jim remarked, rolling his eyes.

“That is hardly likely.” Spock rejoined, and Jim laughed.

The Chief Archon – that sounded Grecian also – was suffering from a rare malady and had asked for medical assistance. Since the Dravarans were loosely allied, their request had been granted.

After McCoy and Roberts tended to him and supplied his medicos with the proper formulas for the antidote, they were treated to a fete in celebration.

Ariadne and Theocles – two dancers of fine artistry – entertained the guests to a traditional dance of twirls and intricate and synchronized timing.

A jester recited the Iliad in rhyme, quite an accomplishment.

“Now, you must treat us to a feat of artistic brilliance.” The Arcon insisted, as he reclined on large cushions on a dais. “I insist.” He pressed a button on the arm-rest and suddenly Audrey and Nyota appeared.

“How in blazes did we get here?” Audrey demanded.

“Must be their version of the Transporter.” Jim remarked, “I’m glad to see you anyway, however he managed it.” He grinned and she laughed.

“Very Classical Hellenistic don’t you think?” Nyota observed to Spock, who had drawn her onto his couch. “Hey, we recline, don’t we?” She grinned. “I never could fathom how they could do that and eat at the same time.”

Parmen was eyeing Nyota with a fierce and hungry leer. “Oh, your crew is stunning Captain. This one,” He gestured to Nyota, “is one I wouldn’t mind having for my concubine.”

“Forget it, Archon!” Jim snapped. “Any more salacious suggestions like that and you can forget about the agreement you have with the Federation. Perhaps the Ferengi or the Klingons will enter into such a trade alliance …”

“Then maybe she’ll be my cupbearer for the evening.” He continued, undeterred, beckoning one of his guards.

As the guard reached for her, Nyota reached back – and slapped him soundly.

“I’m no one’s servant or bed-slave.” She growled, giving Parmen and his guards a cold steely look.

“That wasn’t a request.” Parmen said, his half-lazy manner disappearing.

“Nor is this. You will leave her be.” Spock intoned, and in an instant was next to the dais. “She accepts commands only from those above her in rank, and that after consultation. Furthermore, she is bonded to me, and I will not take kindly to any overtures you make to her, verbal or otherwise.”

As he spoke, he removed the Archon from his comfy seat, scattered the pillows, released the control panel from the arm-rest, and ground it under his heel.

“Too much like Jabba for my taste, anyway.” Audrey remarked to Jim lowly.

“At least he didn’t insist on a metal bikini.” Nyota added as she and Spock joined the others.

“That lout is nothing but a barbarian.” Ariadne told McCoy softly. “When he fell ill, we were hoping the gods would smile kindly on us and relieve us of his benevolent rule.”

“And instead of being grateful to you,” Theocles added, “He acts even more despicably.”

Suddenly, as if awaiting a signal, the erstwhile entertainers drew their weapons and attacked Parmen’s guards.

The Enterprise crew – taking a stance of non-interference – seized the opportunity to vanish inconspicuously.

It turned out later the gathering was a ruse for an armed coup by a group of other city-states.

Parmen was taken down and another leader set in place.

En route to their next destination, Spock queried: “Will you be recommending a more formal affiliation?”

“On a provisionary basis.” Jim replied. “Depends on how this new form of rotating leadership goes. It’s (as I understand it) a council of seven who are elected every five years. And no one can be re-elected sequentially.”

“That has the advantages of not creating the context for a seizure and retention of power by a despot.” Spock responded thoughtfully. “While at the same time, any policies can be voted in by the populace and held in force across the various terms of office.”

“It sounds like the best of both worlds.” Jim agreed.

“The kironide metal is a prime resource.” Spock added after a pause. “It is a valuable alloy in hull plating.”

“That is the only export they have going for them, that and their Saldonic wine. It‘s a rich fruity wine that has a nice floral touch and a rose color. Audrey and McCoy love it.”

“I believe Nyota would also.” Spock answered, “She’s been practicing the Dravaran dance forms.”

Jim’s eyes gleamed. “To entertain you?

“I would sincerely hope for none other.” He ansered with understated amusement in his tone.

Jim laughed. “I have no doubt. I believe your … reaction to Parmen in the reception hall won you a few points.”

When he joined her later, Nyota was indeed practicing the artistic moves in a dancing outfit made entirely of clingy satiny scarves.

“Hey, you.” She said. “How do I … look?”

“Parmen was a brute.” Spock answered, reaching for her enthusiastically. “But he was correct in his estimation of your grace and beauty.”

She smiled and melted into his hold. ”But you are the only one who is allowed and welcome to touch.”

“Yes.” He agreed, and they shared a kiss.

“I liked how you emphasized the point, too.” She laughed and hugged him more tightly.

“Jim thought you might have appreciated it.” Spock answered softly.

Nyota gave another ripple of laughter and proceeded to show just how very much.

++++++

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Attagirl, slapping sleazy Archon guards who were going to paw her. They had no idea who they were messing around with [face_laugh]

And that comparison to Jabba... Now I'm picturing Parmen as the worst sort of Greek man who ate too much of Mama's moussaka. Yikes!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Chyntuck - Nyota has no time or tolerance for vultures either. [face_love] And she likes them Thrawn-esque in the demeanor department [face_laugh] :cool:

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi - was eagerly awaiting this yummy ummy, based upon "Side of Paradise" ;)

~~~!

"Encounter On Omicron Ceti III"

Omicron Ceti III was a gorgeous place, full of verdant meadows and glades surrounded by sparkling lakes.

The colonists had stopped communicating some while ago, at least six months if not more.

Mr. Sandoval greeted the landing team and introduced them to his chief scientist, Leila Kalomi, a lovely woman with almond-shaped eyes and Mediterranean coloring.

“Your First Officer and I were colleagues from way back. I worked with him during my fellowship.” She told Jim, who raised a curious brow.

Spock gave him a “Nothing happened” look and let Leila lead him to her labs where interesting experiments were going on

She told him (as Sandoval was also doing) of the Berthold rays and how the natural fauna provided a safeguard. There was a window of exposure. If you stayed 24 hours and left, you’d suffer physically. If you stayed 72 hours or more, the beneficial effects could take over.

“That is very fascinating.” Spock remarked. “I see you’re working on how to synthesize the chemical compounds.”

She nodded and then smiled. “It is so very good to see you again. I …” She blushed. “Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would see you again.” She made as if to reach out a hand to him, but he moved adroitly aside.

She had made no secret, or been unsuccessful at, keeping her feelings in check. Her second semester had coincided with his meeting Nyota, and that auspicious event had ineffably put any other possibilities from the realm of perhaps into “never going to be.”

At that moment, Nyota came bustling in. “There you are. The Captain told me where I could find you. I actually saw a marsupial—it looks just like a koala!” She showed him on her tricorder. “I was with Sulu when we saw it in the branches of a tree!” Her eyes were sparkling with enthusiasm.

Spock’s eyes held hers with laughter. “No, Lieutenant. You cannot have one as a pet.”

She laughed. “I know that. Pardon me, I didn’t mean to interrupt.”

Leila was giving her the “Who is this” look.

After the introductions, Leila told Nyota: “The Commander and I worked quite closely together.” She lowered her lashes suggestively. “Many was the evening we would spend in long conversations…”

Nyota frowned and felt an icy chill. How reminiscent of their early days that sounded!

“It was much more innocent than you are making it sound, Ms. Kalomi.” Spock objected coolly.

Leila favored him with a “Don’t be so modest” look and he just gave her the Vulcan equivalent of a Chiss freeze-out.

Nyota scowled. “Listen, Miss, I don’t know what kind of a legend you are in your own mind, but I can assure you, once you were out of sight, you were out of mind.” She gave Spock a questioning glance. “I’m returning topside. You coming?”

Leila looked between them in wonderment at the familiarity of the tone and question.

“Yes, Lieutenant.” He answered readily and gave Leila a swift nod of farewell.

The concomitant effect of the antitoxin was a total feeling of lassitude and lethargy. It had a deleterious effect on the crew, who didn’t want to do anything but lounge around.

So, Jim, McCoy, and Spock came up with the idea of infusing the common area with white noise. It would create a pervasive sense of unease, anxiety, and short fuses.

Nyota’s disquietude with Leila had staved off the mellowing effects before they had even started to work on her.

Sulu, Chekov, and Scott were not so lucky. They got into a fracas over who had cheated in a game of 3D poker, and whose alcoholic beverages were superior.

“Such adolescents.” Yolette commented once they had all been transported back aboard.

“Hey, I wasn’t in my right mind.” Sulu objected, and she laughed.

“Sake is better than vodka.” Yolette remarked and he grinned and hugged her.

Spock found Nyota in the arboretum later that evening.

“It keeps running through my mind…” She said as he joined her amid the violet blossoms. “I could have not had you at all. Don’t say if that had been the case, how could I miss what I’d never had?”

“That is correct. You couldn’t have.” He answered gently.

“I said - don’t point that out, please.” She said with a shudder. “My head knows that, but just thinking of …”

He responded, taking her hands: “For me, the concept of being without you is rather like finding out the Copernican world-view was mistaken, and that the worlds are indeed stationary and their primaries revolve around them…”

Nyota felt her tummy fill with happy butterflies. “In epicycles.” She chuckled. “That was one crazy cosmological conception.”

There was a pause.

“Did you spend long evenings in riveting conversation?” She asked.

“Nyota …”

“Darling, just … humor me?”

“Not as many as we did, and not as … riveting.” He replied, and she could tell he was not just being tactful. That was one of the things she loved about him.

“You are a beautiful, complicated, and unique combination, my own love.” She whispered as he gathered her close. “And I adore you.”

“And I you. Shall we not mention Ms. Kalomi again? She was, and continues to be, irrelevant.” He murmured.

“Consider it done!” She replied with a laugh.

++++

Chyntuck likes this.
  21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Check you out! That was some wonderfully fast writing - I quite enjoyed the multiple updates! :D :p

As for Plato's Children: I liked the new spin on this episode! Their reaction and subsiquint dealing with Parmen was perfect, and:

I believe Nyota would also.” Spock answered, “She’s been practicing the Dravaran dance forms.”

Jim’s eyes gleamed. “To entertain you?”

“I would sincerely hope for none other.” He ansered with understated amusement in his tone.

Had me smiling for their bromance, as well for the wonderfully handled S/U. Spock definitely earned a few brownie points, indeed! [face_laugh][face_mischief][face_love}

--

And This Side of Paradise:

Leila favored him with a “Don’t be so modest” look and he just gave her the Vulcan equivalent of a Chiss freeze-out.

The cross-fandom references will never get old. :p [face_laugh]

Nyota scowled. “Listen, Miss, I don’t know what kind of a legend you are in your own mind, but I can assure you, once you were out of sight, you were out of mind.”

Perfectly said in so few words!! [face_laugh] I enjoyed that immensely.[face_mischief] [face_love]

“Not as many as we did, and not as … riveting.” He replied, and she could tell he was not just being tactful. That was one of the things she loved about him.

And that is the honest truth; its not empty praise or silver words. It is really, truly, meant. [face_love]

You did a wonderful job putting a reboot spin on this episode, as well. I enjoyed every word! =D=[:D]

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Go Spock and Nyota! That idiot Parmen had it coming :p

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Got that right. :D [face_love] There is just, just, so many uber!fine things about this pairing. The novelty has not worn off. As if. [face_love]

24. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Out of her mouth complicated words sound sexy. NO wonder Spock goes... =P~... instead of being 100% Vulcan in his reactions. ;)

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    *purrs* Squees! ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.