main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge 8th Annual Winter Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange! ~ Over for another year.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Nov 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yes, yes, I know it's way too soon for winter holidays. It seems every year the creep into the stores earlier and earlier, driving us insane. So why don't we join in on the insanity and start early here in fanfic too?! :D
    (Really it's just so everyone gets enough time to participate, but we'll go with the insanity reason.)

Welcome to the Eighth Annual Winter Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange

[​IMG]

The Fic-Gift Exchange is where you can give and receive a gift of a fic from your fellow FanFiccer, a story that you would like to see written. It's become a tradition here in fanfic and I hope you all will participate!

How to Participate

Send me, mavjade a PM with three things you would like in your fic-gift*, something you don’t want in your fic-gift, the main characters you want in your fic-gift, the Era in which your fic-gift should take place and the Era(s) you want to write for.

Example PM:
    I want a story in Beyond with
    1. a stolen kiss
    2. an accident that almost happens
    3. a celebration
    I do not want: anyone dying
    Characters: Luke, Mara and Ben
    I would like to write for Beyond or Saga

* You may include more than three things that you want, but the author is only required to use three of them. If you put more than three, they are allowed to pick which three (or more) that they use, so choose wisely.

Your request does NOT have to be holiday related, this is whatever you want.

When sending your request, remember this is not the Dare Challenge and you aren't trying to stump someone or make them hate you for asking them to write something. You are asking for something you want in a fic.

After I've sent my request, what happens?

After I have received all the requests I will send you someones request and you will write for them. Your request will not necessarily be given to the person for whom you are writing, but it is possible that it will happen.

You will then write the fic that the person has requested doing your best to keep it a secret from them until you post. (If you have a question about something in the request, send mavjade the question and I will ask for you and give you an answer ASAP). When you are ready, you post the fic-gift for the person to 'open' and read.

When you are writing, feel free to be as creative as you want, just remember to include at least the three things for which your fic-gift recipient asked.

Deadlines/Posting

Fic-Gift Requests: Need to be PM’d to mavjade by 7am PST Tuesday December 2nd, 2014

Final deadline for your Fic-Gift to be posted: 11:59pm PST Monday January 6th, 2015. You may post your fic-gift at anytime.

When you post your fic-gift please put in the title "Fic-gift for ___ " and put a link and who it is for here in this thread.

If you have not posted your fic-gift two weeks (approximately) before it is due you will receive a PM from me reminding you of the due date. If you would not like to receive this reminder PM, let me know.

Other Important Info:

• It isverydifficult to trade fic-gift requests once they have all been sent out so please think carefully about what era's you agree to write in. If there is a character(s) you refuse to write, let me know but please do so sparingly.
    • If your request has an Original Character in it, please provide a link to stories where someone can read your OC and get an idea about their character. If you are feeling particularly helpful, a character description and some character traits might be appreciated by the writer. But do realize the person writing your fic may have not read your OC and they may not get the character the way you see them.
    • If for some reason you find you will not be able to get your Fic-gift done by the deadline, please let me know as soon as possible so I can send the request to someone else. I don't want anyone to get left out!

• If you find yourself done with your fic-gift early and would be willing to write another fic-gift for someone who finds they are not able to write after all, let me know! I can always use pinch hitters!

• Sorry, no Non-Star Wars fic or characters, too many fandoms and no way to know who knows/writes for what.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or ask in the thread!

Have fun and Happy Holidays!

[​IMG]

2. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
  3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Oooh, I just saw this. This is (literally) Christmas come early :)

mavjade and Nyota's Heart like this.
  4. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Just wanted to let everyone know that I don't always open the Fic-gift PMs right away so I can keep them 'new' until I can put them in my file (that way I know which ones I have gotten to and which I haven't), so if your PM hasn't been opened yet, don't worry, it will be. And if you have a question it's probably best to ask in this thread or in a different PM, otherwise it might be a bit before I see it.

5. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I was actually hoping to see this up. :)

mavjade likes this.
  6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I'll be throwing my rather dusty hat in the ring this time.

Ceillean likes this.
  7. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Just a reminder that there is a little more than a week to get in your fic-gift requests!

8. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    A final reminder that Fic-Gifts requests are due by tomorrow December 2nd at 7am PST.

9. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Everyone should now have their Fic-Gift Exchange requests!

Hopefully everyone is inspired!

Chyntuck likes this.
  10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I am! The plot is already growing in my head. I just need to reread a couple of scenes in JA#7 and Yoda: Dark Rendezvous. :D

mavjade likes this.
  11. thedarkbeckons

thedarkbeckons Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2013
    All right! It was great to get started on this...hammered out the plot completely this evening, so now I just have to write it! :D

mavjade likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I am looking forward to how mine will unfold. I really will enjoy expanding the various elements. :cool:

mavjade likes this.
  13. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
  14. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I got an awesome request to write. Fleshing out the plot a bit more and then I can start writing. Quite a challenge but still awesome

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

mavjade and Nyota's Heart like this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  16. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Late, I know! Is there anyone who submitted a request who has not been assigned?

17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    That would be a question for mavjade, but I'm guessing the answer is probably not. :(

18. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I figured as much. That'swhat happens when my eye isn't on the ball.

19. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I have no part in running this this year, but knowing how Mav does it, everyone that had submitted has been assigned. However, if you just want to write and don't mind not getting a fic yourself, pop back here at the end of December. There are usually some people that just can't write what they've been assigned.

Oh, and as always Mav, if you need someone to write fics that people can't write, I'm up for it.

20. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Me too. I'm more interested in writing than being written for. :D

21. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah, sorry brodiew... all the fics have been given out. But yes, there is usually a fic or two that someone can't write and I need people to write them. Thanks for volunteering.

If we get a few more people that have decided they want to participate, I might be willing to allow that, but it could mean that those people would have to be willing to write any era.

22. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    *bump*

I hope everyone is coming along well with their fic-gifts. :) I just finished plotting mine out; I hope to write it later this week. How are yours coming along?

23. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    I love the request I got -- I'm just taking my time hoping I can do it justice! [face_good_luck]

jcgoble3 likes this.
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Read it and it begs for a sequel LOL =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.