main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Mick’s notes , DDC 2015 completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2015.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: Mick’s notes
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: Saga
    Character: Mick Kerebuy
    Genre: diary
    Summary: Mick Kerebuy writes a diary (begins shortly before the clone wars)
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

Mick’s notes
    Entry 1
    Uh I am not much of a writer but I have to do this.
    Doctor Froman insisted.
    Yeah he is my shrink.

Uh I am Mick Kerebuy and 29 years old and a doctor in the New Holstice grand hospital. I had terrible dreams, was tossing and turning in my bed when my brother Jim came in. He is – like me – a Dunai, 26 years old, a doctor and also gifted with feeling things. Jim hauled my sorry unwilling body to Froman’s treatment room after I was turning my bedding in a tangle of rumpled and torn sheets.

Why did I have those nightmares?

They began five days ago on melona 25. I had been treating a badly injured fire-fighter and went to my home. There I went to bed after making something for dinner and sleep came easily. And the dreams. The injured fire-fighter had me remembering my parents. I will tell you about them.

I was three years old when I became an orphan. My parents were professional fire-fighters serving the New Holstice fire-department in firehouse 5. I was in the crèche with my baby-brother Jim that fateful day when some uneasy feeling had me toddling towards the room of the caretakers. I was standing in the doorpost and saw all on the holotube.

Firehouse 5 was called to an accident. Children and their teacher were trapped in a burning schoolbuilding. My dad was the first to go inside with his mate and mom was on the second team that went searching for survivors in the school. They found the children and were able to get them out. But a teacher was missing some children. Three teams and a commander went back inside the school. I saw the building becoming engulfed in flames. Seven fire-fighters died that day. All children and teachers were saved. Investigations revealed that the missing children had escaped and had gone to their homes.
    Jim and I were sent to an orphanage that day.

I have to go.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow, riveting and poignant start. Mick's memories are intense. I am happy all were saved that needed rescuing that long ago time. @};-

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You have a lot of Force sensitive people in your stories being tortured by nightmares.

[face_nail_biting]

Wait, I am not Force sensitive.

;):p

A promising beginning. [face_good_luck]

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And Mick is suffering now
    You will see more

Entry 2

To go was going to see Froman. He read my first entry and was humming a lot before giving me some advice. Tell more about your parents.
    Huh, sound advice.

I was three years old when I lost my parents.
    Parents were just big ones giving you food, tucking you in and telling a nice bed-time and put little Mick asleep story. Ah yes and dad played with me and mom let me have a go at the bowl with batter after I discovered that batter was preferred above that what came after baking whatever was the finished stuff. But that almost always ended with me in the tub and being scrubbed clean.

I was three when my parents decided to move to New Holstice. They should have stayed on Bor-Rhimmol giving Jim and me a nice living in that nice and quiet little farmers community with only Dunai as neighbours. Dad was a farmer and quite famous breeding for Nerfs. He had been a farmer on Moniron.

But mom was the one to persuade him to get a larger farm on Bor-Rhimmol and eventually a living in one of the cities. She joined a girls-club soon after I was born. I remember those women encouraging me with funny sounds to get on my feet. I was three when mom took me again to her club. There she saw on the holotube New Holstice and the beauty of that planet. One item was the fire-department asking for new members. And mom – being like dad a volunteer firefighter in our village and quite eager to become a pro fire-fighter – persuaded him to react. The New Holstice fire-department had day-care for babies and toddlers. She wanted a good education for me and the one – Jim – she was pregnant with. She didn’t like farming that much.
    My parents were accepted in the New Holstice fire-department and joined the crew of Firehouse 5.

I sure liked the day-care. Dad and mostly mom – she had administrative duty after she told the chief that she was pregnant – showed me what happened in the fire-house.
    Jim was born 135 days after we settled in a new rental apartment.

Mom resumed her full duty as a fire-fighter and she was real good and headed for command position.
    Disaster happened and that had Jim – 104 days old – and me on New Holstice in the orphanage.
    We didn’t stay very long in the orphanage.
    I have to stop, Jim is coming.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Liked learning more. Looking forward to meeting Jim. :)

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Me, too. Jim should be fun when you write him.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Jim is in the next entry but Mick is writing

Entry 3

Jim read my diary and asked me to write about our adoption. He has – like me – very fond memories. We couldn’t have gotten better foster parents.
    We stayed 10 days in the orphanage.
    Yup, adoption came very soon after our arrival in the orphanage.

Jim had a rash and the caretakers sent for a doctor.
    That was Steve Wethrin and he – married to Jenna and both unable to get children after a lot of medical exams and tries – got things in motion. He went to get medicines for Jim and came back with his wife.
    Jenna introduced herself and – having the same name as my mother – was immediately very familiar and loved by Jim and me.

Steve and Jenna became our foster-parents and were very soon named dad and mom by us when we were young. As adolescents we called them again Steve and Jenna. They gave us all the loving care. We were wanted children to them.
    I love them.

Steve and Jenna being surgeons led Jim and me on a path to become doctors.
    I was four when I discovered that a plastform syringe given to me by mom could be a toy.
    Jim discovered the mischief soon after I wetted him. He had one given by dad to wet me.
    Blue synthrubber gloves were fun too. They could be filled with water or air.
    Those toys led to questions asked about their real use.

From syringes and gloves came more in the form of books about the human body and models of body-parts.

Syringes and gloves are still used by me to distract and soothe the little patients. I am mainly a children’s surgeon. Steve was a loved children’s doctor and Jenna helped him when she could get away from her teaching at the hospital.

I was seven when I found a little injured bird in our garden. Dad treating the broken wing had me wanting to learn the same. I helped keeping the bird unaware of the ministrations of dad. I could do that quite easily and discovered that all Dunai elder have those powers. That was after dad gave me the big durasteel box with my father’s belongings and after exploring the contents. Books and stuff about Dunai elder were fascinating to me. The box has travelled with me to wherever I set up home.

I was nine when I could give comfort to Kelly, one of my schoolmates. She had injured her knee falling from a rope during the sports-lesson. Our teacher contacted the medics. They came and praised me for keeping Kelly comfortable.
    My teachers encouraged me to learn more about first aid and the healing art. Jim and I entered New Holstice medical university in the same year because Jim could skip classes in high school.

I have to go. Shrink time again.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Liked that a lot, more about family life and learning to nurture. :)

9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I was seven when I found a little injured bird in our garden. Dad treating the broken wing had me wanting to learn the same. I helped keeping the bird unaware of the ministrations of dad. I could do that quite easily and discovered that all Dunai elder have those powers. That was after dad gave me the big durasteel box with my father’s belongings and after exploring the contents. Books and stuff about Dunai elder were fascinating to me. The box has travelled with me to wherever I set up home.

Another coincidence, right? :p

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And more is coming
    Yes

Entry 4

Doctor Froman read my stuff and was impressed.
    He asked me to show a picture of the memorial for our parents.
    I didn’t have one and couldn’t ask Steve and Jenna. They live now on Lingala. I will write more about them but first I had to answer Froman’s question because it intrigued me too.
    And something nice happened last night.

Yesterday I went to the archives in the government-building and found out more about the dreadful day and what came after that. I have been to the place and saw the memorial for the seven fire-fighters.
    On New Holstice memorials are made consisting of a transparisteel cylinder with memory-moths inside. I saw the seven memory-moths and the seven stones covering the graves.

Seven fire-fighters died on melona 25 and only five corpses were discovered in the rubble of the collapsed school.
    No DNA could be found from my parents. What was left of their gear was there. That gear was placed in a coffin and was buried the day after. Did they vanish into thin air?

No. I had another dream this night and it ended very nice. Dad was there in my dream. I don’t know why he came now but he must have had his reasons.
    He told me to be careful and remember what I have learned from his books and notes. And mom was there giving me comfort. They must have become one with the eternity.
    Mom and dad had learned the way of the Dunai elder. Now those last chapters in a book read by me years ago made sense.

Jim and I had already learned from the book how to shield when something real bad was happening. We are doctors and cannot save everyone and have to be able to function.
    Dunai elder can feel real bad or even lose consciousness when they don’t shield when a being is in distress or dies.

This morning I took the book from the box and read again those puzzling chapters in the end of the book. Sure I read the book when I discovered it but some was just weird for me.
    Jim didn’t read those last chapters at all. He will read now these last chapters.

And today I discovered more in the archives. The government had the files dealing with the jobs of mom and dad secured in their vault. In the two Kerebuy files I found datapads with texts in the Dunai elder language.
    I could take the datapads home because the archivist had no use for them and didn’t want to store them permanently. I began to translate the words using another book from the box.
    Now I know more about my ancestry.
    Mom was a Dunai elder and educated as a fire-fighter in the famous Monir fire-fighting school.
    One of dad’s ancestors married a human woman. And that being almost 16.000 years ago makes my genes more than 99% Dunai elder.
    My father was born on the continent of Aarga on Moniron and has a twin brother named Dick. He travelled after marrying my mother Jenna to the colony world Bor-Rhimmol where I was born.
    A copy of my birth-certificate was in the files and I could take it home too. Jim has his copy.

No parents and no relatives on Bor-Rhimmol and only relatives on Moniron had us going to the orphanage.
    Couldn’t we be sent to Moniron?

No, digging more in the government archives revealed that my parents had no insurance. And the authorities decided – despite some urging from the Fire-chief – that Moniron – being a difficult planet to travel to because of an engine-wrecking nebula – was a no for my brother and me. It was simply stated too expensive to get three tickets (one return for the person accompanying us) for a transport going to Moniron.

Steve and Jenna let us keep our surname Kerebuy. One day that name will lead Jim and me to the planet of our ancestors. I hope to meet my dad’s twin. I only have to…

Sith-I-5 and AzureAngel2 like this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantastic discoveries! Intriguing break there. [face_thinking]

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    No parents and no relatives on Bor-Rhimmol and only relatives on Moniron had us going to the orphanage.
    Couldn’t we be sent to Moniron?

No, digging more in the government archives revealed that my parents had no insurance. And the authorities decided – despite some urging from the Fire-chief – that Moniron – being a difficult planet to travel to because of an engine-wrecking nebula – was a no for my brother and me. It was simply stated too expensive to get three tickets (one return for the person accompanying us) for a transport going to Moniron.

The past is always a dangerous place to visit.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and leading to interesting things
    not always

Entry 5
    That was an emergency. I had medevac duty yesterday.
    Yes medevac duty and it had me flying the medevac to a traffic accident. I am a pilot too.

First I will write about our graduation and becoming doctors.
    Jim and I both graduated on the same day. Steve and Jenna were there. Jenna announced her retirement. She had been a teacher and surgeon for 45 years.
    And a year later Steve retired and went with Jenna to the planet Lingala.
    Steve and Jenna had visited Lingala travelling with the d-Lorrion family to go to a medical seminar. They fell immediately in love with the unspoiled nature there.
    I have never been there but I will plan my next trip to visit them. Maybe I can buy a cheap transport enabling me to go to Lingala and Moniron. I have my full licence as a pilot.

Nick Jamesor was at our graduation for a different reason. He had set Jim and me on a second path and was there to give us our pilot’s licence.
    He was our first aid teacher and a medevac pilot. He took the class one day to the Emergency Response Unit of the city. Jim and I became very interested. We were soon taking lessons to become pilots. Wanting to become medevac pilots had us going to the advanced military training of fighter-pilots. A medevac pilot on New-Holstice needs almost the same skills. And more as Jim and more medevac-pilots are always telling.

Our training-craft was the Sabre-starfighter without the weapons. I didn’t like fighting that much but Jim did and he was soon the better pilot. He loves the Sabre-starfighter. The fighter was developed on Kuat and bought by the government for general use. It has a sturdy design, shields, and an eject-seat and is fast. I know about it being fast. I have been using it to transport donated organs from one hospital to another.

We both graduated as medevac pilots on the same day as we got our doctor’s license.

Being a medevac pilot you have to continue your training. And that had us joining the club of Jason Beeler. He is a technician in the hospital, keeps among many things the medevacs in excellent condition and is with one great hobby besides his work and that’s flying a Sabre-starfighter. He is a rather short and rotund human with an irresistible tendency to prank and play. He is loved by all and could persuade almost all medevac pilots to join his club. We are almost as good as those fighter pilots.

Jason disagrees with me. He tells me that we are as good as fighter pilots and we are their equal in survival training. We have even an advantage. We keep the craft in one piece.
    Yeah, tell me; we have to get the patient travelling with us in the same condition or better to a bed in the hospital. You should hear Jason muttering when you have one scratch on the medevac. And that happens when you have a rescue in a difficult to reach place.

Alan Guyet – a very funny and skilled anesthetist – is one of the best pilots. He is a Dunai and has his family still living on Moniron.

Peter Sloan is the fourth Dunai in the club and it’s a saying among us doctors and nurses ‘beware of Sloan.’ The guy is our great prankster. One example of his pranks is this one. One day I looked funny after using the microscope. Sloan had dyed the black eye-pieces with some black camouflage paint.

I went to doctor Froman today. He read my entries and told me to keep on writing after dismissing me as his patient. ‘Write about your youth and your days at work’ was his advice. And ‘come to me when you need to discuss things bothering you.’ I sure will follow his advice. This diary is really helping me.

During a response with the medevac I discovered that my powers could guide the medevac to difficult to reach places.

I have heard about Jedi and their powers from our director today. He told me that a Jedi healer and two Jedi nurses will come tomorrow to join the staff. Are our powers the same?

Sith-I-5 and AzureAngel2 like this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Interesting and rewarding experiences with the medevac and always good to find mischievous friends. The trip to Lingala will be wonderful. :)

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    45 years as a teacher... long way to go for me. Encouraging update! ;)

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    But with the war[face_worried]

Entry 6

I didn’t meet the Jedi healer or the nurses until today. Jadin was busy treating a child when I passed his treatment room. I went in and helped him.

The Jedi introduced himself as Jedi knight Jadin Finn and asked me to call him Jadin.
    A knight? Is he a warrior?

Jadin told me that he felt the Force flowing very strong through me. ‘You could have been a Jedi too if you had been discovered by us’ was what he said.

Jadin is wearing a strange metal object on his belt. The belt is stuffed with all kinds of gear I have seen carried by fighter-pilots during our survival-training. Some of the gear is quite advanced and must have cost a lot of credits.

When duty ended Jim and I were introduced to the nurses Beran Daranon and Skon Peverin. We accompanied them to the student-wing of the hospital and to the dorm.
    Passing one of the hangars – new additions to the hospital and near the student-dorms – Jadin stopped and pointed at his Delta 7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor. By the way Jim was thrilled when he saw the fighter.
    To me it looks like a fat Sabre-starfighter.

Jim beamed that ‘fat’ means more power, weapons and probably shielding and hyperdrive ready.
    Jim was told that he could have been a Jedi if he was discovered earlier. He asked at what age Jedi are recruited. Jim – eager to get inside the Jedi-fighter and have a go at the controls –could argue the ears of the Jedi deaf but wasn’t allowed to fly the fighter.

Jadin told us in a very convincing way that Jedi do fly a fighter using the Force and have an astromech just for when things get difficult or the Jedi is disabled. ‘Stay with the Sabre, that craft will keep you safe’ was what he said.
    And to answer Jim’s question Jadin told us about teams searching for Force sensitive children and getting them as babies from their parents. Parents give up their children willingly because the Jedi will give them a great education and future as a guardian of the galaxy.

A great future? Jedi are warriors.
    I am glad no Jedi discovered my brother and me in the orphanage.

I asked Jadin about the strange metal object.

He demonstrated the thing called a lightsaber and had Beran Daranon as his opponent.
    The lightsaber is a kind of weapon and can kill.
    The fight was awesome. Jadin was almost motionless with only his lightsaber a blur of light and Beran was dancing around him, trying to get through the defences.
    After the dance Beran adjusted the power on his lightsaber and sliced through a beam of durasteel as if the durasteel was a piece of flimsyplast.
    Jadin showed me a scar and told me that training-lightsabers are set to non-lethal but will remind the Jedi to be careful. He told me that he had never been in a real fight and that he is kind of worried.
    I asked him why.

He told me that the leader of the healers Vokara Che, a twi’lek, has ordered him to train students and to supervise the set up of new facilities that will be added to the grand New Holstice hospital.

Training students makes sense. Our hospital has many students because we are a teaching facility. I will be training students too after getting my license. But now I know what those construction workers are doing in the place that’s barred with off limit signs. Grand New Holstice hospital will become a place to treat 5000 beings. And what are those hangars and barracks doing there? Why?

I will investigate. Jadin’s fighter was a little speck in the enormous hangar.

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Liked the meeting with Jadin and the investigating.

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    But will he be able to investigate?

Entry 7
    Duty prevented me to investigate but today something frightening happened.

I am writing this in a hospital chair keeping watch over Jadin Finn.

Jadin told me about the uneasy feeling he had this morning and I recognised the same.

I couldn’t get my breakfast passing my mouth.

Jim experienced the same.

We went to the hospital to start our duty. Caf-breaks were ignored and the uneasy feeling was getting stronger until we had to use our shields.
    And before I put up my shields I sensed Jadin in big trouble and rushed to his treatment room and was glad that he wasn’t treating a patient at that time. He was on the floor, a face wet with tears and unconscious.
    Jim – sensing the same – had followed me and we helped Jadin in a hospital bed.

Jim has come and is turning on the holotube. I will write more after watching.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :eek: That is frightening! [face_worried] The news doubtless will be dire!

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I couldn’t get my breakfast passing my mouth.

Jim experienced the same.

I sense trouble ahead...

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    big trouble yes
    sure

Entry 8

‘Who ordered that’ was the first question asked by Jadin when he regained consciousness. Yes Jim turning on the holotube had Jadin opening his eyes and beginning to cry more.

I couldn’t keep my eyes dry and had a lump forming in my throat. There on a red dust-ball called Geonosis were thousands of the same human figures, led by Jedi using those lightsabers, battling against a droid-army led by Geonosians. That was yesterday.
    I have to stop. Duty calls.

- - -

Second entry of the day

I will encrypt this diary after this entry. Jim has great ideas for encryption.
    I have a very uneasy feeling about what’s happening now. And I won’t discuss those feelings with doctor Froman.
    Something is terribly wrong.
    The republic is at war against the separatists. Suddenly the republic has a big and well equipped army. Clones – they are those humans I saw on Geonosis – are used by the republic and the seperatists have a droid-army, as well equipped as the republic army.

On the holotube news I saw Palpatine watching thousands of clones marching to their ships. Was that sad face real? I don’t know. Is the old man hiding something?

The first transports with wounded clones arrived earlier today. Who ordered the breeding of soldiers?
    Those men have feelings. I saw brothers caring for brothers and their faces, all the same but expressing emotions.

Now I know why we need those 5000 extra beds and rooms filled with equipment.
    Now I know why we have a room with 500 bactatanks and several OT’s with abilities to suppress the Force.

New Holstice grand hospital will become the main facility to treat the casualties of the raging war.

Arms dealers will profit and the civilians will suffer. War can lead only to terrible losses.

There were severely wounded Jedi on one of the first transports that landed here.
    One – a young man missing his lower right arm – was stabilized and immediately put on a transport bound for Coruscant and the Jeditemple. A ginger-haired man fussing over him and a girl – looking very familiar – accompanied him. Now I know; she is the senator from Naboo and from the looks to the young man in love with him. The fussing man – wearing dirty clothes – was ignoring his injuries. I could sense his discomfort.

Jadin – able to resume his duties – had a funny smile on his face when he saw the man limping inside the transport. He told me that the Jedi-healers will take care of the stubborn healers’ disaster named Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    ‘And if nothing helps there is healer Aaqu Maerhin and his partner in healing Kaagi Adin’ were Jadin’s words.

I asked Jadin about the obvious friendship between the senator and the young man.

Jadin replied that Jedi aren’t allowed to marry with the exeption being Corellian Jedi. But he had – like me – his doubts about Skywalker and Amidala. ‘That friendship is running deep’ were Jadin’s words.

Encrypting OXY 99 BP 122 STAT

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb reflections and crucial developments. =D=

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Jadin replied that Jedi aren’t allowed to marry with the exeption being Corellian Jedi. But he had – like me – his doubts about Skywalker and Amidala. ‘That friendship is running deep’ were Jadin’s words.

Wow for weaving THAT into your story! :D

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    For him and more
    Dunai elder can sense more;)

Entry 9
    Entering code SAT 98 BP 78 CRASH

Yes it’s working. Jim was right. Medical terms can be used to encrypt my diary. We can use those terms if something serious and secret has to be discussed.

Jadin told me that the stubborn healers’ disaster arrived safely in the Jeditemple and is now under the care of Luminara Unduli in the Old Folks home.
    That was said with a smile when Jadin saw my puzzled expression. He explained that some Jedi call the Jeditemple on Coruscant the Old Folks home. But the only place deserving that name is the place where old Jedi unable to do their usual duties live. They are revered and asked for advice.

We had pilot-training today and were thrilled when Jadin joined us with his Delta 7 Aethersprite-class light interceptor. He demonstrated the craft and told us that a hyperdrive ring is waiting for the craft if he has to go to another planet.

After the training he introduced us to three clones, already having a nickname. Of course and we agree with him. Names like AMC78256, AMC78645 and AMC78389 are just numbers. They are men with different personalities. The first one goes now by the name Stat after giving that comment after each part of a procedure recorded by Jadin Finn. The second is Meds who toppled an equipment-cart. Beran shouted ‘Meds’ to him. The third one Bandaid was getting his name after plastering the medicine bottles to the cart with bandaids.
    The three are funny guys.

And some not funny beings arrived today. They are the Kaminoan breeder doctors to take care of wounded clones. Why don’t I like those long-necks?
    Jim expressed it. ‘They have no feelings. That way they can breed battlefield fodder.’

Encrypting hemo 7.8

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Cool encryption scheme there. Like the three clones, with their nicknames and funny mischief.