main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Star Wars Celebration - 2015 Anaheim

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawajames , Nov 21, 2014.

1. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Who's excited for Star Wars Celebration coming back to the west coast?

PatttyB0123 likes this.
  2. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
  3. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    I'll be there!

jawajames likes this.
  4. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    now with Revenge of the Sith in 3D!
    from Yakface.com:
    I received my latest issue of the Star Wars Insider today and was surprised to read thatRevenge of the Sith will be making its theatrical 3D premiere during Celebration Anaheim in April. Attendees will be able to view the entire Prequel Trilogy in 3D (along with the Original Trilogy in non-3D) over the course of the four day event.

5. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
    I guess Brian calmly expressing his displeasure about not seeing the 3D Prequels to Mary Franklin at D23 last year had some kind of effect. :p

6. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    All shall love me and despair. :)

7. wobafett

wobafett Jedi Knight

Feb 17, 2012
    I'm so stoked. It's my first celebration and the year of the return of Star Wars?! Plus my best friend is hopefully getting tickets soon and our friendship is based off of Star Wars.

Anyone been before? What can I except?

8. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    wobafett: I've been to a lot of Celebrations, so I think you're in for a real treat. Imagine a con where all the exhibitors on the con floor have Star Wars stuff, where all the panels are about some aspect of Star Wars or Star Wars fandom, and all the celebrities are Star Wars stars. And all the attendees there are there because they love Star Wars. So you can expect to be surrounded by Star Wars, and you'll probably find something to your liking, whether it's meeting your fellow fans, checking out cool things like watching Revenge of the Sith in 3D, meeting some of your favorite actors and voice actors, getting to see sneak peeks of Rebels and maybe even stuff for Episode VII, and checking out cool merchandise, including exclusives that you can't find anywhere else.

With the programmed panels, often times lines form for the popular panels, so be prepared to wait in line (and make some friends in line).

9. wobafett

wobafett Jedi Knight

Feb 17, 2012
    jawajames Thanks for the rundown! It truly does sound magical. I haven't spent money on pins or anything like that because I'm hoping to save up some money for Celebration exclusives. Is this the kind of event that would benefit from the bringing of a 3DS to play with others while in line?

10. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    bringing a 3DS or other mobile gaming platform might help pass the time while waiting in line - usually i just chat with my friends... or make new friends in line.

11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Or, you know, books.

12. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    only 2 weeks to go!

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    At this point I'm rather sad it's not in Orlando. Hotel fees alone would have made Orlando (including the flight there!) cheaper. :(

14. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    I may be able to get tickets for Celebration (for free). Would probably only go up for the movies on Thursday and Friday though. And I can't afford a hotel which means I'll be driving back and forth each day. Is anybody else doing that that wants to carpool or something?

15. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
  16. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Live Streaming starts now.

17. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Still watching this stuff