main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga After Vader & Palps, who is the third biggest villain?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Dartht Punk, Jul 18, 2014.

1. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    After Vader & Palps, who is the third biggest villain?
    I'd say Tarkin, even though he only gets 1.1 movies....the dude destroys a planet.

Dooku.... Dooku tries and fails to kill a Senator, and is the biggest pawn in the war. Plus, as much as he is considered and classified as a Sith, I don't see him being truly evil. I think he lost it when Qui Gon was killed, saw that there was a certain level of corruption in the Jedi Order/ The Republic, and thought joining The Sith and Seperatists was the best way to correct the galaxy. He's cunning and he's powerful, but we don't see him committing genocide like Tarkin and Vader...

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    He helped Sidious start a war that killed thousands or millions.

3. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Which still lead back to Sidious's wishes. The Emporer wasn't the one who signed Alderaan's death certificate, that was all Tarkin.

Side note: Even the Seperatist's army is droids, where as the Republic responds by sending humans (granted, they are clones, but they are still human) to go off and die even though they could've easily had droids fight back. Seems alittle inhumane when compared to Dooku's side.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm not sure they could have had droids fight back.

Do they have a droid army? Not that I know of. I thought the Republic itself didn't have a standing military before the clones showed up? Maybe they could have conscripted local droid armies from planets still loyal...but I doubt they existed in the numbers required, or that they existed at all.

We know the Separatists have a massive droid army donated from multiple sources.

I'm not sure how the Republic is supposed to whip together a droid army fast enough and large enough to compete with the massive droid army the Separatists already had.

The sudden appearance of a significant clone army was quite a miracle.

But I agree that if the Republic had a droid army available (which I don't think they did), that would have been a better choice.

5. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I see it coming down to a Dooku vs Tarkin thread. I view it like this. Every ship had its own leader. I think Tarkin was the leader of the Deathstar and Vader was only there to recover the DS plans. Vader was basically visiting, it never seemed he was stationed there. Dooku was the leader of several systems. Tarkin was only the leader of an Imperial battlestation, plus Alderaan never seemed that populated.

6. Darthman1992

Darthman1992 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2011
    Count Dooku probably. (Though I found it to be a close call between him and Tarkin)

7. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015

Hummmm...I prefer Maul. He is so viasually bad ass, all tattooed with that double ligthsaber.

Marco1907 likes this.
  8. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
  9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    In the new canon, Tarkin governs the entire outer rim.

10. PapiNacho

PapiNacho Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 14, 2015
  11. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Why are you telling me this and what does this have to do with what I saw on my DVDs?

12. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    You're welcome to stick solely to the movies.

But I don't know where in the movies it said he only controlled the Death Star.

CoolyFett likes this.
  13. Cyreides

Cyreides Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 19, 2014
    I wish it was Maul, but probably Dooku, then Maul.

14. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    Umm, I thought Tarkin more less was in charge of most of the Outer Rim, in the "old EU" also, which is why the title of Grand Moff has more or less been the equivalent of a Military Governorship??

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  15. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
  16. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    True, Grand Moff implies that he rules over more than just the Death Star.

17. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    I would say Dooku since he was the leader of an entire fraction in Star Wars. After him it would be a tie between Nute Gunray and Jabba the Hutt.

18. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    Gungans.......

19. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    No he wasn't, Darth Sidious was.

20. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    Am I the only here that finds it hilarious how this thread has turned into basically Tarkin vs Dooku, especially given the actors of the two? But this may be a result of my love of old school British Horror.:D

21. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Dooku and Tarkin, like most seem to think. I think George made a conscious decision in making their characters and roles very similar, with the exception of Dooku being a Force-user.

22. Darth Schlotkin

Darth Schlotkin Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 6, 2015
    And now i sense that eventually, sometime during this thread's life, someone is bound to say ''George Lucas''......I have forseen this...:cool:[face_laugh]

23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    [face_plain] You just did.

24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I think Tarkin was this in the Original Trilogy, and maybe Dooku in the Prequels. In TCW, it's definitely Maul.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  25. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009

Already been done twice. Drop it with the the snotty remarks and baiting all over the place, OK?