main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Photo Ops with autograph hall guests?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grizzlor, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Jedi Master star 1

Mar 14, 2015
    I read Official Pix's website with the guest list and autograph prices. I can't much of any mention of photo op prices. Will CVII have them? Can you just take one at the table? I'd personally be stunned if the old stars did free pictures at their tables aside from Billy Dee or maybe Carrie.

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I haven't been to the autograph halls for years, but I would guess that all the main actors are going to have photo sessions, and then you can't have photos taken with them at their autograph tables. I would guess, and this is just a guess, that for the minor actors, without their own photo booth time, then you can have your picture taken with them.

Hmm, I think I stopped with autographs when the opportunity to take photos with the actors disappeared, I usually just saw the autograph as an excuse to have a chat and then a photo with them.

3. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    i was able to take few photographs with two actors in CIV.
    No idea now.

4. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    In my experience you should only expect for those who cost more than $20 or have limited signing times to have no photos at the table.
    And saying that, Jeremy Bulloch is normally always a good sport about photos and back at Celebration VI Ashley Eckstein stayed after closing time to get through her HUGE line and she had photo with all who wanted it.

The likes of Hamill, Fisher and McDiarmid will have no photos at the table. They likely wouldn't be allowed if they wanted to, though Anthony Daniels (while having no photos at the table) may get out from his table once or twice during the day to have photos with the fans. At Celebration VI he lined up right in front of Froggys to have photos with the fans at no charge. But of couse you have to be there if and when he does it, cause it doesn't happen very often - like I said once or twice a day if you are lucky. But he also usually comes out to meet the fans in the morning while we are in line waiting to get in, so that could also be the time for a quick chat and/or a photo.

5. Grizzlor

Grizzlor Jedi Master star 1

Mar 14, 2015
    Official Pix Facebook finally made a reply, saying that a new vendor would be handling the photo ops. So I expect they'll be like everywhere else, big money.

6. Oddacon

Oddacon Jedi Knight

Mar 19, 2015
    Hello all-

I just created an account on here to ask this question as well. This will be my family's first Celebration. I go to comic conventions all the time and figure Celebration will be about the same as those but have been trying to figure out if we'll be able to get photo ops or not. We'd rather have pics with the celebs than autographs but if autographs are the only way to meet them up close we'd do it.

I looked on Official Pix web site and they said that "for select guests" that they'd be offering a ticketed photo ops and to check the autograph area for more details.

Source: http://www.officialpix.com/c7/home.html

I have a question though. Autograph tickets won't sell out right? If we get there and find out we can get photo ops with who we want then we're good but if that's not the case and we need to buy autograph tickets for those people they'll be available correct?

Thanks for any help.

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Unfortunately, there is a possibility that certain celebrities could sell out, particularly Hamill, Fisher and McDiarmid. For the bigger names, they issue a number when you purchase your ticket and you are only permitted to enter the line once the window opens for the number on your ticket. The sooner you purchase your tickets, the lower your number will be and the sooner you can get in line. Once they reach capacity for the weekend, that will be it. When I went to CV a couple years ago, I remember that Mark Hamill had sold out before the end of the weekend. I was glad that I had pre-ordered my ticket for him.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  8. eyoung45

eyoung45 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2015
    Hi everyone. thanks for the good info, I was about to ask the same questions as well. does anyone know for CV if Mark Hamil did take pics with people who got an autograph ticket? just wondering if that's even a possibility this time around, but i would assume he would have his own photo op to make more money. thanks

9. Oddacon

Oddacon Jedi Knight

Mar 19, 2015

So we should head over to the autograph area a.s.a.p. to secure our photo op. We have 4 day passes so that shouldn't be an issue getting it before the weekend. I just wish we could pre order them online.

eyoung45 likes this.
  10. Oddacon

Oddacon Jedi Knight

Mar 19, 2015

I can't say for CV, but at Wondercon in SF in 2009, we got to meet both Hamill and Fisher who were doing autographs only. However, we got in line to meet them both fairly early on and were able to get a quick pic of me with Hamill and my wife with Fisher. I don't know how long that lasted though. We might've just got very lucky.

eyoung45 likes this.
  11. eyoung45

eyoung45 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2015
    Good idea! I better pick up a 4 day pass as well.

12. eyoung45

eyoung45 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2015
    That's really lucky! Good point, best time to try it is to be first in line. They'll probably be tired of taking pics as the day goes on.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    He did a separate photo op and photos were not allowed at the table. They also had black curtains setup around the bigger names to prevent people from taking photos from a distance and you could not see the stars from the floor. I think the company that handled it at the time was Froggy Photos, but I'm pretty sure they're not returning this time around. However, Official Pix announced that photo ops will be available again and they should have information on that soon.

If you would rather have a photo op as opposed to an autograph, I would secure your spot for the photo op first thing in the morning on the first day of the convention (unless they do pre-orders for that as well - I'm not sure how that's going to work yet). In the past, they had a separate booth for you to buy your photo op tickets and it was completely separate from the autograph area and their ticketing system.

14. Oddacon

Oddacon Jedi Knight

Mar 19, 2015

This is what we're going to do then. Sounds like our best bet. Thanks for the advice and info.

15. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015
    Can you buy just photo ops or do you need to buy autograph coupons too?

16. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    Yes, you can just buy photo ops (obviously, as long as you don't ask the person to sign anything while getting the photo).

17. Oddacon

Oddacon Jedi Knight

Mar 19, 2015
    Preordered our team up photo op with Hamill and McDiarmid this morning. We are so stoked!

18. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Oh man I bought the autograph for Carrie Fisher, I would much rather take a picture with her. Has anybody asked for a refund from official pix before and was it easy to do?

19. klingklang

Jan 12, 1999
    Official Pix said they don't issue refunds unless there are cancellations by those with a specific autograph ticket. So if Fisher cancelled, you'd get your money back. If she doesn't, then maybe you could try to sell it to someone.

20. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015
    This late, I don't even want to buy any autographs, I'll probably be too high a ticket number and not get in queue if it goes by a number system.

To be honest I don't know how the autpgraph ticket numbers work. Can you turn up early on the day with a high ticket number and get it early or do you have to wait until everyone else who has a lower number to get in?

21. klingklang

Jan 12, 1999
    This only applies to those who require specific autograph tickets (e.g. Hamill, McDiarmid, Fisher, etc.): You're not allowed into the autograph queue until your ticket number is listed. So, say you have a Hamill autograph ticket, and it says #110 on it. But the end of the Hamill line has a sign with the numbers of "001-099." You'll have to wait until it says something like "001-150" before you can finally get in the queue.

And no, you don't have to wait for everyone else who has a lower number to get in first. Basically if someone has a ticket that says 010 on it and that person doesn't show up until the numbers have already hit "001-200," then he/she basically lost out on contending with a shorter line.

22. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015

I still don't fully understand. I haven't bought a specific ticket yet, but just say my ticket is like #458 and I turn up first thing Friday morning, what does that mean to me waiting in a queue?

23. klingklang

Jan 12, 1999
    Sorry if I made it confusing. To answer your question, if you get there on Friday and they're only allowing people with #s 001-300, you'll have to wait until someone changes the numbers to include #458. I don't know how long that would take, but yeah, you'll unfortunately have to wait.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense!

24. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015

Yeah, that cleared it up, thanks. it still just doesn't seem fair though, we all bought autograph tickets, even if someone has a high number, if they turned up first they should be allowed to go first.

I also would love to know the number of my ticket before I buy it, if it's too high then I'd skip it.

I can't find a contact email to OP to ask them either, I don't want to buy a ticket with a high number and not be able to get a refund.

25. klingklang

Jan 12, 1999
    Cool, no problem.

I see what you're saying, but I think they number it like that so that thousands of people don't show up at once. If the people who require specific tickets aren't important to you, it'll be easier to get other signatures because you can get in the queue whenever you want.

And unfortunately, you won't know your ticket number until you pick it up from the Official Pix booth.