main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Locations/Planets in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by bigtukker, Jun 11, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think Coruscant needs to feature in some capacity as well, just to demonstrate how much of the old Empire is still in power.

As far as Tatooine...for a planet that was never part of the Republic and is the furthest from the bright side of the universe, it certainly has featured a lot in the past few films. Let's leave that dustball alone.

2. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I love Coruscant. I would be happy to see a lot of it in VII or one of the parts of this new trilogy.

I would get a real kick out of seeing Leia on Naboo. I think it's overdue time the films went to Corellia.

I wouldn't mind never, ever seeing Tatooine again.

3. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I think we are all agreed Coruscant will be in the sequel.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    "Hm. I wish I had YOUR confidence..."

I am okay if it's not in TFA. In fact I'd actually almost prefer it after all the time we spent there in the last 3 episodes. But I hope we come back to it (at least briefly,) sometime in the ST...

5. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    In the ST they need to explain why you can breathe on pretty much every planet.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I think they're better off just continuing with how the other six movies presented it in that regard. SW doesn't need to start getting hung up on scientific explanations. Otherwise they'd have to explain how we hear ships in space, etc.

7. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    Tatooine and Coruscant are pretty much the main planets of the saga, and will undoubtedly both make an appearance at some point.

8. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Same here, but wasn't that what the teaser trailer had? Maybe I have missed something because I only briefly pop in and out of forums these days because I want to avoid spoilers, but that sure is what it looked like.

No, they can breathe on planets that they choose to inhabit; otherwise they wouldn't try to inhabit them. Based on sheer numbers (millions/billions of planets), the galaxy would have a lot of planets like earth (similar distance from the sun, similar conditions, etc.); the Hubble telescope reportedly sited at least a one that is likely this way. We would just need to ability to travel those great distance. Give us the Millenium Falcon, and BOOM! We can go to a lot of breathable planets.

So there you go; the ST doesn't need to give an explanation since Uncle Lee has already given one.

Dewback and Forbidden Island like this.
  9. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I just figured the ones they can breathe on-the ones we see/hear about are the only ones that are habitable, but there are LOTS of other planets out there in the galaxy...

10. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Well everyone is intitled to their opinion

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  11. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

Yes. Yes they are...

12. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005
    I think it would be cool to see Luke in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant but that's about it. Maybe after the Jedi were destroyed, the Emperor ordered it to be destroyed but maybe Luke goes back and discovers something about the new enemy?
    However, do I think we'd see something like this? Probably not. I am not all that confident that Luke will survive the first film of the ST.

13. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    If this isn't inspiration for a new ice world, I don't know what is:

(click for high resolution)

[​IMG]

Jedi Knight Fett and Darkslayer like this.
  14. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Yes, then we can have Pluto Nash do a cameo...

{joking (see what I did there)}

Seriously though. I would prefer we are introduced to new planets/environments. So far in the trailer we see familiar landscapes which worries me a bit as it may become MOTS.

For peeps that like to see Mon Cal. We had the visit to Gungan city which was an underwater thing. And to be honest I don't need to see characters swimming.

Naboo sounds like a good idea but there are Gungans there (as shown in the edited ending to ROTJ).

The following are the planets that I would not want to see in TFA:
    Endor, Tatooine, Yavin IV, Hoth, Dagobah (though if Luke is hiding somewhere then what better place). Coruscant,

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Corsucant better be in at least some part of the ST. IMO it's too important to not be shown.

jaqen likes this.
  16. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

The number of terrains on Earth we can reference is limited (jungle, desert, ice, mountainous, underwater). I'm all for being a bit creative but not floating mountains creative (ala Avatar). I look forward to whatever they come up with in Episode VIII.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. natureboy76

natureboy76 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 11, 2009
    Is Dantooine in the new Canon? I'm really asking out of curiosity.......I think I recall it in The Clone Wars....I guess planets from the games and books are no longer Canon so that means all new planets or revisits of classic worlds.

18. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Dantooine is the planet that Princess Leia gives as the location for the Rebel Base in ANH when questioned by the Imperials after the destruction of Alderaan.

Then the imperials mention a report that they found a deserted based...

So as far as I know Dantooine, though not shown in the movies, is talked about in the movies and therefore is Canon. Regardless of what has been shown or not in other media.

jaqen likes this.
  19. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I'd like to see some sort of jungle planet-where our heroes actually are travelling through the jungle. I know Yavin IV was technically rainforest, but we only ever saw shots of it from above...

I always imagined them searching for something or being chased through some dark jungle, filled with strange/dangerous creatures...

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    A Star Wars version of the journey to Pankot Palace? Oh hell yeah!
    And if it were Yavin IV as presented in the old EU, even better!

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  21. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    That thought did cross my mind-but I'm thinking more of a serious tone. Less goofy, and with less screaming from Willie Scott.

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Alright, we'll change to the opening scene of Raiders then!

23. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
  24. Wookiee_Vader

Wookiee_Vader Jedi Master star 2

Aug 21, 2007
    I'd really like to see Nar Shaddaa, I've always loved that planet. It could be interesting too to as it would be a kind of antithesis to Coruscant, rather than the pristine classy wealth we see on the upper levels of Coruscant we can get a decadent dilapidated cyberpunk hellhole.

DARTH_BELO and TigerCraneFist like this.
  25. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Nice description there.