main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info Index + rules + Q&A

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 14, 2013.

1. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Excuse me, I don't if this is the right place to ask , but is there any way I can change my name? Darth Car is a really dumb name to me and I would like to change it.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    darth car, best place to ask and best answer you got. :)

darth car likes this.
  4. LukeIamyourfather123321

LukeIamyourfather123321 Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2015
    How do I get pictures from my tablet onto a thread?

5. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    You have to have those picture somewhere on the internet. http://www.photobucket.com is a good site to use. I believe that you can also link to a picture from Facebook.

To post that picture, you can use the "tree" icon in your option bar when you post, or use can use the [IMG]InsertImageURLHere.jpg[/IMG] coding. If you need to know how to find the specific URL for an image, right click on that image, go to "Properties", and copy the "Address" for the image. Photobucket will give it to you under the image that you can just copy it there and insert into your post.

Skiara likes this.
  6. Valerius Dover

Valerius Dover Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2015
    I'm wondering what the rules are regarding one's avatar. It says it should be more than 200 x 200, but doesn't say what the limit is. I don't want to make a mistake and use one too big, so I'll ask here if that's ok.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I know this does not help that much but I put almost anything on google and it fits.

8. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    As far as I know, every pic will be put in the same size (200x200). That's why mine is stretched and that's why big one will appear small.

LAJ_FETT, the tech admin, will know for sure.

JKF, somehow it helps, since your experience means that you can add anything you want (as long as it's family friendly, of course). ;)

9. shorttrooper

shorttrooper Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 3, 2014
    How do I quote someone? Like if there's a long passage and I just want to grab a few sentences. I know there's a thread on here somewhere but I couldn't find it....

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You mean like this (see below)?

You've searched for the thread with the answer... I know that there's one, but I can't find it either. :confused:

The answer is easy: Hit the reply button on the right of the post you want to quote and then delete the parts you don't need. You just need to make sure that you keep the part in the brackets in the beginning and in the end of each quote. If you like to quote the same post a few times like I did in this one, you need to copy/paste the entirely quote or you simply hit "reply" as often as you need it.

And here's the thread to test things like that. :)

shorttrooper likes this.
  11. First Of My Name

First Of My Name Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2014
    Is it possible to change my account name?

12. Shira A'dola

Shira A'dola Jedi Master star 6

Sep 4, 2012
    Yeah, go to the Official Change My Name thread in Comms (?). I think it's in Comms.

First Of My Name likes this.
  13. AtomicJohnny201

AtomicJohnny201 Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2015
    Does anyone know that Darth Vader did shoot sith lightning! reply if you know where and when.

14. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    Is it possible to embed just an MP3 into a post? I made a Star Wars Medley, but the audio was blocked on YouTube because of all the tracks in it. Is there a way I can do this so people can listen to it without going to another site?

15. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Sadly, there's no way to upload music, videos or pics to this site directly. You need to upload it somewhere else first and link it here afterwards. There's no other way.

Not the answer you wanted to here, but I hoped it helps at least. :)

16. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    What are the rules on signature images? Size limits, etc? I can't find anything in the rules about them, yet I don't see them in anybody's posts.

17. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    As far as I know, they are disabled for signatures. If you plan to do a manual sig for each post, I'd avoid images, because they take up to much space and leads the focus to the wrong place in a post. In addition, there are still some user around with a slow internet connection. So it's just fair to not post too many pics. If you still put a pic in a manual signature, you will get asked to stop this for the reasons above.

Does this answer your question?

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  18. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Yes, thank you.

19. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    You're welcome! :)

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We tried images in signatures when the mods were testing the temp boards. It really slowed stuff down and some of the large images were just distracting from the posts.

Skiara likes this.
  21. michaelsft

michaelsft Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2015
    Hi guys, I wanted to join a discussion about Celebration and accomodation but I have insufficient privilages. Can anyone advise on that please/

Thanks
    Michael

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've checked your ID and all looks OK. Are you in the right place? Our Celebration forum is here.

Skiara likes this.
  23. michaelsft

michaelsft Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2015
    Thanks mate, maybe it just took a while as I've only just signed up but yes, I can now post there :)

Skiara likes this.
  24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Glad to hear it!

michaelsft likes this.
  25. thestraightpoop76

thestraightpoop76 Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2015
    ok instead of wasting time, just straight to the point - am i able to post up a link to my 1/4 scale boba fett video review? It's an amazing figure, and thought I would share. Thanks!