main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Empire

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Jan 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I thought the Empire needed its own thread so I made it.

Discuss anything Related to the Empire and there Future on Rebels.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I want to see some decent Imperial Officers.

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
  4. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    The Inquisitor and Kallus going out to an awkward best friends lunch please.

....How else do you think they discuss the Rebel situation?

No but seriously, I feel like we should see Storm troopers training or a few episodes just focused on them fighting the Rebels.

5. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    I think it'd be great to see a younger Gilad Pellaeon or Maximilian Veers. Rebels has a great opportunity to bring in some of the secondary characters from the OT and EU, especially the Imperial officers who only get a handful of lines in the movies.

Overall, they need to improve the competence of the Imperials. You cannot continue to maintain them as a plausible threat if they keep paying keystone cops.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Question from someone who has not seen a single second of Rebels.

The Imperials have been portrayed as incompetent goons?

Have their been any elite units?

How about some sort of crack commando unit specifically formed to hunt down these Rebels? Sorta like Delta Squad, but this time they're definitely bad guys. Or for EU fans, sorta like the formation of Rogue Squadron and Wraith Squadron.

TCW had Magnaguards in the movie, and commando droids as early as Rookies.

CoolyFett likes this.
  7. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    CT-867-5309

The Inquisitor is okay, but he's not around enough. I question how Agent Kallus qualified to work for the ISB, he's really not that good at his job. The rank and file soldier rates somewhere slightly below 'pathetic'.

I think there was there was one scout trooper on a bike that showed promise, but that's it.

I don't recall seeing any special forces, really.

CoolyFett likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've been fine with the stormtroopers getting pwned. That said though, I did enjoy that scout trooper, I was on the edge of my seat in that episode, and I do think we need a Landing at Point Rain-type episode in which the Imperials cause some serious damage.

Come to think of it, the show should have done that, as opposed to having an Ezra hallucination fest or an episode with Lando smuggling a puffer pig. (And I enjoyed that one.)

I just wonder if the Inquisitor would be interested in opening a can of whoopass on anyone other than Kanan or Ezra. He's good, but he was better in the Ezra acid trip than he was in any appearances that were supposed to actually happen.

Kallus needs to lose the sideburns before I can take him seriously.

What I might like to see? Hera's Fulcrum being an Imperial plant, and a few of the Ghost crew getting led to an alleged meeting spot only to meet with several Imperial officers. (And if Hera said "Oh hell," I would be over the moon.)

But...I would like those few to be rescued by the rest of the Ghost crew. Nobody dies until the end of season 2. :p

9. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    "Rebels is stupid! It makes the Empire look so weak and incompetent!"

[​IMG]

10. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    To be fair, it most of the competent Imperials do seem to be the higher ups like Tarkin and the like in the GFFA. I would think that Kallus has gotten as far, because he seems to be a "go getter", and willing to rush head long into battle. Also I want more of Baron Valen Rudor and Commandant Aresko because they're my favorite Imperial punching bags.

CoolyFett likes this.
  11. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Agreed. I want and officer worthy of the title 'taskmaster' and that doesn't have and IQ of 20. When I saw the title Idiot's Array I thought the episode would be about a group of Imperial Officers that advise Kallus.
    More non-Stormtrooper Imperial enemies would be cool. Kallus or The Inquisitor would be so much more intimidating if they were flanked by Imperial Commandos or Shadow Stormtroopers instead of the bumbling fools we call Stormtroopers. We really need to see more variety in the Imperial arsenal, I mean it's 5 bby and the Republic has a better infantry and vehicular ground force (and not just because Clones can actually shoot and Stormtroopers can't shoot for crap). They had AT-TEs, AT-RTs, IFX Tanks, LAAT Gunships, AT-OTs, AT-UTs, V-Wings, ARC-170s, and Z-95 Headhunters just to name a fraction of the arsenal. And the Imperials have TIE Fighters (standard only!!!???), AT-DPs, and some troop transport. Next to nothing. Not to mention their infantry is pathetic. We haven't even seen a freaking scout trooper. I understand plot armor but this is kinda ridiculous.

EDIT*-Oh my gosh I just remembered, any one else that thinks Lothal lacks variety, I personally would consider an Imperial BDZ as like Season 2 mid season finale. If anyone does not know what BDZ stands for, look up Base Delta Zero.

Prophet 49 and CoolyFett like this.
  12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    ARC_RC-7567

I feel like the BDZ will end up happening in Rebels. I mean it was mentioned in the episode with Luminara; so that could have been foreshadowing.

13. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    Wait it was? Indirectly or did they actually say Base Delta Zero? I re watched that episode to compare the prison on Stygeon Prime to the one in Son Of Dathomir but I never heard anything regarding a BDZ. Why do you feel it will happen? I think if the show was on Cartoon Network and had a PG rating, than I have no doubt Filoni would consider it; but on Disney and with a rating of Y7 than I'm not sure if the concept of an orbital extermination of an entire planet would considered due to possibly being "to violent" for the show. I despise this thinking, although it is meant for all ages, having it be really light and the heroes always winning just isn't any interesting to watch. There needs to be some tragic or sad events. They are fighting a war, if they are committed to fighting for freedom the Rebels should be ready to die for it. To be honest I really want the Empire to do a full blown anti-terror operation starting with the sweeping of Lothal with Imperial Commandos and ending with a BDZ. Just wishful thinking :)

CoolyFett likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I want to see or old pal Yularen he is the head of the ISB so he must now about the rebels.

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    It was mentioned when they are all listening around the holonet after Trayvis speaks. They talk about planet liberation; by the use of base delta zero.

And if they can show Luminara's execution; they can show a planet getting BDZ. Just think, Taris from Kotor.

16. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    I guess maybe they can. The thing that strikes me the most about Disney thinking it would be "too violent" would be the deaths of a couple thousand innocent people. Than again they did go into detail about how the ISB basically eradicated the Lasat and when Ezra was on a force trip they showed Kanan get impalled by The Inquisitor

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yep. So, Disney does allow some dark stuff. And Star Wars was never shy about showing death and stuff, so I don't think airing on a Disney channel is going to change that much.

18. ARC_RC-7567

Jan 22, 2015
    If they do end up BDZing a place I hope it's a planet where the lasting effects will be major. Not just Planet XYZ but some planet that a rebel cell is growing on or where the Ghost crew is and that actually matters. A BDZ of Lothal would be great to get them off that boring planet. And if they are gonna show a BDZ, it needs to be a massive assault not just a few cannons firing down that destroy a farm or a fruit vendor. I still though want to see an Imperial Special Commando Unit go through Lothal to take down the Rebels though. If that did happen it would be nice if they got established as minor villains and didn't get killed with one shot to the leg to a punch to the face...

CoolyFett likes this.
  19. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Doesn't mean Rebels should be above criticism.

Lt. Hija likes this.
  20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    ARC_RC-7567

I feel like they might be planning to BDZ Lothal in the final.

Still; we might not see everything, but just enough to understand the devastation that's going on to the planet and it's people. And if it ever does happen, I want to see shots of the Ghost crew and how they are dealing with it/or the shock that they would be in. And I'm sure we'll see Elite Storm Troopers soon. Perhaps once we get off Lothal.

21. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    This gif never gets old.

22. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I was wondering
    what if they take shelter in that Jedi Temple and we see them go outside afterwards to witness what's left of Lothal with the Imperials assuming they're dead?
    This is just an assumption but do you think they'll need a replacement ship if the suspected end of the first season actually happens?​

23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I don't much care for the Empire in rebels, exception is Kallus and the governor lady.

Is this meant to be an example on how to do things? Because if it is, it is a very poor one. The battle on the forest moon is much maligned in fandom for a reason.

darklordoftech and CoolyFett like this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I thought it was great.

A "legion of [the Emperor's] best men" [face_rofl]

25. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I dont think you'll see a competent Empire, unless they somehow turned "good". Bad guys in fiction will always be portrayed a certain way and need to lose at the end. They may have small little victories or kills, but that only goes so far and to mainly advance the plot. Especially in Hollywood movies and cartoons villains are often incompetent much the same way as propaganda WWII movies portraying Axis forces. Lucas favored a more campy approach to his evil empires, whether it was droids or Stormtroopers. Unless some director wants a change of pace, I dont really see anything improving. I think they'll have to make exceptions if or when Vader shows up as he is thee "badass" and they'll follow scripture on that am quite certain- but neither Inquisitor or Kallus are any better than the generic Stormtroopers that surround even them, they exist to be foiled antagonists and plot devices for the weekly serial.