main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Celebration: What Do You Hope/Expect To See

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by hippie1kenobi, Feb 18, 2015.

1. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    All official info from the Celebration website: Carrie Fisher and Anthony Daniels will be there. More specifically to TFA (hopefully), Kathleen Kemmedy and JJ Abrams "are scheduled to kick off the show in a big way".

What TFA reveals do you think they might have on hand?

I expect a teaser poster and hope there will be a trailer and/or brief scene. It still seems early for detailed character info or much plot information.

Do you think they will hold back some stuff for D23?

EHT likes this.
  2. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I think the JJ/Kathleen Kennedy event will come with new footage of some kind - probably a trailer, maybe even a shorter scene from the film. Given that we know there'll be a new trailer attached to Avengers on May 1, I don't think it's out of the question for there to be an exclusive Celebration screening of that trailer on April 16 - that's just a couple of weeks out from when it'd be dropping anyway.

A poster definitely makes sense - imagine how many they'll sell!

I still think there are some big guns yet to be announced, and that Carrie Fisher is a clue. From what I understand, there's generally a really big, main panel event on Saturdays, and since JJ/Kathleen is on Thursday, I think this'll likely be cast members from The Force Awakens, both new and old. I doubt they'll get Harrison there, but I could see them announcing in the next couple of weeks that Mark Hamill and some of the newer cast members (Daisy Ridley, John Boyega) will be there.

I officially booked my flight last night, so this is all starting to feel real!

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  3. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    I'm hoping to see some TFA merchandise on the expo floor but I think those sorts of things are more likely to be revealed at SDCC (even if the film itself doesn't have a panel). Maybe ReedPop will sell some kind of TFA preview shirt or something in the convention store.

DarthWilliams likes this.
  4. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I have a Jedi Master ticket that I'm not going to be able to use, so honestly, I hope it's a big disappointment so I don't feel left out. :p:_|

Forbidden Island likes this.
  5. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    I was sad to hear that Hasbro won't have a Celebration exclusive, but I have my fingers crossed they'll at least have some TFA merch on display. Can't see the harm in displaying Boyega's character in Stormtrooper uniform or Oscar Isaac as an X-Wing pilot since we've already seen those characters via a trailer.

Dewback likes this.
  6. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    Can I have it?

I agree. Showing us the stuff from the trailer wouldn't be that risky for them. I just think we're more likely to see that sort of thing at SDCC since it's only two months from release and that is where those big companies go to promote their stuff to the general consumer market, as opposed to Toy Fair.

7. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    I really want a poster. I know, a trailer or footage might be more interesting, but I want something tangible so I know this is really happening. As the kids on their internets say, "Cease speaking and accept my legal tender".

Besides, the giant Dalek hidden on the back of my office door is getting old and needs a replacement.

8. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Tim Rose aka Admiral Ackbar shall be there!
    Altogether now..."It's a ..."

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Oh wait, wrong one
    [​IMG]
    :p

10. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Ugh does this mean I have to wear my Ackbar costume now?

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]

12. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Well, you wanna come down to Vegas to pick it up and cover the $900 I spent on it plus extra expenses for my depression at missing the event?

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes.

Flapjack4 and TigerCraneFist like this.
  14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Dude... you just ruined Celebration for everyone in this forum. Half the fun of paying for plane tickets, hotels and overpriced conventions is trying to guess whether there will be any actual guests there once we are already financially committed.

DarthWilliams, EHT and hippie1kenobi like this.
  16. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    The background in that picture is odd. I'm not even being cheeky about any earlier rumors...I just can't make out what it is supposed to be.

17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007

The other confirmed guests so far were already listed in the first post of the thread. I thought about that. :p

18. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    Sure, blame the noob. ;-)

19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Nahh... I told you this thread was a good idea. :D

20. hippie1kenobi

Apr 28, 2002
    Once Fisher was accounced, it seemed only a matter of time that Hammil would be. Ford still seems unlikley, though.

Even if he doesn't like cons, wouldn't he enjoy pointing his trademaked angry finger at all the geeks?

EHT likes this.
  21. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    Ford does cons. I've seen him at two. Star Wars is the key factor. One would hope he'd come to this since he's apparently warmed up to the idea of being Solo again.

hippie1kenobi likes this.
  22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  23. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    Ma
    But that intern really needs the college credit.

Forbidden Island likes this.
  24. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    You mean his green lightsaber wasn't actually furry?

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  25. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I wonder what the "start-off in a big way" will be? If it's something that is making it take the title of "day long remembered," it would have to be something big.

Of course I'm hoping it'll be a TFA trailer. Heck, I'd settle for a teaser poster even! SOMETHING TFA related hopefully...I will literally laugh if it's just some new game trailer, preview for Rebels season 2, or a new app or something.

I'd think it's safe to say that TFA will have a big presence there-considering Hamill and Fisher will be there, it just makes sense.

I can't go, so I hope whatever this big kickoff thing turns out to be isn't exclusively for Celebration attendees...