main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

Revelation as Luke's son would be perfect. [face_batting]

2. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I am not saying he will be revealed as Luke's son, although that would be my preference. For all we know he could be revealed to be Bane or Plagieus.

3. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I would prefer people like Jason to say his role is such a big spoiler. Devin Faraci was the one who start the hand thing, who quickly claimed that he knew Luke was the baddie of the movie when MSW said it (curious that afterwards Jason said that probably was not the case but Devin said nothing). And the one who said Poe Dameron was the new Lando (because we all know Lando was such a famous X-Wing pilot, yep).

But it would be nice if we had a new Skywalker, I would like the name to be always part of the saga. So maybe the next trilogy is lead by the grandson of Luke.

4. Michaea

Michaea Jedi Knight

Nov 29, 2014

I agree it would be nice to have a new Skywalker. I know that Leia's child would be in the Skywalker family, but he/she would not bear the Skywalker name.

But now that it seems very probable that none of the big three is a Skywalker, I am debating with myself:

Is it more surprising that,

1) There is no new Skywalker in the ST

2) The new Skywalker is not one of the three mains

Either would have been incredibly surprising to me a short time ago, but it seems very likely that one of them is true.

5. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014

or 3) He is not one of the three mains in episode VII, but maybe in VIII/IX, because he must come out of the shadow for a reason. ;)

6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Totally agree. I was expecting the ST to be lead by Luke´s son and Leia´s daughter. I think everything is suggesting Rey is a Solo, we know Poe Dameron is neither a Skywalker nor a Solo, and with Finn we don´t know his surname, but I am not expecting him to be a Skywalker not a Solo. So no Skywalker surname on the lead group this time. If there is a new Skywalker and is a secondary role I think it will be just because they want to keep the surname alive for future movies. And if there is no Skywalker at all I will think it is due to the fact that Disney wants new heroes, new names, new families. If the only legacy character is Rey then her surname will not continue neither, as she maybe does not get married or if she does her surname will not be carried on.

So yep, this might be the last trilogy with a Skywalker.

7. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Well one thing is for certain, Domnhall Gleeson must be giggling his butt off reading all the speculation behind his character. His agent should be cashing in as we speak regardless whether Gleeson's is indeed a major character like Luke's kid (or part of the Skywalker clan) or is just some bit player like Wedge in the OT. His stock most likely will never be higher!

8. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

I don't think he is laughing. I think he is stressed out like hell. Imagine the S....storm one slip during an interview would cause.

9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I still say if they want to go with a really interesting story, have him be Luke's son who for some reason does not have the Force. He'd have to cope with that, and in all likeliness he'd be a great shot. Maybe even a hand-to-hand combat expert. That could be pretty cool; we haven't really seen one of those in Star Wars before besides Maul (he was described as such in the EU, anyways), and even he only used his saber in the movie.

However, I am still hoping that Gleeson is Luke's son, and a Jedi. I liked the rumor a while back about him being undercover as an Imperial officer and revealing himself as a hero when Finn and Rey are in trouble. It's possible that won't happen, but I'm still hopeful.

10. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    From a franchise perspective, I can't see Disney letting the Skywalker name die out, it's just to much of a part of what Star Wars has been. Whether that means that Domhnall Gleeson is a Skywalker or that there's another Skywalker running around 'off-screen' as it were, they really gain nothing from having the name die.

11. Michaea

Michaea Jedi Knight

Nov 29, 2014

Excellent point. I think you're right. The name "Skywalker" is so monumentally prolific, I do not think Disney would let it fall away and lose all chance of using it in future movies and spin offs taking place after Luke.

It's safe to assume that they have planned at least one major reveal on the level of "I am your father", likely saved for Episode 8 or 9. Perhaps this will have something to do with the "Skywalker" name?

starocean90 likes this.
  12. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I've said it before Skywalker is to Star Wars what "Kirk" is to Star Trek. you ask any die hard fan of either franchise about the other and you'll probably have a few that would say skywalker or kirk.

13. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    double post. please delete.

14. Cartoon Boba

Cartoon Boba Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    On that note, I hope some other old names resurface or get used for the first time. I love Darklighter, Starkiller and 'Deak'.

15. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    so i'm throwing in my two cents again and i'm thinking that If Dom was playing "Son of Skywalker" and was the main protagonist wouldn't he have oh i don't know been announced first? though i do have one theory and that is that if they did that maybe the fandom wouldn't be too excited about the other actors that were going to be in the movie.

16. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Either way , this thread is gonna get hilariously interesting once Dom's role is revealed.

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm still holding out hope for Dom to at least be a good guy. I'm sure he can easily win me over as a villain, too, but to me the bearded look he had while filming was more "hero" than "villain." If they really wanted him to be a villain, he can easily look very intimidating if he's clean-shaven.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But bearded, he looks like a plucky, friendly guy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

However, it might be a moot point because he can look just as friendly and plucky when beardless, when he wants to.

[​IMG]

But I can't really find any pics where he looks truly "villainous" while bearded. And he did have a beard throughout all the filming. However, I will readily admit that it's silly to decide a person's alignment due to facial hair. It's just me clinging to hope that he's a good guy, I guess. :p

Michaea and starocean90 like this.
  18. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    There has been WAY more successful Star Trek without a Kirk, than with. Remember a "Kirk" in ST:TNG? DS9? Voyager? Star Trek did fine without ANY legacy characters. Star Wars would too.
    I can totally see there being NO Solo or Skywalker children. This board would explode.

19. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I have to admit that Gleeson really could pass off as Ben very well comparing some of the art work, especially because of the curly hair.

[​IMG]

Michaea and Revanfan1 like this.
  20. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    i just saw him in "Unbroken" and he did a damn good job.

21. coxie0520

coxie0520 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2014
    I just saw the last few Harry Potter movies this weekend (I know I've waited waaaaay too long :p ) and although he had little screen time, I enjoyed Dom's portrayal as Bill Weasley :)

I hope some tidbits leak soon about his role, Skywalker or not (preferably, the former ;) )

22. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Gleeson's role in TFA is a total enigma to me. The one thing I feel is that his role won't be exclusive to just TFA. I think his character will be one that will grow in importance and prominence in 8 & 9. Just a hunch..

starocean90 and Revanfan1 like this.
  23. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    If Dom is the "son of Skywalker", and it's meant to be a reveal late in the film, then no they wouldn't have announced him first. Likewise if he was gonna be one of the main protagonists of VIII and/or IX, but not so much in VII, then he wouldn't have been announced first, either. Han only joined the group after we met Luke and Leia... Lando later still.

Or, he could just have a minor role in general, without any familial link to anyone, but still significant enough to warrant being in that cast read-thru.

T-R- and Revanfan1 like this.
  24. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

Ah, but if Han and Leia are separated/estranged, I wonder if Leia's daughter would choose to go by "Rey Skywalker" instead of Solo, if she and her dad are on the outs...Probably not likely, but would be possible and kind of interesting.

25. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    What could have made Han and Leia estranged? The death of their daughter while training under Luke?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.