main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hera

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Why_So_Serious, Feb 20, 2014.

1. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    This was talked about in the Ezra thread a bit and figured it deserved it's own thread. A New Dawn makes it pretty clear that Hera has a real single minded opinion about the war. Only chooses to bring a long people who will help fight/create a Rebellion and doesn't bother with people who won't. You can see this in Rebels as well (though about as toned down as it could possibly be).

What are your feelings on this?

2. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I think it's pretty apparent that Hera is mostly interested in fighting the Empire. However, I think Kanan realizes that while they want to do that, it won't pay the bills even if he doesn't understand how business works. Hera has surrounded herself with people who are strong and also oppose the Empire for their own reasons. I haven't finished reading A New Dawn, so I can't comment on that point.

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I think that well Hera has a single minded opinion, somewhat ( because it's been six years since A New Dawn and people can change during that time) is that she does care about the people she picks up; but she also understands the importance of the rebellion. Like; when she stressed it to Sabine ( in a way) in Out of Darkness. There her new family now.

I hope we find out what happened to her old one though.

4. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    In AND, she was VERY strict about who she picked up. Even after a full adventure, she still almost didn't take along Kanan. I think she cares about them a lot, but let's her cause get in the way sometimes.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Or, y'know, the Hera thread. ;)

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I find it admirable that she does not let concern for people get in the way of her mission.

I'm glad she and Kanan found each other but she has not let him become a weakness for her.

7. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    It will be interesting to see if the others begin to become dissatisfied with her at some point. We have already seen Sabine question her and (though I am not sure how valid the talk is) looking through some of the threads it looks as though Kanan begins to struggle with some things as well.

8. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    It's a really uncommon character trait and I think it's a great one.

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah. Hera is one of a kind.

It'll be nice to see her character further develop as well.

I hope we also get to see her kicking imperial *** on the field as well as what she has been doing with her flying.

10. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    After reading A New Dawn, Hera has become my favourite Rebels character. Her character has remained pretty much the same in the book and the TV series. I wish Kanan was more like he was in the book, but that's a topic for another thread. There is still a lot of mystery around Hera, which is a good thing to have, but hopefully the show will focus a little more on her as the leader of the group, and not quite as much on the Jedi stuff. Hera actually reminds me quite a bit of Kea Moll from the Droids TV series. She was also a lone Rebel who gathered a small group of allies and was also the owner of the groups ship. It would be fun to see the two meet up since they are from the same time period, and bring some of the good elements of Droids back into canon at the same time.

Doop likes this.
  11. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    You see @Englehasts fanart yet? No not THAT fanart, the 3d rebels one. He made a few droids characters based off how they would look in TCWs artstyle.

12. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    I think Hera is the best animated of all the characters...her facial expressions look very genuine and she is gorgeous to look at....

DarthTalonx likes this.
  13. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Been worrying of late that Hera will be the first character killed off.
    Hoping that's not the case.

14. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The black guy green girl always dies first?

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'll be mad as hell if that happens.

I'm not going to be happy when Kanan dies but I also kind of expect it.

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I think Kanan might be the first to die. Or maybe Zeb.

But hopefully Hera doesn't. I'd probably have the same reaction as anakinfansince1983 if she did.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think Kanan will die first.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  18. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I don't see them killing off Hera anytime soon honestly. Not to say that anyone isn't game, I just don't see her anytime soon. Kanan seems the most logical conclusion of who gets killed off first once he fulfills his purpose of training Ezra as much as he possibly can. But, then it would either fall on Ezra to further his training on his own, or another more skilled master in the ways of the force that hasn't been introduced yet in Rebels.

19. captainkenbo

captainkenbo Jedi Padawan star 2

Dec 21, 2014
    Kanan and Hera are a thing right. They should at least have a make out scene soon lol
    Because otherwise there's really no point in them making Hera say things like "love" or "dear" if they're not going to blatantly show they are in a relationship

Sorry but Kera is my OTP [face_not_talking]

CoolyFett and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    There a thing. :) I mean, in Out of Darkness Hera was practically on his lap when she was talking about her 'ship'. I'm still waiting for a kiss though.

Kera is my OTP too.

captainkenbo likes this.
  21. andreaphilips3

andreaphilips3 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2014
    Why does there always have to be a love story? This is a rebellion against the worst Empire the galaxy has ever seen. There shouldn't be romance flying left and right. Kanan and Hera should keep it in their pants.

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Lol. Well; love is found everywhere and anywhere. It's what helps keep people together. And Kanan and Hera draw strength from that love for each other.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't think abstaining from sex is required to fight the Empire. People need a little down time and fun.

I'm not a fan of constant love story love story everywhere either but Kanan and Hera have been very well done.

24. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Hera has a very decent understanding of the Jedi ways.

25. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Somewhere Quagmire is saying "Giggity." Agree that it has been done well though. It hasn't been in your face the entire time, or overly played. It's implied and that is enough right now.

TheOneX_Eleazar likes this.