main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "All I Have to Give" - AU - OCs - OC Revolution Winter Challenge response

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by divapilot, Jan 13, 2015.

1. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Title: All I Have to Give
    Author: Divapilot
    Characters: OCs from “True Blue”
    Time frame: AU - NJO
    Summary: Taking a risk is never easy.
    Genre: romance

Written for the OC Revolution Winter Challenge http://boards.theforce.net/threads/bring-back-the-oc-revolution-winter-challenge-due-jan-31-challenge-rules-updated-1-9.50004117/page-10]here[/url], from Raissa Baird: “My idea was that your OC receives (or gives) and unexpected gift.”

I have taken the liberty of combining this with the Just for fun challenge, which was to include the word festivities and to keep the length under 500 words. (This clocks in at around 495.)

The scene fits into the timeline of “True Blue” between chapters 9 and 10.

The characters of this work are Breha ("Bree") Solo, who is the fourth and youngest of the children of Han and Leia Solo. Unlike her siblings, she is not Force sensitive. Blue is the Barolian medic of the refugee transport vessel Alisander. He and Bree met when she smuggled aboard the ship, and they are in the first tentative stages of a love affair.

“It’s your birthday.”

Blue’s eyebrows rose in surprise. “It is? How do you know?”

Bree sat in the alcove outside of his office, one leg tucked underneath her. “Because you showed me your identicard, and it had your date of birth on it. You’re twenty-six today. Happy birthday.”

He rubbed the back of his neck as he sat beside her. “I didn’t keep track of that anymore. I guess I just count time by the length of the runs the ship makes.” He took her hand in his. “I can’t believe you remembered.”

She toyed with the palm of his hand. “Well, I can’t say I’ve planned any elaborate festivities in your honor. It’s going to be a simple celebration this year. I didn’t get you a present.” She slid her fingers up his palm so that their fingers interlaced. “In fact, there is really only one thing I can give you.”

“Bree-” he began softly, but she raised her finger to his lips to quiet him.

She gripped his hand tightly and gently stroked his hair back with her other hand. “I’m taking a chance because I’m not even sure this gift is something you want. But I have been thinking a lot about us, especially since we were together the other night. Blue, I know that this run will be over soon, and I’ll be leaving the ship. But I don’t want this – us -- to end after the ship docks. I’m sure we can find a way to make this work.”

She sighed. “You’re too much a part of my heart not to try. I love you. If that’s too much for me to say, then I’m sorry. But we don’t have much time before the ship docks at Tanis, and I don’t want to risk losing you because I didn’t tell you how I felt.”

Bree bit her lip in response to his silence. “You don’t have to say anything, and I don’t want to upset you. I’m honestly not looking for a response.”

He opened his mouth as if struggling to say something, and she silently cursed herself. “I’m sorry,” she whispered. “I shouldn’t have said anything so forward.” She dropped her head.

“You love me?” he repeated, incredulous.

“I can’t help it. I love you.” Bree shrugged, still looking down. “So, happy birthday, Blue. It’s all I have to give you.”

Slowly, he lifted her chin, and she looked at him. His violet-blue eyes glittered. “It’s everything I could have wanted. It’s more than I dreamed of,” he said quietly. He smiled tenderly and cupped her face with his hand. “You really love me?” he asked again.

Bree nodded, then she raised her hand to his face. He closed his eyes and leaned in towards her. His kiss was gentle, a soft brushing of his lips against hers, then it deepened in passion and intensity. As she pressed her mouth to his, she felt her fingers dampen from his tears.

2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Very sweet! I really have to read True Blue (although I see you've started posting it to A03, so I might catch up there.)

Nyota's Heart and Kahara like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, SQUEE! Melty melt! I'm one evaporated mess! [face_dancing] Breathtaking and wonderful! [:D]

Chyntuck and Kahara like this.
  4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Awww... [face_love]

Wonderful little story!

Nyota's Heart and Kahara like this.
  5. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Wonderful missing moment! I still need to catch up on True Blue... Love how they're both very much in head-over-heels but afraid of pushing too much.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  6. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I love this pairing and loved 'True Blue'.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  7. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    "Melty-melt" covers it all, I think :) And those of you who haven't read "True Blue", get started now. It's a wonderful story.

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Aww, what a sweet little romantic vignette. Remembering birthdays—I'd say that's a gift in itself and a good start to this relationship! :D Great work incorporating both of the challenges, too!

9. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005

Thank you! Yes, it’s complete on both sites but there is a bit extra in AO3. Glad you liked it.

Thank you so much! I’m happy you liked this. Evaporated and melty is good.

Thank you. I appreciate that!

Thanks so much! Yes, Bree and Blue take a while to believe that they have found each other after all. Thanks for the reply!

Aw, thanks so very much! Bree and Blue have really taken on a life of their own. Thank you for the kind words!

Thank you for replying! And thank you too for the endorsement. I am very flattered!

Thanks for the reply! Remembering someone’s birthday is even more special when they have forgotten it themselves.

Thank you to everyone who stopped in to read. @};-

10. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I can totally see where and how this fits - perfect for the stage where Blue is still learning that he can be loved. <3

P.S. I'd totally link to the other two stories, if I were you.

divapilot likes this.