main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Episode VII teaser trailer - it's here!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by DarthWilliams, Nov 28, 2014.

1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Maybe the blade has two functions; one that's in normal setting, and the other blazes to the point where it can start quick forest fires. :p

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    I hope they fix the continuity error, where Rey's speeder has that pole blaster thing attached to it's side and then the next scene shows that it's missing. :(

3. Revious Nugo

Revious Nugo Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 14, 2014
    I didn't know what you were talking about at first, and I had to watch the teaser again and pay really close attention to that part. Now that I see that, that is a pretty big continuity thing.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

Teasers and trailers often piece shots together in an order that differs from the final scene in the movie, and they also often exclude certain shots to make the scene shorter. So just because it appears that way in the teaser doesn't mean it will be an actual continuity issue in the movie itself.

DARTH_BELO and TigerCraneFist like this.
  5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Maybe.

6. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    The blade looks unstable to me.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    The flame-like flickering of the "broadsaber" blade is one continuity issue I'm hoping doesn't exist elsewhere....I hope there's an explainable reason for that. One of the things I was hoping wouldn't happen is that they'd make the lightsabers look/sound different, just for the sake of it.

If I see all the lightsabers looking like that (especially possible ones that we've seen in previous episodes), I will take issue with that, and it would be hard to overlook for me...

8. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Abrams said there was a lot of internal debate about the design, so I am assuming/hoping there will be an in-universe explaination for it.

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Not trying to start a PT/OT debate, but I did think that parts of the trailer were very PT-esque, namely the lightsaber and the Stormtroopers (they look more shiny, which is reminiscent of the AOTC clones).

10. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I dunno, Stormtroopers in the OT could look pretty new and shiny, too.
    [​IMG]

But you're right, this isn't about PT/OT since it's its own thing. I think we'll see a lot of similarities to both in the new films.

jaqen likes this.
  11. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Really? I recall plenty of shiny stormtroopers in the OT.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The film might look like Star Wars since all of the films are part of the same story.

13. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    To me the new Stormtroopers just felt more like the clones.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also gonna tag DarthWilliams

14. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

They can feel more like clones to you. Perhaps the designer is trying to incorporate the look of Clone and Storm troopers. But that's not my point. You said the OT suits weren't "shiny", and that the shine of the newer suits resemble the clones for that reason. Except, well, the OT had plenty of "shiny" troopers:

[​IMG]

15. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I phrased it poorly then, my mistake

jaqen likes this.
  16. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Ah, yes...the shiny debate. I think everything's shiny...from a certain point of view.

[​IMG]

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  17. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    Teaser #2 or Trailer #1? Which is next?

18. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    I think it'll be Trailer #1 at Celebration showing the Big Three for the first time.

19. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    It went to the same place Luke's ladder from Dagobah went to....

20. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    I've watched the Force Awakens trailer so many times I'm now sick of it.

Trailer 2, I order thee to come at once!

21. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I know what you mean :p
    Though I don't think I'll ever get sick of it. Not really. I still enjoy the TPM trailers a lot!

22. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    I just need some new info...yet at the same time I don't want to be spoiled...

23. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Head to starwars.com - we get some nice news and info (though not Force Awakens-related) today.:)

24. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I agree 100%!! I hadn't watched the trailer in a week, and this thread reminded me to do so immediately. Can't believe we'll have our new movie in about 40 weeks! Oh, and the TPM trailers were awesome too!

25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I actually think a lot (most?) of us will still go back and watch the teaser once in a while in the future. It will be remembered with a great deal of nostalgia - the first images from the post RotJ-universe, and the first (live action) images of the new era of Star Wars.

This here's pop culture history!

TheYodaPagoda likes this.