main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Ben Mendelsohn (Director Orson Krennic) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Mar 25, 2015.

1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  2. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Man, the casting in this new era is fantastic. I love this guy's performances in everything I've seen of his. Hope it's true!

TheBBP likes this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    seems like /film still thinks the movie is about
    http://www.slashfilm.com/ben-mendelsohn-star-wars-rogue-one/

4. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    There's a pic of him with facial hair and long hair. I immediately thought Talon Karrde.

jedinightwing likes this.
  5. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Seems like it would be a very good casting choice as long as he plays the role of the mentor or older superior as a major supporting role. Dude seems a little old to be THE main character. Am hoping Jesse Pinkman, er, I mean Aaron Paul gets the male lead.

6. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    this is getting better all the time

7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Stealing the Death Star plans is going to be in Rebels.

Rogue One is going to take place in the Sequel era - maybe between TFA and VIII. ;)

starocean90 likes this.
  8. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I'm sick of the "main characters can't be older than 25" mentality, so I'll be happy if he's a lead.

9. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Perhaps! Though the most recent rumor from MSW suggests that the film concerns the Death Star and "an agricultural planet." Take it or leave it. Personally, I think it's far too early to take any rumors seriously.

10. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    he looks like a Imperial Officer.

11. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Or a seasoned rebel veteran, take your pick.

Leoluca Randisi likes this.
  12. FelicityRebel

FelicityRebel Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2015
    Jones is 31.

13. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    hey i take great offense to that. I am 25.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  14. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I just finished the first season of Bloodline and he stole every scene he was in. I was actually looking him up after finishing it and that article had just been published so it was the first thing on the page. Thumbs up to this news.

REALBOBAFETISH and Hoggsquattle like this.
  15. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I saw Black Sea last year. It was almost a great movie.

The problem with it was that the arc for Mendelsohn's character was all over the place - it made do sense because
    he went dangerous head case, to cold blood murderer (for no reason with no remorse), to becoming devastated when his actions lead to an accidental death and along to way there is no reason or sense to anything he does - his primary desire was the treasure at all costs to suddenly leading the call to dump it lest they all die for something a foolish as gold:confused: - and this in turn affected other characters action and the story became a mess
    . And it was a shame because as I said, it could have great.

Now, I not saying that any of it was Mendolsohn's fault because despite the mess I could help but like Mendolsohn's performance (or more accurately performances) - they were enjoyable and he did a great job = I had little doubt the problems with his character lay elsewhere in the production. It was clearly problem in the writing and story continuity and maybe he problem may very well have been caused in editing - maybe the director decided, or was forced by higher powers, to cut scenes that explained the inconsistencies.

When Bloodlines landed at Netflix, I filed it away in my mind to give it a look at some point, maybe over the summer, but when I noticed Mendolsohn's name I was definitely more intrigued, especially that he is this "back sheep" character. I think this will be interesting.

So, I'm very much on board with the possible casting of this actor. He does bad guy very well, but I can imagine him as Jones' commander or her flight training officer/mentor.

I was already eager for this movie when it just the first spin off, but every official announcement and now this rumour, makes me want it more, :D

16. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    You know, that 25-35 range. Let's see some people in their 40s and 50s as leads!

17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Well, you've got Tom Cruise. He'll still be playing forty year olds when he's in his sixties and still getting the girl who's in her twenties.

18. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Hopefully he'll have a much better fate in Rogue One than he did in The Dark Knight Rises [face_devil]

[​IMG]

19. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Love that guy! Great addition to Rogue One, for sure.

20. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    This film should be Boycotted! I'll never see a film written by someone who says the F word to Lucas! This is a shame...a really sad day in the age of star wars films....DON'T watch this film people!

21. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    By that logic, then you shouldn't watch the original SW trilogy 'cause Alec Guinness despised the franchise, Episode One because Terence Stamp hated Lucas' directing style...plus that other guy whose name escapes me for the moment who talked trash about Lucas on a forum and was supposed to work on the second SW spinoff film

Jedi Merkurian and DarthAlb like this.
  22. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    WHAT... THE HELL... IS... GOING ON?

Import_Jedi and El_Machete12 like this.
  23. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Anyone else think of an older and more battered version of Hobbie?

24. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

That was a bit part - hose characters are not in TDKR enough as bad or good.

And such a role is not comparable to being cast as a lead in a film.

25. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I guess I will be watching Bloodlines !!! :D