main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books A/V DARK DISCIPLE (Ventress/Vos novel) (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CooperTFN, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Expanded description:

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    emerging feelings between them

trololololo

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It was looking a little better until that last paragraph. [face_plain]

4. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    This. That just made me want to facepalm.

Well, folks, looks like Vostress is going to be a thing...I'm still going to read this book, but this may make it a bit facepalm-worthy.

5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Did anyone else imagine Tom Kane reading this?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I may read it if I get a free copy and a case of good wine, and I'll tear it up chapter by chapter.

7. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    There's a short preview for this book in the back of LotS. It doesn't cover much, but I'll put it under spoilers just in case.
    The book opens with Dooku's forces obliterating a Republic-protected refugee convoy, basically exterminating an entire race, which is a scene I would have loved to see TCW tackle on-screen. He then give an ultimatum via the HoloNet: unless the Republic concedes the war to him, more and more innocents will die. We get a short deliberation by the Jedi Council into what's to be done, where Mace proposes the idea that they do the unthinkable in order to stop the impending slaughter: assassinate Dooku. And yes, it's explicitly stated that they're going to try and assassinate him. The others are obviously agast, especially Yoda and Obi-Wan, but they come around bit by bit as they talk, and it ends with Obi-Wan saying he has a suggestion of who they could contact to help. Also, the book says that Depa Bilaba is not only alive and well at this point, but actually a sitting member of the Council, though she's only seen via hologram.

8. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    Ugh really? Vos and Ventress? Yuck. First of all, if Ventress needed to get it on with anybody it would be her favourite sparring partner (i.e Obi Wan), and the Vos love story thing has already been done.

Plus if they're going to keep the weird hippie Vos they had in TCW...

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I, for one, am quite pleased by this development. Pairing Ventress with Vos (the two Vs! V for Valentines!) is a great idea, and I am very confident in Christie Golden's ability to craft a torrid, yet mature and heartfelt love affair.

I'm very eagerly anticipating yet another classic novel from the very talented Christie Golden.

I'll be reading this with a box of tissue within reach.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    *spits coffee all over iPad screen*

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    What can I say, I'm thrilled! I want this novel so badly I can hardly wait.

This is my most anticipated novel since the Thrawn trilogy.

With each bit of news that is revealed, I want this more and more. They're saying all the right things, I'm practically drooling over this. It's like they know exactly what I never knew I wanted; they're pulling it from my brain and revealing it to me bit by bit.

I'm just so excited!

12. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008

did you receive your advance review copy already?

13. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    I can neither confirm nor deny. Maybe.

14. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    I can understand how you feel.[face_love]

And that previous sparring of the two with whatever was exactly the reason Obi-Wan didn't want to do the job.

Maybe in order to meet your demands, chancellor Palpatine should have been bumping in and suggest during the respective session of the Jedi-Council via Hologram towards Obi-Wan: "You two know each other so good - why don't you two take on Dooku together?" Just like he coupled Anakin and Padme in AOTC. [face_devil]

15. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998
    I like that we're getting some at the very least some more glimpses (or at the very least A glimpse) of TCW-era Depa in this continuity. Seeing as we're about to see her demise in the Kanan comic, those glimpses are somewhat nice to see.

The_Forgotten_Jedi likes this.
  16. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Undisciplined, brash Psycho-Killer and Surfer-Jedi engage the cunning master of the Dark Side? Wonder how that's gonna end.

17. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Interesting. Out of curiosity, was there a full rundown of who exactly was on the Council at this point? And how many of them actually spoke during the meeting? Fingers crossed for Coleman Kcaj's first line ever!

18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Didn't they state that Dark Disciple is a adaptation of 8 TCW episodes :confused:
    Because to me this sounds like the story of 4 episodes, maybe this was a multi-season spanning arc like the Darth Maul stories ?

19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Maybe it's part 1 of an unannounced series by stealth? [face_whistling]

20. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I hope this novel gives us the intricacies that the script / show would have provided, I don't want complicated details to be lost in translation, like with Son of Dathomir, where content was cut.

21. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    304/8 = 38 Pages (US release)
    320/8 = 40 Pages (UK release)
    So each episode will have thirty eight/forty pages of content :D

22. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Ventress/Ahsoka would be a far more interesting/fun pairing. :)

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    "the Jedi Council feels it has no choice but to take drastic action: targeting the man responsible for so many war atrocities, Count Dooku himself."

When did Dooku cease to be a target?

missile, Riv_Shiel, Morlak and 5 others like this.
  24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, considering Anakin and Obi-Wan were fighting him on a weekly basis.

25. Taalcon

Jul 12, 1998

How many times did they actually confront him personally? Is this one of those things that we remember as being more than it is, because we remember it as being more than we thought they should?