main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    In the OT we had a series of Imperial commander types, changing from film to film. It would be pretty interesting if the same face, i.e. Gleeson, pops up in each ST film as a rising leader on the Imperial side. Perhaps Christie is even killed in TFA and Gleeson takes up her post in the following movies.

MakingStarWars likes this.
  2. Obill-Wan Cuppobi

Obill-Wan Cuppobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 2, 2014
    Or if Gleeson is an Imperial, maybe he's a dissenting voice. Not dissenting enough to defect, but enough to maybe broker peace by EP IX, and give up the big bad for the heroes to get. Think Phil Leotardo's crew in the last episode or two of The Sopranos. If nothing else, that's new ground for Star Wars.

starocean90 and Revanfan1 like this.
  3. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Merry Christmas to everyone!!

I remember earlier this year, comicbook published some rumors about the possible actors being cast as the villains of the movie. We had three: Adam Drver, Michael Fassbender and Hugo Weaving. We know Driver is in the movie, and we know the rumor about Gwen Christie´s character being previously a male. I would say Hugo Weaving was rejected to cast Gwen and Gleeson got Fassbender´s part. I can see Fassbender in the role SWU sais Gleeson will have.

4. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Kevin Smith would kill for such an opportunity.

5. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I like this idea.

I think the only problem I'd have with Gleeson being an Imperial officer is that the dull gray uniform is a boring costume for anybody to be wearing for three movies. :p

starocean90 likes this.
  6. Varinnia

Varinnia Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 15, 2014
    Like Jag Fel? :eek:

It is hard to believe, especially to qualify as "top secret", just wait.

Skaddix and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    An imperial officer doesn't seem to be a role to warrant 'Top Secret' security like he's been getting. The only reason I can think of it being held so tightly is if there's something inherently revealing about the role.

8. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well probably EVERY role is being considered Top secret at this point cause this is JJ Abrams we're dealing with. [face_dunno]

9. Darth_Undecided

Darth_Undecided Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2014
    Just watched About Time; Gleeson was brilliant in it. Really love him as a performer. That being said its hard to see him playing a "Tarkin-like Imperial" or a villain of any kind really. His charm as an actor was really in his lovability and cleverness. It'd be more fitting to see him as a good guy supporting character there for comic relief. Then again, anything can happen and he could've been cast against his type!

Han Drolo, Revanfan1 and Shamear like this.
  10. Shamear

Shamear Jedi Master star 1

Feb 9, 2014
    I loved that movie! And of course his performance in it. And I share the same opinion, I can't imagine him playing one of the villains, it'll be weird. I hope he plays one of the heroes, and if there is another son of Skywalker, I really hope it's him. If not, it'll be interesting to see him play some differen.

11. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012

Yeah JJ Loves his Secrets, suffice to say he has done an insane job so far.

12. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I think people are sticking to whatever reason to keep their hopes a little longer. It is the journalist who claims top secret, and says it probably because Gleeson is the only member of the original cast reveal whose role has not been spoiled. But we have heard about his role now, and it fits with his low billing order. We know nothing about Pip Andersen role or Crystal Clake´s. But I find little logic in thinking their roles are top secret. It´s just their roles are less important and there is less info about them. And probably if you ask them they will claim their roles are top secret too. Mainly because everything about this movie has been considered top secret.

13. robbman21

robbman21 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    As highly unlikely as it seems now, I'd still love to see Gleeson as a Skywalker. Forgive me if this has been brought up already, but Gleeson as the son of Luke could be approached in the same way as Anakin's birth: Somewhere along the way Luke saw it nessecary to extend his family lineage, and thus dug deep and used his mastery of the force in a Plagueis-Like way to manipulate the midichlorians to produce a son. I know, I know...this seems highly doubtful AT BEST, and "midichloriabns" is akin to an F-bomb in most circles these days, but I could see this working. Perhaps Luke attempted this and assumed for a couple of decades that he failed, only to have a huge payoff in the reveal in Ep VIII. Perhaps he did this before he exiled himself, in hopes that the future Son of Skywalker could become his strongest ally in whatever enemy he was battling. Perhaps Gleeson would know of his origins...somehow...but Luke would be clueless? Or perhaps Plagueis is at play again and once again created a life, this time another unrelated Skywalker (it has been suggested that "Skywalker" could be the "Smith" or "Johnson" of the SWU) bears the child of the force. Maybe?? Yes I'm reaching here, but I'd love to see another "Son of Skywalker".

As far as Gleeson's upbeat personality, after seeing his brooding presence in the Harry Potter film, I have no doubts about him playing up an Imperial or even a Sith/Dark Jedi.

starocean90 likes this.
  14. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Apart from Ben Skywalker I wonder....

15. Varinnia

Varinnia Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 15, 2014
    This is fun, Huffingtonpost says Gleeson's character is "top secret" and you say the journalist speculated, but you believe in Mizzlewump o_O

16. Longsight

Longsight Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2014

If you've never seen the movie Sensation, that might change your mind. There's a scene where he drowns kittens. Over the course of the film he goes from farmboy to pimp, and he does some pretty cruel things to women, too. Also check out Calvary, starring his dad. Domhnall's got a bit part in it where he plays a serial killer. He's on for maybe five minutes but he's absolutely chilling. Domhnall's got a tremendous amount of personal charm and he converts that very easily into good-guy charisma. But he has remarkable range, too. Playing a bad guy (especially a twisted one) is well within his ability and he's not afraid to stick his neck out there and skeeve the audience.

That being said, I'm personally still hoping he's the Son of Skywalker. :)

TK327, CairnsTony and Revanfan1 like this.
  17. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah Charm is an important tool for Both Good Guys and Bad Guys, it makes a character memorable. Especially since a lot of bad guys tend to spend some time pretending to be good with a Magnetic Personality

18. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    When people say "Imperial" what are they really saying? When I think of Imperials I think of the boring, no personality people in the OT. Is this the fate of Gleeson that everyone wants?

Shamear likes this.
  19. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    I don't want Luke to have a biological child. I think it is far more interesting if his "heir" and "son" so to speak is an apprentice whom he takes on a fatherly role with. Perhaps an orphan who grew up, just as Luke did, never having a father.

Plus never marrying makes Luke more akin to the Jedi he should follow (Obi-Wan, Yoda, etc.) and less like his father.

20. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    That's because HF speculated about Gleeson's role to be top secret.

21. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Absolutely. My initial gut feeling was that he was a good guy and then I checked out bits of his work. By July I was leaning towards him being a baddie: Domhnall can play 'evil' in a way that can chill you to the bone.

TK327 likes this.
  22. Marcus-Kinn

Marcus-Kinn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    What if Domhnall is playing Luke's son, and in the rumored flashback sequence Luke reveals that he exiled himself after he accidentally wounded his son as a result of losing control of his Jedi powers?

In this way, Domhnall would be playing the cyborg character who is obsessed with Vader and other Sith artifacts, because Vader is his grandfather, and he feels a strong connection to him because he is now more machine than man (just like Vader was).

This would nicely tie into the OT in that Luke once redeemed his father, and now this time it's his son that needs redeeming.

nightangel likes this.
  23. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Maybe he'll be what Tarkin never was.

24. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Not even Tarkin was never Tarkin.

25. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Guys don't forget that Devin Faraci tweeted that from what he knows of Gleeson's role, it is a spoiler. I don't buy that he is merely a Tarken-esque imperial with nothing else to the role. He maybe that, but then there will be a revelation about him late in the movie that reveals he is more important to the story than just some officer that takes orders from the big bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.