main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hera

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Why_So_Serious, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    If anything, I'd say it was Threepio and Artoo that saved them.. And they wouldn't have needed saving if it wasn't for Leia leading them to a worse situation, inadvertently or not.

Anyway, the incident showed that Leia could get egg on her face, which I thought was a good thing. I'd welcome something like that happening with Hera.

2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Except she DIDN'T get "egg on her face." Not at all.

3. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Leading them all to a worse situation that nearly got them eaten and crushed to death sounds like egg on the face to me..

4. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    A nice quote about Hera's character from Dave Filoni. ;)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    So you're basically saying Hera is Ahsoka Tano after a Star Wars era version of a complete Identity change?

I'd rather she'd be revealed as Fulcrum thank you... Hera I mean!:(

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I love Hera and can't stand Ahsoka so I'm really not seeing it.

7. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    I wouldn't call the situation worse. Maybe just as bad. You don't have lasers shooting at you, and you had more of a chance surviving because C-3P0 could actually do something to help you.

8. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014

I like Hera, but I also find her annoying. She's the "mom" of the group, and that leads to some situations I'm not a fan of. Like her thing with Sabine, she has the "Shut up and do as I say" mentality with her. To me, that's a pretty crappy attitude to have as the leader of the group, especially towards someone who risks their life every mission and is usually the better fighter out of everyone else. That's a good way to get someone to betray you/sell you out to the Empire. Stop being a ***** Hera.

9. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Do you mean in Out of Darkness? She was telling Sabine off because she wanted to protect her. If Sabine found out about all this information that had to be protected and kept secret because it could cost lives ect and was captured by the Empire; she could reveal what she knows and put everyone in danger; especially herself, because the Empire would keep trying to keep getting more information out of her. Hera was doing what was best for the crew and Sabine. She cares about them a lot, even if she can be a bit harsh.

And she and Sabine get along well together. She even had her hand on her shoulder in the last episode and looked like she was teaching her on how to ride a speeder. (This was in the background before Lando arrived). Parents and children disagree sometimes, but that doesn't mean they don't care about each other.

10. HayaMika

HayaMika Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 14, 2015
    Personally, Hera is the kind of character I'd look up to. She's sweet and kind-hearted, but at the same time is not afraid to fight for what she believes and sticks to her beliefs even if theres a force pushing her back. I really wish I could be that brave.

(Sidenote, anyone else wish there was more merchandizing of Hera? About all I can find is a few stickers in the sticker books, the Subway bag, one figurine that hasn't even hit the shelves in my area and a card in one of the valentines day card packs...)

11. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    As far as I'm concerned, she's probably one of my favorite members of the crew. Compared to everyone else on the Ghost, she's probably the least dysfunctional member of the crew (though Season 2 might reveal some hidden trauma; after all, she's old enough to remember the Battle of Ryloth and she's the one who started the crew).

Psychological analysis of the Ghost crew.
    - Ezra has abandonment issues.
    - Sabine has trust issues.
    - Kanan has doubts about his capability as a teacher due to not making to knighthood when the Purge happened.
    - Zeb is quick anger, has a seething hatred for Agent Sideburns Kallus, and despite being chronologically the oldest biological member of the crew, he acts like a child occassionally (hinting that he may actually be an adolescent by his species standards and that the Lasat Honor Guard is made up of possible child soldiers).
    - Chopper is stated to have been rebuilt several times and developed a cynical outlook on life to the point of becoming a troll (and may or may not actually be HK-47 reincarnated as an astromech).
    - Hera has had to deal with a few other questionable allies (such as a conspiracy theorist that never thinks things through) and possibly whatever happened to Uncle Cham.

In other words, she's probably the most sane person on the crew next to Kanan and Sabine.

12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Sabine doesn't have trust issues. She just doesn't blindly trust some mystery person, which makes her more normal than the rest of the crew. After all, it is her life that's on the line.

Also, a lot of what you just listed are "character flaws" and not things that make one "less sane". There's a difference.

Octavian Dibar and Iron_lord like this.
  13. Coocoo for Lekku

Coocoo for Lekku Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 9, 2015
    Gahmah Raan

Mostly agree, although Sabine seems to have it mostly together as well. She's cautious and somewhat aloof, but doesn't strike me as damaged or having issues.

But yeah, even in the novel Hera is a total professional. She's serious, but not humorless. On task, but capable of adapting as the situation changes.

I do wonder if later in Rebels we'll see what's underneath that cool, collected demeanor. It doesn't seem like anyone with purpose gets out from under the Imperial thumb unscathed. That, and if there really is a Hera/Kanan romance going on, he could be achilles heel.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    The look on Hera's face speaks volumes when Fulcrum cuts the transmission out after speaking with her about going into hiding and not rescuing Kanan. She's broken/upset and looks like she's going to cry.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Its sorta sad because so far I am not really interested in any of the characters other then Kanan and Ezra if you don't include AND.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I am far more interested in both Kanan and Hera because of AND than I might be otherwise.

17. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I agree with what other people are saying about Hera in that she doesn't have enough character flaws. She's OP'd in the personality department IMO:p

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I agree what I was saying is if I had not read AND then I would be way less interested in her she is my number 3 on characters.

19. HayaMika

Feb 14, 2015
    So in the new episode of Rebels Recon for "Rebels Resolve" something new was developed about Hera

Cham Syndulla is actually Hera's father?? I read in multiple places that he is her Uncle but it was confirmed in Rebels Recon that he is her father????

20. McRowdy

McRowdy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2010
    Bombs just got dropped man.

CoolyFett and skinneejay like this.
  21. skinneejay

skinneejay Jedi Knight

Aug 18, 2014
    Yea that was a huge bomb. Interesting for sure.

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yep, I was really surprised.

I wonder if she'll ever talk about him? Also; does that mean she saw Jedi as a young girl? Because they did come and help Ryloth and send Clones and everything.

HayaMika likes this.
  23. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they tie it together with her being one of the children from the episode.....

TheSilentInfluence and HayaMika like this.
  24. HayaMika

Feb 14, 2015

didn't she make a comment about it in A New Dawn?

25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I can't remember sorry.