main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Official Dave Filoni Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Gahmah Raan

Gahmah Raan Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2015
    He's very knowledgeable about what the fanbase is like, and he accepts that Star Wars fans are still Star Wars fans regardless of what parts they enjoy or don't enjoy.

And judging from the interviews, he seems like a nice guy to work with.

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I love him.

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Great thread! I too am in the "please, Filoni, continue with Star Wars for years to come" camp.
    I think he has done amazing things throughout both TCW and Rebels, and I would love to see him work on at least one more show after Rebels.
    And come on Lucasfilm, let the man direct a proper animated Star Wars feature film! [face_praying]

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    For me Filoni is the most recognizable person who works on Star wars other then GL.

5. Slater

Slater Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2014
    The man's got a groovy cowboy hat and he rocks it like a champ.

6. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    He clearly loves what he does. You gotta give him that.

7. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Thread is a little creepy, appreciation threads can be borderline stalking sometimes. I will say this Filoniverse is a great series of Star Wars animation. Being a fan of the Complete Saga, i stayed away from the TV shows, i view them as EU, but the interest many adults had in Rebels made me curious. It seemed fans were way more excited for Rebels than TCW, after my research on the topic then fan interest seemed based in era bias. Lucas never really seemed to push TCW like he did the PT. Dave seemed to be much more involved. TCW is the superior series of the two, but Rebels could get better if they feature the right characters.

8. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Edit : Wrong Thread

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No offense but sometimes CoolyFett you don't make any sense.

Heero_Yuy and Force Smuggler like this.
  10. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Indeed. I'd love to see the research data and studies he conducted to claim that SWR fans are mean Lucas and PT haters as he claims.

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This thread is creepy and borderline stalking? o_O

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    About 15 years ago on a Yahoo mailing list, I reported a woman who claimed she knew Hayden Christensen's dentist and planned to have an emergency toothache next time he had an appointment.

It takes a lot to set off my celebrity-stalking radar after that. And this thread isn't even in the same universe.

13. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    PT-era Anakin lists were...something else.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Ummm.

16. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Welp....That takes things to a whole new level.

On a side note: I don't see how this Filoni discussion is creepy-ish. For the amount of hate the guy gets here, it's refreshing to see acknowledgement of at least the passion he puts into his work.

Also, Jedi Knight Fett, I agree with you about Filoni being one of the more recognizable people in the Star Wars behind the scenes. At least for me, Filoni's work was the only Star Wars I watched as it came out, and it was like opening a whole new world for me. Of course I had loved the movies before hand, but the fact that TCW was the first Star Wars work that I anticipated and waited for and everything made it have a special place in my fandom-heart and has made the show very nostalgic for me.

17. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Did you see the Filoni is love, Filoni is life post ?
    Oh wait that wasn't creepy it was hilarious :p
    Think of all the fanfic possibilities [face_thinking]

18. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Filoni is a nice guy and I really respect him for the work he does. I don't agree with everything he says in interviews, but he is very passionate and very important for modern Star Wars.

19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I did not... and I think I'm glad I didn't! :p

pepoluan likes this.
  20. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Finally recognition for someone who brought one of the greatest Star Wars characters to life! Hopefully, they'll give Dave a shot a directing one of the life action spinoffs.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I could see that as long as it does not involve Ashoka it could be good.

22. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I would burst into thousands of pieces from the amount of sheer happiness if Ahsoka got a live action spinoff!

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I just think she would look weird in LA

Mostly Handless likes this.
  24. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014

You've never been to Hollywood and Highland, she would fit right in...

Oh, you don't mean Los Angeles...

As far as Filoni, I respect the guy for what he has done. However, as a "fan" of Star Wars, I fundamentally disagree with many of his take-aways from previous/existing material, and how those take-aways have molded the direction in which he takes his creations.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  25. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Agreed, I wasn't exactly the biggest fan of how Shaak Ti looked in the PT, but I was more of a fan of her in TCW. I think the biggest difference was the eyes.