main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hera

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Why_So_Serious, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Yes she does. I wonder why? She probably wouldn't have had many encounters with Jedi, so I'm guessing it must come just from stories that she has heard about them. It seems like she is seriously interested in having Ezra trained, even more so than Kanan.

2. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Wait, so is there actually a Hera/Kanan romance going on? How much am I missing from not reading "A New Dawn"?

3. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Well; it's mostly just flirting in A New Dawn. But looking at how they act around each other now; there is a romance between them. So it evolved from flirting to actually being together in the five/six years before Rebels.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, thankfully they skipped that usually-sappy over-the-top stage in which they are newly-together, and went from flirting in A New Dawn to the stage in which they've been together long enough that they're just comfortable and at ease.

5. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth. :)

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  7. shorttrooper

Dec 3, 2014
    Star Wars hasn't done the sappy love scenes very well in the past

8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    "I hate sand...."

shorttrooper likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Sappy love scenes are just bad anyway.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  10. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    So far, after ten episodes into the initial season, Hera would be my favorite character of the Ghost crew. Her wisdom and equanimity gives her a unique quality free of the usual stereotypes for such a character. Vanessa Marshall does a fantastic job as well in bringing her to life by voicing the character.

11. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I'm still not liking Hera much.. She kinda feels like a grownup Ahsoka without Force powers. She's too right too often.

CoolyFett likes this.
  12. shorttrooper

Dec 3, 2014
    I like her but I'd like to see her be wrong about something too. It would round her character out a bit to show some weakness.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't know what you all mean by "weakness," but I absolutely do not want her to lose her sarcasm or her badassery, and become that character who screeches or hides in a corner when the bad guys show up.

I see more of a resemblance to Leia than Ahsoka. So far no pets in this show.

14. shorttrooper

Dec 3, 2014
    Even Leia showed a vulnerable side at points. But most of the time she was strong. Seeing some vulnerability makes a character feel real or relate - able. But you're right it shouldn't be overdone.

Togruta and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  15. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Hera feels like the cornerstone and anchor they all depend upon due to the fractured circumstances of their lives and the reasons that brought them all together. Without her voice of reason and maturity it's hard to imagine how the others thus far would discover those things within themselves them need to evolve beyond without her there to mirror and support them in their efforts.

[​IMG]

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    So ignoring Ezra in the background...

[​IMG]

I really liked this scene. It looks like Hera is teaching Sabine how to ride a speeder bike. Which is the Star Wars equivalent of a kid riding a Bicycle I suppose.

17. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I don't know if Hera is that important to the crew, but yeah, even Leia could mess up majorly. That scene when she tried to be badass and landed them all in the garbage trap was gold. It was funny and showed she could be wrong, despite how in-control she acted.

18. shorttrooper

Dec 3, 2014
    Very true. I was thinking of the scene in RTJ where she gets upset when Luke tells her she is his sister and then leaves to go fight Vader. And Han comes out and she gets all angry and then starts crying. That was a great moment.

19. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    To be fair, if Leia DIDN'T do that then they'd all have been shot down by Stormtroopers. They were trapped in a corridor with no other escape route in the middle of the Death Star, even Stormtroopers aren't THAT inept. So she made the ONLY choice at the time that made any kind of logical sense. I don't count it as a "screw up." As for Hera, she's cool (Sabine is still my personal favorite). I still don't think that we've gotten 100% confirmation that she and Kanan are a couple though.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I don't count that as a screw-up either. I count is as "saving their skins."

21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    She appears to be the anchor and motherly love figure for this family of misfits, whom are mainly held together for their own personal hatred of the Empire. They're too individualistic and reckless, makes for a cute show but not a very serious or realistic outfit. Kanan and Zeb are like man-childs, there is not authoritative father figure.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Why does there need to be one?

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  23. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014

24. shorttrooper

Dec 3, 2014
    Brilliant send the droids to a planet covered in sand!

25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I see Kanan as more of a laid back "boys will be boys" type of father-figure myself. He lets Hera handle the discipline. Oh and whenever she gets particular annoyed with Zeb and uses his full name, that's is so much of a "mother scolding her child when they misbehave" thing to do that it's hilarious.