main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.13 - Call to Action - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 30, 2015.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm sure he'll appear in the next season; if he doesn't in any episodes to come.

Welcome to the forums. :)

2. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    So... is Tarkin going to be pretty much the main villain of the show now with the Inquisitor and Kallus as his henchmen??????

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    IG_2000 Remember to keep major spoilers like that in spoiler tags.

4. Dent

Dent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2014
    Kinberg... wow. He just gets Star Wars. This episode was awesome. He has nailed the feel, the action, and just everything Star Wars. I'd love if he wrote every episode... but then we probably wouldn't get his spinoff film. :p

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i'm pissed. my on demand still hasn't updated yet. nooooo!

6. Dent

Dent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2014

I wouldn't mind that at all. The show is probably going to get a lot bigger in terms of scope from here on out, so it seems viable. I wouldn't be surprised if we get Ahsoka Fulcrum coming in during the season finale too, maybe even staying as a recurring character throughout the next season.

From a production standpoint, we're 14 episodes into the season. They said we'll have 16, which means we have 2 episodes left. I think It'd be safe to assume Tarkin will be sticking around for those two at least. (Actual episodic numbers will end up being 13, as the shorts and movie don't count as "episodes").

7. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Best episode yet IMO. It was Star Wars all the way! So much for the House of Mouse censors! Loved it!

8. anotherdemon

anotherdemon Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 29, 2013
    Hell, what a way to make me eat my words over the pilot.

Bravo.

CoolyFett and Darth Zannah like this.
  9. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    No way, probably my guess is Tarkin comes in and wrecks havoc and some how Lothal gets decimated he thinks his work is done and disappears from the show for awhile.

10. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I am in love with this series now.

Just the fact that Disney allowed an execution scene in this gives me hope that this series is going to show how dark the dark times were.

11. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    This episode was just so awesome,has to be my favorite episode hand down for now.
    I've been waiting for Tarkin to pop up since the pilot mentioned his name a number of times, and boy did I enjoy him chewing everyone out, also I got way too much feels with this episode with Aresko's and Grint's executions(I was like "Whoa, That Escalated Quickly"), and Kanan's surrender and the sadness in the crew of the Ghost eyes.

12. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    With the Ghost crew breaking the Empire's propaganda web on Lothal, I don't see a happy ending for this planet. It's probably going to get Base Delta Zero'd.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  13. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    Wow...incredibly awesome episode. As this season goes on, I have to say that I really like that it's one big story which has been building and building on itself. In the beginning I know many of us were expecting story arcs like TCW - that made sense for that show because it was a huge story that was spread out across tons of characters and worlds. With Rebels focusing on this one group the entire show is one big story arc which has been given time to develop. Even some of my least favorite episodes served important purposes with character development and filling in some backstory, so then in major plot episodes like this one you CARE about the characters and their relationships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I loved the episode and the Movie character appearance made sense this time I really think Lothal is getting DBZ

15. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    I'm so jealous right now of basically anyone that has watched it :p I freaked the hell out when I saw Tarkin in the commercial. And just hearing about the execution of the two morons know as officers, dang this show is gonna get dark. That scene seems almost as bad as the one in TCW were Savage throws his saber and it decapitates the Black Sun leaders (episode is called Eminence btw). God I just wished the XD app supported DirectTV. Are you able to watch it on the website?

ScorpionJedi likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Yes you can watch it on the website.

17. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    You don't need to make an account or anything do you? I despise making accounts for stuff like that, I personally think the episodes should just be on Starwars.com just like TCW was.. Anyways thanks :D

18. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
    Now that was an episode! This is the way Rebels should be more like! :D I loved it when Tarkin berated everybody for being so slow and inactive, I guess to me it was a meta-joke lol. And wow I loved that cliffhanger. Finally stuff is happening!!! So happy! The way I see it:
    I guess one route they'll take and which I hope is that the people will rise up and try to protest against the Empire, the group uses the distraction to rescue Kanan but not before running to resistance. Then help comes in the form of other insurgents from different systems all led by Bail or Leia Organa! They rescue the others but then the Empire launches a Base Delta Zero.
    And then we see: "To be continued..."

Actually it's online everywhere else. I just watched it somewhere else, just google it and you'll find it :)

cdgodin, CoolyFett and Darth Zannah like this.
  19. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    In episode IV, Tarkin says to Vader that he is the last of his kind, and that it is impossible for Kenobi to have survived. So...

since he's met Kanan to be a Jedi and says Vader is the last one... RIP Kanan.

20. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Now this was a really good episode. I thought the show went off track a bit since it has come back since Holiday break but this definitely put it back on track.

Stanton was flawless as ruthless Tarkin, his Tarkin in TCW was good but this was magnificent on all levels. I guess I'm more used to Tarkin like this but he just nailed it because Tarkin carried the episode here.

With Tarkin making everyone his lackey though and probably sticking around until the finale, I don't think things will end up well for Lothal or the people.

"You can have it good or you can have it fast."

Really pushing it with the innuendo there Rebels writing team. [face_laugh]

cwustudent likes this.
  21. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    Maybe he fakes it? No way Disney wants to kill them off so quickly. I bet Kanan and Ezra go into hiding.

22. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    He also says here that it's impossible for Kanan to be a Jedi, because there are no more Jedi. The Empire wiped them out. How could you even say any differently? Haven't you read the Imperial-issued history book?

23. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    You're living in fairy land if you think Kanan is going to survive this series.

Erza has a chance but Kanan has no shot.

CoolyFett and jabberwalkie like this.
  24. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's been pretty well confirmed that he survives into next season, though.

25. ScorpionJedi

Jun 19, 2013
    Hail Organa's rebellion?
    I think it's because Freddy Prinze Jr. was the one who said he spent hours upon hours of studio recording? Therefore Kanan survives because it's the will of Disney The Force.