main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII After-hours Events/Activites during SW Celebration Anaheim

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Darth Fizzgig, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Darth Fizzgig

Darth Fizzgig Jedi Padawan

Aug 15, 2013
    I am hoping to find information and details about some of the awesome events and activities that will take place in the evenings during CVII. Last time, at CVI in Orlando, there was the Kevin Smith presentation, the TF.N party, the 501st Bash, the Dark Side Grotto dance party, and a local burlesque troupe even put on a SW-themed show down the road from the convention center.

Are there going to be after-hours events like this in Anaheim? There's definitely going to be the 501st Bash, of course, but right now, the ticket sales are only open to official members. (Anyone wanna help me out with that? :)[face_praying]) I haven't heard anything about any other large organized parties, so if anyone has any information about other special events, please post it here! Thanks!

2. torjoreyri

torjoreyri Jedi Knight star 1

May 9, 2014
    Seconded. My hotel plans are still in flux, and it would be nice to stay at a hotel that has something happening. I was at a Rosen hotel last time and just stumbled back to my room after the Dark Side Grotto.

Also, there better be a fan mixer hosted by DJ Elliot again. That was the nerdiest and most fun time I've ever had.

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    The only thing I've heard about is the 501st bash so far. There will not be a TF.N party this time, and there isn't anything released yet about "official" events. For the last celebrations something has always happened on Saturday, so I think it's safe to assume that something will happen, but I don't know what yet.

4. Darth Fizzgig

Aug 15, 2013
    I'm bummed that there won't be a TF.N party this time! It was really fun last time. :)

5. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    It was, but for those organizing it it turned out to be a very heavy burden, including taking the economic risks, so it was decided not to do it this time. Organizing such a big party takes a lot of effort. It could be noted that the 501st has also downsized their party compared to CVI and skipped the dinner, it's simply a really big undertaking for people who are also there to enjoy the Celebration.

We are talking among the FF staff to come up with ideas for meet-ups so stay tuned for more.

6. Darth Fizzgig

Aug 15, 2013
    I'll look forward to finding out about other events and happenings, as we get closer to April. :) Thanks!

7. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Aw, sad to hear not TFN party. Will there be a way to get tickets to 501st, for non-members? Willing to pay for the ticket, ofc.

8. Darth Fizzgig

Aug 15, 2013
    If you have a friend in the 501st or Rebel Legion, they'll be able to get a ticket for you. :)

9. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Or you could hope that they will open it up to the general public like they did last time. As for the TF.N party you could just say "Hey a bunch of us TF.N or JC people are going to be meeting up at this bar come and hang out with us. That is what RebelScum did the last 2 Celebrations and it was pretty fun.

Amon_Amarth likes this.
  10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That's pretty much the plan this time for the JC/FF. :) A place will be selected closer to time.

11. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Rebel Legion seems to be going towards organizing a smaller event on Thursday. No location and no ticket information yet. Just like with the 501st the tickets will be available for members first.

12. DJ Elliot

DJ Elliot Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2015

Thanks! We're working on something... I will be performing at the 501st Gala on Friday

ffluff73 likes this.
  13. DJ Elliot

DJ Elliot Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2015

I'm free Thursday night... if you wanted any help...

ffluff73 likes this.
  14. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
  15. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
  16. xDarthAx

xDarthAx Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2015
    That sounds like a lot of fun but is that price normal? I would love to go but I would also rather be sure it's worth it.

17. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    Well, it normal for Southern California where everything is more expensive.

18. skywalker_5376

skywalker_5376 Jedi Padawan

Jun 21, 2011
    Let's get the party started ya'll

19. DJ Elliot

DJ Elliot Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2015
    Fan Mixer is confirmed for Saturday night at the Convention Center, free for everyone with a pass... I'll be performing! Can't wait to see everyone again!

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    On Thursday night at the Marriot there is the 501st Swag Trad/RL Willrow Hood Ice Cream Social, so far tickets are only open for members, but from what I understand it's quite likely that the party will spill out into the pool area, since it's basically beside the pool.

21. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009

Yes, and they're selling like hotcakes!
    Having a combo like that spiked a lot of interest.
    I believe the Rebel Legion Charity Dinner has only 20 tix left.

22. Daniel Fields

Daniel Fields Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2015
    are these possibly going to be available for purchase to non members?

23. sandra

sandra Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2008
    I just got my 501 Legion Bash tickets.They will have live music, cash bar,door prize giveaways,with a 300 tickets left.$85.00+ &3.12 tax Have fun .a good meet up . MTFBWy .[face_dancing]

24. sandra

sandra Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2008
    go to the force .net you can buy them on pay pal .

25. shadow5606

shadow5606 Jedi Padawan

Sep 11, 2012
    Didn't see the fan mixer this week when the schedule released... You think they are just planning to release it later? I really enjoyed seeing DJ Elliot @ CVI and would like to see this party happen.