main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Technology in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by chris hayes, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    A spontaneous discussion of big guns in SWC reminded me of this thing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landkreuzer_P._1500_Monster]Landkreuzer[/url] P. 1500 Monster (and yes, it's official name is Monster.)

The thing is an insanely supervillain-like design that the Germans planned to build during WW2. It's a 1500 tonne tank armed with what is basically the 1940s equivalent of a Death Star superlaser. A huge gun that fired 80cm shells.
    A supertank like that would fit right in the Imperial Army, you don't even need to redesign it. Hell, you don't even need to rename it, haha.

PS, for reference - this is what an 80cm shell looks like.
    [​IMG]

2. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
  3. Scot Pagel

Scot Pagel Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2014
    I always loved the Y-wing bombers, A - wings and the tie bombers

Andy Wylde likes this.
  4. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    ...and the Random Bump of the Week award goes to....

I'm looking forward to what other ships we'll see; updates on more OT fighters? New fighters (the rumored "E-wing" and "C-wing", I guess)? I'd love to see an evolution in the A-wing type of ship.

Sarge likes this.
  5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  6. Kyle Mccaskill

Kyle Mccaskill Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2014
  7. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    @Kyle Mccaskill
    as a courtesy to Making we don't post his entire articles on this forum.

8. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    i love me some imperial toys...thanks jason!
    loved seeing walkers in the ot films. cant wait to see them in the new ones, moving or lived in....either way i like it.

9. CptSteam

CptSteam Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 14, 2014
  10. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    According to the description that starship is only nine feet in length. Either it's actually a speeder (Rey's red speeder is about nine foot approximately) or the scale shoud be 1:48 instead of 1:18.

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  12. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    starocean90 likes this.
  13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Far more interesting than the background speeders is this info;

I also saw many more designs for Rey’s “Wagon Speeder” (my term). There is a shot where Rey zooms across the sands in a speeder with a flatbed in the back. Finn is in the rear, hurt, and BB-8 is laying on its side, along for the ride. In each different piece the front of the speeder is slightly different and in some the fins on the back are changed. Some were just edited versions of the same drawings.

I wonder whether this comes after Rey gets her ship back from the thieves or before? As for BB-8 laying on his side, that would indicate that it is deactivated at this point - perhaps getting damaged at the same time as Finn sustained his injuries?

14. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Interesting stuff, Crazy. Makes you wonder how exactly Finn got hurt.

Easy answer is he got shot, but I just had an epiphany: maybe Kylo Ren makes an early appearance in the movie, attacks him, and cuts his leg. Rey's speeder roars in, she jumps out, and we find out that she's a Jedi when she ignites her saber and tears into Ren. It catches him off guard and she's able to do something to wind him briefly and she loads the injured Finn into her speeder and takes off. Ren recovers, and pursues her with a compliment of storm troopers. A frenetic chase ensues, and they cut her off, forcing her to race towards a cliff. I'm guessing the Millenium Falcon, Han, and Chewie make their grand entrance around this time heh

I know, bad fan fic but hey just my thoughts :cool:

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  15. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    I wonder if there are equivalents to driver's licenses or such for spaceships in the GFFA. Have they ever been mentioned?

16. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

only thing I can think of is where pilots have their ships registered so spacedocks can read their transponder or whatever.

17. hartman89

hartman89 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2014
    Thank you. I was wondering if there is any age requirements...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.