main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion 2015 Fanfic Resolutions

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    2014 has come and gone. Did you keep any of your 2014 fanfic resolutions? What are your goals for 2015?

As for me:
    I did it!
    For 2015, I'd like to complete my DDC.

2. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999

This...did not happen for a variety of real life reasons. However, I am much closer than I was a year ago, so I'll repeat this resolution and amend it to include posting. My ultimate goal is to have this fic finished before Ep. 7 comes out. ;)

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    This is my first time with a resolutions thread here, so I'll just go ahead and make one for 2015: to finish, or at least make substantial progress on, my current multi-chapter story. Fingers crossed that it may be so!

4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    My resolution is to get my redemption fic idea out of my system.

5. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    [face_rofl]

Nope. Did manage a couple things that weren't in the resolution, though, so I can't complain. Last time I tried to set a weekly time goal and that just didn't work for me. So this time I'll try going with project-completion/regular updates instead.

This year, I'd like to:
    1) Complete a diary for 2015.
    2) Make monthly updates on one of my ongoing stories.
    3) Finish another thing -- it started out as a prologue chapter but now looks like it'll be a short/medium-length chaptered story (of course.:p)
    4) Continue to post short stories in my AU thread.

With all that and keeping up with what everyone else is doing, that may keep me out of trouble for a year... :D

6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    1. I'll give myself a D− on that one. I stayed on schedule, but I was extremely rushed several times.
    2. Nope. Zero. That is, unless I get my fic-gift written before the end of 2014.
    3. Fail.
    4. Fail by default. (Also, the RPG's schedule fell in such a way that it wouldn't have worked anyway.)
    5. Success! Though I could definitely be even more active.

For 2015:

1. Complete my RPG storyline on schedule without being rushed.
    2. Write 10,000 words of pure fanfic.
    3. See #3 from 2014. :p
    4. See #4 from 2014. :p
    5. Create a brief plot summary for some original fiction, with hopes of writing it in the future.

Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    2. Do some serious worldbuilding and work on my Tribute Tale for Peter. Think I have the characters sorted (after 6 years let it be! It has been a *long* path 8-})

Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  8. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Fanfic writing goals:
    1. I want to finish writing and posting my longfic before 18 December 2015.
    2. I may or may not do a diary (that's something I'll decide in the coming two weeks anyway)
    3. I'll share my background material on the Fanon thread every month.
    4. I'll participate in at least one challenge every two months.
    5. I won't let my original fic writing interfere with the above (fat chance...)

Fanfic reading goals:
    1. I intend to read a wider variety of fics in 2015, not to limit myself to specific genres and universes like I did so far.
    2. I will learn and read about the Before/Old Republic era.
    3. I will read at least one diary while it is in progress instead of waiting for them all to be completed before I go on a binge.
    4. I will kill my inner lurker and systematically review the stories I read.

* Pst, Chyntuck, Chyntuck, you're being overambitious here * * doesn't listen and swaggers away*

9. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    1. Finish two tales
    2. Comment on more stories that I read.

Nyota's Heart and Kahara like this.
  10. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Pretty much the only thing I got done that falls on the resolutions for last year was the non-Laera Tales from the Corps story, and it's not even a proper Tales at that since it takes the form of a diary (for now, anyway). That other story doesn't really count because it's not technically a Tales story either since so far it only involves only a couple of named Marines so far.

That said, I'm not going to bother making more resolutions for the coming year. They never work, and are almost always forgotten within a month. :p

Nyota's Heart and Kahara like this.
  11. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    We have a winner! :p

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  12. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    My resolutions is to WRITE OUT a fan fic BEFORE I start posting. I doubt that I will be able to do this since I am impulsive and jump the gun.

A few more attainable resolutions are finish two of my fics, one that is posted here and the other is only on ff.net and possibly find a new Beta for the Dark Leia one and it's sister story since I doubt Bryg will be able to find the time to continue t be my Beta; she had her second child last week.

Nyota's Heart, Goodwood and Kahara like this.
  13. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    Maybe like Goodwood...my resolution is to stop making fanfic promises I'm not going to keep. So that means I need to either not make the promises, or follow through with ones I've said. What can I do. I try to commit but then that ends up a lose. Unless it's a challenge or exchange, it'll come when it comes. So call mine a "non-resolution" I guess. [face_good_luck]

14. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    To write...something...anything...Bueller? Bueller?

15. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I did the diary challenge and completed it. I also did the 2014 NaNo. I didn't finish editing my 2013 NaNo, but I still plan on completing it.

For 2015 I want to:

1. Do a diary challenge.
    2. Do the 2015 NaNo
    3. Get around to posting my 2013 NaNo.
    4. Do some writing challenges.

16. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    GET THAT 10-YEAR-OLD KRIFFIN' PRETENTIOUS LUKE/VADER FIC DONE. Srsly. Enough already. [face_beatup][face_tired][face_laugh]

17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I didn't make any for 2014... ;) Also, I resolve to actually do some writing of fic.

Kahara, Chyntuck and Viridian-Maiden like this.
  18. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    I want to finish a couple of stories which I should have finished ages ago.
    Bring this year's Dear Diary up to a point where it is in line with the Hobbit so I can start on that.
    Do a fan fic about Ori.

Chyntuck and Kahara like this.
  19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Mine for 2014 was to write... which I guess I technically did do, though not very well... especially not things to finish and post. I've started a bunch of fics, just not finished them.

My resolution this year is to finish and post at least 4 fics or 1 longer fic.

Chyntuck likes this.
  20. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I didn't have any resolutions for 2014, but in 2015 I would like to finish writing and posting by Episode VII fic (and get started on Episode VIII), and also finish off all of my posted but unfinished WIPs.

21. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    1. Familiarize myself with all the games being held and take part.

2. Read more.

3. Grasp the concept of RPG, as I vaguely understand that people play characters but I don't get anything else.

4. Participate in the fanon thread.

5. Develop my OC and see what to do with her.

6. Complete my current long fic at some point and perhaps find somebody to illustrate it.

7. Become actual friends with some people on this subforum.

22. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    Actually finishing a story. Any story at this point! :)

I'm starting fanfic project of Star Wars, that Star Wars without no canon Characters in it. Like really alternative universe.

23. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    Didn't make any for 2014, but for 2015:

Finish my two WIPS, mainly. Maybe do some shorter pieces, and also finish outlining and start some concept writing for another fic I have in mind.

24. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Okay, I already downsized my writing goals :p I won't be doing a diary this year, if nothing else because January/February are shaping up to be crazy. But I'm off to a really good start on my reading goals :)

25. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    My goals for last year were:

And I did not accomplish a single one! Again!

So, most of these are repeats 8-} Hey, gotta keep going until I get them!

1. Write 120,000 words. Four is my lucky number, so maybe this is the year I make that happen.

2. Finish all the challenges I take on (and the ones I picked up in previous years and then neglected)

3. Finish and post a NSWFF story.

4. Write more Star Wars.

5. Read more! Average at least one story per day.

I doubt I'll really accomplish them all, but maybe I'll do better than the last couple years and get something done :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.