main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Rebels 1.13 - Call to Action - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 30, 2015.

1. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Ah, Tarkin. Another TCW character arc I badly wanted to see through.

2. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    I hope they have Tarkin reappear every so often(at least once a season), if they remain on the Outer Rim for the most part, he could make for a good series "Big Bad", given that the Outer Rim for the most part is his jurisdiction as Grand Moff of the Oversector Outer.

kubricklynch likes this.
  3. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    I enjoyed the episode. I'm fairly certain
    that something major will happen to Lothal. I think that Zare conveniently transferring to Arkanis the episode before was done to save him from any potential destruction. Then again, I was very wrong about Trayvis/Fulcrum, I could be wrong about this.

4. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Clumsy that was my thought about blowing up the transmission tower.

This is Tarkin after all, unless he wanted that transmission to happen... maybe next episode we learn why.

But shouldn't there be another way in?

The Clone Wars episode that introduced Five & co showed there are other exits so why wasn't they ready all it took was stun Kanan then order the Inquisitor to cut the door open or the Storm Troopers blow through the door and then rush in or drop a droid popper to temporarily disable the com long enough to figure out what they did.

So I hope they show this is the case and Tarkin mentioning other rebel cells means he knows about Fulcrum and this is about Fulcrum not the Rebels themselves so I figure this may give the space to rescue Kanan and maybe infuriate Tarkin... okay he takes that step we're all thinking about... either Tarkintown or Lothal maybe in a fortnight we'll know more.

5. WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 27, 2014
    Really great episode. Have to congratulate Stephen Stanton on a brilliant performance as Tarkin as well.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  6. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    My thoughts on the episode (which I watched the other day):

It was a very good episode. It's great to have Tarkin back (once again very well voiced by Stanton) and he made the episode with his authoritative presence & how he took charge and actually was one step ahead of the Ghost crew, being quite effective and actually won a small victory (and as for the execution of Aresko and Grint, which understandably has been mentioned several times already, it really shows that he means business and has no tolerance for incompetence).

I really liked the story itself about the crew and their plan to hijack the Imperial radio tower to send their own messages and the way Tarkin used the knowledge of this to lure them into a trap, which led to the gang both losing (Kanan being captured by Tarkin) and winning (Ezra getting his message to the public out) & leaving the door open for the direct continuation which I'm really looking forward to, but for now, we'll have to endure another week-long break in the show's schedule; typical.

V-2 likes this.
  7. Hatleking

Hatleking Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2015
    Hey! Just signed up. I was very disappointed with the canceling of TCW and also sceptical at first towards Rebels. But I must really say that they have stepped up and this season is very interesting.

Tarkin is showing his authority, something which is great. Perhaps Tarkin already knows of something that's going to happen to Lothal and thus the destruction of the Communications Tower is something that doesn't really matter as perhaps much more will be obliterated soon? Tarkin is cynical and it wouldn't 'surprise' me.

8. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Looks like this is the best episode of the season (or at least in several weeks) by reading the reviews and thoughts on here. Very excited for tomorrow.

9. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Definitely in my top 3. I might just go and watch it again...

10. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Best episode yet. I love this show.

11. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Only one thought ran through my head this whole episode...

Tarkin is one BAMF

9/10

cdgodin and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  12. EternalHero

EternalHero Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2014
    The best episode so far and Rebels is finally going somewhere. Hopefully Kanan doesn't get rescued by the end of the next episode and they really start building a strong narrative from this point on. But overall the strongest story, best writing and most memorable incidents so far. I do miss the old CW days when we'd have seen at least part of the beheading, sigh . . .

13. WampaSwamp

WampaSwamp Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 27, 2011

Maybe in the blu-ray we'll see the uncensored, smoldering stumps of Aresko and Grint's necks?

thejeditraitor likes this.
  14. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    If you watch frame by frame you can see their facial expressions right when the blade hits the back of their necks.

[​IMG]

15. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So I just realized with my cable subscription I have access to something called TV Everywhere which allows me to log in to Disney XD to view the episode(s) early. This was the first episode I've watched and I was very confused that the episode started with a hologram of Ezra. I thought it was part of the episode and would be referenced later. I didn't realize until I put on 2 other episodes that it's the intro on all the videos on the site. Did this happen to anyone else?

16. vahdude

vahdude Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2014
    Yeah, they're all like that when you watch Rebels episodes on WATCH Disney XD. Not sure why, though, wondered that myself.

V-2 and TiniTinyTony like this.
  17. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I think it's got to be a massive spoiler, or massive red herring. It's annoying either way.

18. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    YOU PASSED THE FIRST TEST!!!

cdgodin, TiniTinyTony and vahdude like this.
  19. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    To be fair Aresko and Grint's executions probably would have been handled the same way if they had been killed off in the Clone Wars. I know that TCW had on screen beheadings but they were usually done to helmeted/faceless (Clones, Death Watch) characters. Yes there was Pre Vizsla's death but even that was mostly blocked out. Plus we all know that his headless body was cut from the TV version. Ditto for the Black Sun characters that Savage killed.

Actually using a "gory discretion shot" made their deaths more dramatic because it gave us a chance to see how disturbed Maketh Tua and Kallus were over it.

Next I would like to say that it is totally awesome that Stephen Stanton has posted here. Keep up the good work Mr. Stanton. :D

Anyways best episode of Rebels yet. I loved how brutal Tarkin was in this. The animation and pacing has improved too. Really looking forward to the next episode.

cdgodin, V-2, Antlers and 1 other person like this.
  20. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

If you're not sure how your radio tower was hacked - AND stopping that Rebel transmission IMMEDIATELY is vitally important to you... you launch a $h*+ load of missiles at it and worry about everything else later.

V-2, pepoluan and Cynda like this.
  21. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Aresko is reaction image worthy right there.

22. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Wow, I'm very pleased with this episode. I'm not too crazy for Rebels but tonight's episode was great! It was good to see Tarkin, and the duel between Kanan and Inquisitor was awesome. Can't wait for the next episode. But we have to wait two weeks :(

23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Man Stephen Stanton was more than brilliant, he was awesome. Hearing his voice was like hearing Peter Cushing. Man the characters portrayal was on spot. Tarkin is a ruthless military commander and it was shown in the Tarkin novel and now this episode. Guys if you didn't read that book you should and its canon so everything in that aspect counts. Seeing ANH, the episodes of TCW were Tarkin is in it plus the Rebels episode and the novel,; I'm, seeing a tremendous amount of consistency with the character. Episode is one of the best one's yet I give it a 10/10 on the other thread, but in reality its a 12/10. In fact, I'm going now to watch ANH again.

24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Sorry for the second post, could have edited the first one, but when does the next episode come out and how many are left? I know that the movie was two episodes, and this season so far with this last one is 11, bringing the total to 13. Don't know of they are counting the shorts (4 parter) as an episode cause that will put it at 14, meaning that we have only two more left. Does anyone know any of this stuff? By the way while we are at it, does anyone actually know how episodes season 2 will have by any chance?

25. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    I know, Stanton's Tarkin is awesome, the way he does it, it's as if they locked Cushing's voice in a can and put it in storage.

vong333 likes this.