main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Hey, cool! Didn't know that was coming, and haven't seen the episode yet. Doubly excited now!

BTW, in Jupiter Pirates news, Hunt for the Hydra is out in paperback today, and here's a sneak preview of the next JP book, Curse of the Iris. That one's out Dec. 16.

And now back to Zare #3....

2. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    jasonfry

In "Star Wars in 100 Scenes", you identified 4-LOM as Zuckuss and Zuckuss as 4-LOM in the bounty hunter sections of ESB while in ROTS, you identified a random handmaiden as Sola Naberrie. Is this actual canon now or was it accidental?

3. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

The bounty hunter switch is a mistake, albeit an ironic one for anyone who collected action figures once upon a time.

First I'm hearing that we goofed on Sola. Will have to look at the scene again. Certainly no intention to change her to another character, make her a handmaiden, etc.

4. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    #DaisyWatch

5. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

That's a relief on the bounty hunters thing. I guess with the whole Sola thing it's to be expected, she is hard to pick out in the funeral scene.

6. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Howdy. Hope you'll forgive a bit of mercenary business ... the second Jupiter Pirates book, Curse of the Iris, hits bookstores today.

Curse of the Iris is the best thing I've ever written. If you're on these boards, I'm pretty sure you'll like it. And I'd be honored if you'd give it a shot.

Star Wars news, hmm. Mostly stuff I can't talk about. Third Zare book is being edited. And have submitted an Atlas appendix update to Lucasfilm. More soon!

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Iris is on my Amazon UK list. However, there have been stories in the UK news about backlogs of deliveries for online orders (not just from Amazon) so I'll be holding off til after the holidays on any online orders. (I've got more than enough in my reading pile to keep me going til then!)

jasonfry likes this.
  8. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I think I'll pick up a Kindle copy of SOTE... trying to branch out my tastes and do things I haven't tried before. Which is why I'm listening to the New Rebellion audiobook. :p

jasonfry likes this.
  9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    My copy came today...going to dive in later tonight. Looking forward to it, Jason.

jasonfry likes this.
  10. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Is there any other kind? :p

11. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Let's see. Thanks to the Great God Edelweiss I can say I have an upcoming Insider short story. But, um, can't say what it's about.

12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Pirates?! [face_nail_biting]

13. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Nah. But got a whole series of pirates books if that's your bag. Perhaps you've heard? ;)

Gorefiend likes this.
  14. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Oh I know, I have bought 5 copies of the first and second book to hand out as gifts, but one can just never have enough pirates. :)

Random Comments and jasonfry like this.
  15. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Wow! I don't think even my folks have done that. Many thanks!

Gorefiend likes this.
  16. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004

Mara Jade, right? :D

jasonfry and Random Comments like this.
  17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    It's obviously about Ars Dangor--he's canon now.

18. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    I'll tell you guys and you guys only -- it's a tale set when Yoda was a young Gungan. Gungans shrink as they get older, see, and the ears grow more rigid, and the patois transforms into backwards syntax. NOW YOU KNOW.

19. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    This is canon now.

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Should have saved that for April Fools Day.. :p

Alpha-Red and Force Smuggler like this.
  21. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Someone remind me how to do citations on the wook.

22. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd have gone with "Yoda is actually human - Even Piell shows us what a 400 year old human Jedi looks like, Yaddle a 600 year old one, and Yoda a 860-900 year old one" :D

23. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Hey Jason. Is there still another Atlas Appendix update in the works or has that been cancelled? I remember you mentioning you were waiting for the Dark Horse comics run to finish so you could incorporate everything from that but I don't remember hearing anything since.

24. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural.

25. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Finished and with LFL. But as you might imagine, they're a little busy these days. I'm hoping January, but TBD. It'll come, promise.