main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph DuckTales (2017)

Discussion in 'Community' started by TiniTinyTony , Feb 25, 2015.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Everything old is new again, including DuckTales! Disney is bringing back the beloved cartoon starring Scoorge McDuck and his grandnephews Huey, Dewey and Louie, and Donald Duck with a new series as part of Disney XD.

"DuckTales has a special place in Disney's TV animation history, it drew its inspiration from Disney Legend Carl Barks' comic books and through its storytelling and artistic showmanship, set an enduring standard for animated entertainment that connects with both kids and adults," Marc Buhaj, senior vice president of programming and the general manager of Disney XD, said in a statement. "Our new series will bring that same energy and adventurous spirit to a new generation."

Other beloved DuckTales characters returning to the fold for new adventures include Duckworth, Gyro Gearloose, Launchpad McQuak, Flinheart Glomgold, Magica DeSpell & Poe, Ma Beagle and the Beagle Boys, Mrs. Beakely and Webbigail Vanderquack. Enough duck puns for you?

You can refresh your memory with the original series on WATCH Disney Channel app.

The original DuckTales ran from 1987-1990 and lasted 100 episodes. The new DuckTales will launch in 2017.

http://www.eonline.com/news/629320/ducktales-is-coming-back-yes-ducktales

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Woo-ooh.

V-2, Kiki-Gonn, jp-30 and 6 others like this.
  3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
  4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'll probably watch the first episode, at least. I better get a great theme song out of this, dammit. I'd be fine with them using the original.

5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    lol @ these ducktales

EmpireForever likes this.
  7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Isn't it "smh @ these ducktales"?

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    It's about damn time!

They'd better use the original! Easily one of the best cartoon theme songs of all time. A-woo-ooh!

It's funny, I got an itch to watch me some Duck Tales just a few weeks ago. Still holds up. Love that show.

9. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Something else that I hope they bring back.

[​IMG]

10. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I think both are acceptable but, yes, that's the more common expression.

11. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    at last, more tales of ducks. there has been a distinct lack of tales involving ducks in the last decade or so and I for one am glad this artistic misstep will now be corrected going forward.

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    With all of the collections of Carl Barks and Don Rosa comics coming out, and now this, it's a good time to be a duck fan.

Now if only Donald could get more screen time in this version...

Nobody145 and Debo like this.
  13. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Is the original series DuckLegends, now?

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Am I the only one who gets annoyed when they remake old cartoons and kids' shows for "a new generation"? What happened to just putting the old shows out again? Or parenting the way I do, with DVDs of old school material?

But yeah...definitely keep the theme song. That should be the first non-negotiable.

Rew, Nobody145 and Heero_Yuy like this.
  15. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Funny - Star Wars canon is discarded and suddenly all the Lit regs show up in a Ducktales thread.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Any fan of the original series should check out the Duck Tales Remastered game that came out a couple years ago- gorgeous update of the original NES game but with a plot that actually makes sense and the full voice cast reprising their roles.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Just found it for Xbox 360--thanks. :)

The2ndQuest likes this.
  18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It also features the greatest song on the NES, gloriously remastered:

Juliet316, Rew, Nobody145 and 5 others like this.
  19. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Much like Guile's Theme, that's a piece of music that just makes anything better.

21. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Actually, that sounds like the original brief for Ducktales to me: "remake these classic comics into a cartoon, reinvented for a new generation!"
    Which is why it never appealed to me. I'm from a generation that old. And the Disney DVDs I watch with my kids are cartoons from before the second World War.

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    thanks to this reminder of its existence, the ducktales theme song has now replaced "call me al" as the song currently lodged in my brain and i'm not sure if it's an improvement.

jp-30 and GrandAdmiralJello like this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    DuckTales has rarely been off the air, and it's been out on DVD for a decade (though I dunno if they ever released the whole show, I just have the first three volumes).

And hm, I do have the DuckTales remake on steam. It is a very good remake -- not only are the mechanics very carefully reproduced, but the whole thing of using your score to unlock concept arts and things is s nice way to make me actually care about an otherwise meaningless game statistic.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

The2ndQuest likes this.
  24. SuperWatto

Sep 19, 2000
    Right now is a good time to get a Paul Simon cartoon on the air and then have it canceled, so that he does end up a cartoon in a cartoon graveyard.

BookExogorth and jp-30 like this.
  25. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    The Duck Tales theme song is my alarm clock. I woke up this morning to it, and then I go onto my computer to learn this. Today is going to be a Ducktales day.