main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Have a random question? Ask in here. Newbies-Please read before posting!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bazinga'd , Nov 10, 2014.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Before starting a new topic, or if you have another question about the SWC, ask your question(s) in here so our regular/frequent posters can provide some answers. If those don't suffice, you can try a forum search to make sure that a similar thread doesn't already exist. This will help keep the forum from being cluttered with redundant topics. Thank you in advance, and happy posting.
    :)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  2. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I'm hardly new, but I have to admit I am lost on this one. When did it happen and in what source is it stated that Palpatine's first name is Sheev? I just saw this today and I couldn't find a thing in a current thread. Thanks.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's in the new SW: Tarkin book - just out in HC. There are threads on the book over in the Lit forum.

4. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I do believe it was stated by LFL/Disney, that the Tarkin book is to be considered Canon under the new scheme of things.

CrazyOldHermit likes this.
  5. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    I figured it would be. Started to buy the thing the other day but didn't. Thanks. We're all going to have to get used to these kinds of things.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's actually pretty good. I'm enjoying it.

Darth Nyad and CrazyOldHermit like this.
  7. Darth Cookie

Darth Cookie Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2014
    Hi Everybody. This is my first post so I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask my question or even if I'm doing it right.

In the Star Wars Rebels TV Show, Kannan Jarrus keeps his lightsaber stored in 2 pieces with the top hanging from his belt and the hilt on the back of his belt. My question is, why does he do this? Is it a disguise thing or is there anything written in any of the other books I haven't read yet that talks more about this?

8. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome aboard. You may also want to check out the SW TV Forum. They may have a thread or a discussion on this topic.

For what its worth, I think he keeps the lightsaber in separate components as a way to disguise the weapon in order to prevent him from being identified as a Jedi.

Force Smuggler and Darth Cookie like this.
  9. Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan

Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan Jedi Padawan

Nov 29, 2014
    Hi, I have a question.
    Could a normal human (a olympic freestyle wrestler to be exactly) beat a trained full - grown female Varactyl in a wrestling - match?
    I need this for a fanfiction.
    I'm looking forward to get a VERY QUICK response.
    Sincerely yours
    Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan

V-2 likes this.
  10. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Uhhh

Probably not

11. Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan

Nov 29, 2014
    And why not?

12. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan because it's a giant lizard type thing which would trample a normal human, hand to hand combat training or not, in a matter of seconds

13. Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan

Nov 29, 2014
    I think I have to be a little bit more detailed.The Fanfiction includes a visit at Molpol's Traveling Circus, where the Main attraction at the time the story take place is a freestyle - wrestling - match between a human and a female Varactyl, which is one of the stars of the Circus.

V-2 likes this.
  14. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan Ok imagine say, an alligator the size of a rhinoceros charging at you full speed. Good luck holding that thing back

15. Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan

Nov 29, 2014
    And what's about a hand-tame full-grown female Varactyl?

16. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan is the thing you're asking not if a trained normal human can hold a fair fight against a Varactyl? No matter how you look at it, there's about a 99.99% chance he'll lose, and lose rather quickly at that

17. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    If you want to do it, have at it. It's your piece. :) However, some are very likely to consider it not very feasible.

18. Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan

Nov 29, 2014
    My question in the last post was, if a olympic freestyle - wrestler could beat a full - grown hand-tame(!!!) trained female Varactyl. So I think that it would be a kind of show-fight, or what do you think?

19. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan Alrighty, I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean now. I guess if the fight is just for show and the Varactyl is trained not to harm someone, then you can't really apply the term "defeat" to it if it's all staged

20. Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan

Nov 29, 2014
    I think that if the audience don't know that it's only a staged fight, then it would seem likely that the wrestler had defeated the Varactyl, although the Varactyl has learned to act as if it would be defeated,if you understand what I mean. If not, don't hesitate to ask me.

V-2 likes this.
  21. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan Ahh, are you asking if it's possible in reality (that is, the reality of the GFFA) such that the audience would genuinely believe that the human had defeated the Varactyl, or so obviously unrealistic that they'd boo all over it?

22. Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan

Nov 29, 2014
    Yes that was what I've meant. So what's your opinion?

23. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
  24. Varactyl-Wrestling-Fan

Nov 29, 2014
    And do you think that it would be still a hard fight for the human in this case?

25. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Oh most certainly. It'd be no easy feat by any means. I believe the human's odds of winning are low, but I believe it would be possible