main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek: Medbay mayhem (prompt challenge)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Mar 12, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Or Luke [face_laugh] Why do you think he never lingers when he returns to Tatooine? [face_laugh] [face_mischief]

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Good point there! [face_blush]

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Spock was cold, wet and sandy and he glared daggers at the trio observing him from the top of the dune.
    Spock began to smile. Through the bond with his ashal-veh he knew. She would make him comfortable. She wouldn’t mind the sand. A hot shower and bath would take care of that.

[face_laugh] And the fun and games continues! [face_laugh] I loved the mental image you provided with this one; and Spock is most certainly right on that last account. [face_mischief]:p[face_love]

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    More fun and following up on Nyota's Heart s tale in Sweets

Tangled

“Cinnamon rolls Len?”

“They did the trick last time getting Jim here,” McCoy placed the examination table in its upward position.

Nick sniffed and continued with disgust showing on his face towards the small kitchen-unit in the room. He opened the lid of the bowl and scowled away closing the lid with a bang. “Don’t tell that this is plomeek soup to get Spock here?”

“It is,” McCoy beamed. “I saw Uhura and Spock tangled together below that lovely mural and the shimmering colours brought me the idea. You started it Nick. You had to challenge Spock. He returned the favour and pointed me to an art exhibit.”

“I did,” Nick broke down in laughter. “Seeing Spock as a sugar coated cookie after that visit to Coronado beach was most rewarding.”

“He was and are those?”

“Yes Jim,” McCoy turned to the newcomer. “But after that.”

“Let’s get him tangled in our web,” Nick grinned and began to guide the straps over Jim’s torso.

- - -

“Not that again,” Jim stopped eating from his second cinnamon roll after McCoy had denied him the third. He sauntered towards the kitchen-unit.

“Plomeek soup it is,” Nick said. “Even more horrible than Master Yoda’s stew for initiates and knights it is. Do the trick to have Spock making a beeline to our ward it will. Tangle him in our web we will.”

“Yes Jedi Roberts,” Jim opened the lid of the bowl and dropped it down as fast as he could.

“Coming he is,” McCoy grinned.

Jim clutching the remains of his cinnamon roll hurried towards the door and barely missed Spock rushing in. But he saw the eager and anticipating looks on the face of his exec.

Cinnamon rolls and plomeek soup were for Spock irresistible.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Excellent fun.
    Yup, that stew is the bane of several generations of Jedi. :p :eek:

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I can't believe I somehow passed this update up in my alerts. :oops:

Because this was a great piece of fun, once again. Especially:

“Plomeek soup it is,” Nick said. “Even more horrible than Master Yoda’s stew for initiates and knights it is. Do the trick to have Spock making a beeline to our ward it will. Tangle him in our web we will.”

Ha haa! I loved it. [face_laugh]

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And doctors here. The soup was mentioned in Amok Time
    And more fun with the next prompt

Thaw

“The Pacific ocean in december during my training was cold but this,” Nick paused to sip from his hot milk. “This was more like what Luke experienced on Hoth.”

“But we have come out of it alive and reached the away-team just in time,” McCoy sipped from his hot chocolate with a barely controlled shiver and stamped with his feet during yet another of his little rounds in the medbay. “My feet are beginning to thaw.”

“Yeah I told you last time when we were visiting California,” Nick began to smile. “Buy some decent boots and you have happy feet.”

“Happy feet,” McCoy grinned. “I will follow your advice and tell our very green eared Vulcan to do the same.”

“Spock sure was suffering the most,” Nick downed the last of his milk. “But after being swept away before we could get him in our ward he will have now very happy feet.”

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh no! [face_laugh]:eek: That was a great way to use the prompt - I could see them all huddled up and trying to thaw out from the cold! That was a great snippet. =D=

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I had fun with this

Crescendo

Zing

McCoy looked left and stopped

Zing zing

“What’s that?” Nick Roberts bumped almost into McCoy. He was with his senior on their way to their cabins.

Zing zing zing

“That’s that kriffing vulcan harp again,” McCoy peeked his head around the door of the small meeting room. “Spock is playing and he has a captive audience.”

Zing zing zing zing

“And he is building up to a crescendo to his captive audience of one,” Nick began to smile. “She will start to sing soon.”

Zing zing zing zing zing

“Soon?”

“S…”

“The skies are green and glowing where my heart is"

Zing zing zing zing zing zing.

Nick listened. Captivated just like McCoy.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! Out. Loud. [face_love] Nyota is quite the artist with song. ^:)^

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_love] Ahh, there was no better way than that to use the prompt. Truly. [face_love]

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And more as you will see
    And this one was fun

Some assembly required

“Hmmph”

“Hmmph?” Nick eyed the mess on the desk of McCoy.

“I ordered it and thought it would be fully functional,” McCoy grumped, pointing at the box and parts. “Never tell me again to listen to a certain green blooded elf-eared exec when I need something to trim my hair.”

“He has perfectly groomed hair, no doubt done by Uhura,” Nick began to smile. “And I recall you asking him about hair after some urging by Christine, M-Benga and Jana John that your hair was messy when he was quite busy and distracted…”

“Distracted, he sure was ploinking and pinging away on that Vulcan instrument of ear-torture with a starry eyed Nyota enraptured by that noise when I asked him about his hair. He gave me a lengthy and very – his words – logical advice to order a MacPhip hair-trimmer and what does that have me?”

“Some assembly required,” Nick took the box, shook it and had the manual in his hands, enfolded it and put it down on the desk. “You take this and this and insert this and connect this and you have a working thingy.”

“Techboy is busy,” McCoy grinned. “Are you related to Anakin Skywalker?”

Nick had the hair-trimmer buzzing “Padawan style?”

“No, Jedi Master is good for me.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great use of the prompt indeed! [face_laugh] I admire and love those who can do things without the manual and secondly those who can decipher the instructions via just looking at the diagrams. [face_laugh] :p

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] I knew this prompt would bring about some fun, and you surely didn't disappoint! I'm glad that the boys figured it out. :p [face_laugh]

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The next one is following one in 'sweets' about the hair-discussion.
    They did and more

You set my heart on fire

“Did you hear Nyota’s comments about McCoy’s hair?” Jana John blushed when she saw her great love and husband Marc Jullio readying some equipment for the next procedure.

“I heard the entire conversation after following my nose to the delicious smells coming from the fondu pot,” Marc began to grin mischievous and came to her.

“We had our ‘girl-evening’ Marc,” Jana tickled him.

“And there was one about a melt-down,” Marc responded by taking her in his arms. “You set my heart on fire when I saw you in the arboretum turned into a Mirana jungle.”

“Our first meeting, arranged by our ever resourceful friends,” Jana glowed, savouring the gentle bond and kissed deeply.

“Friends like Florian McLintlock,” Marc uttered between kisses “and Nyota and McCoy.”

“What’s with me?”

Jana and Marc turned, faces glowing with bioluminescent patterns. There in the door was McCoy and with him Nick Roberts.

“Uh, uhh,” Jana stuttered.

“Uh,” Marc ended the kiss and continued “it was a hair-discussion.”

“A hair-discussion,” McCoy grinned. “Did you hear hair Nick?”

“It started with your hair but there was something about hearts on fire and lovely arrangements,” Nick quipped.

“I am ready McCoy, Doctor Rob,” Marc took Jana again in his arms for a kiss.

“He is ready,” McCoy eyed the room.

“She is ready,” Nick grabbed two sealed packages with greens “but first this.”

McCoy had two more packages “scrub-room time.”

- - -

“That was fun,” Jana was giggling. She was dressing in her uniform after the procedure and the scrub-room mayhem that followed.

“Now you can tell your friends at the next ‘girl-evening’ what setting a heart on fire means for me,” Marc tenderly closed the zipper and encircled her waist with his hands.

“I do,” Jana turned in his embrace and kissed.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! Thanks for that "sequel." [face_batting]

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahh, Jana and Marc really are the sweetest thing here!! I loved every word of this one. [face_love]

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Almost forgot about this fun thread. Sorry! My life is filled with so much off-line activities these days.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The next one will have a sequel too?[face_batting] [face_thinking]
    Loved to write them this way

Chocolate

“Eech!” Nick gave a startled yelp when he saw what was sticking to his clogs he was about to don after some fun in the scrub-room with McCoy and the two Mirana nurses Marc and Jana.

“Sorry that was my candy-bar slipping and sliding away.” That came from McCoy.

“A candy-bar,” Nick began to wash his clogs. “He eats a chocolate covered candy-bar?”

“What’s wrong with that?” McCoy was digging in the pockets of his uniform for another of the treats.

“Everything,” Nick turned to McCoy, snatched away the newly produced candy-bar and held it before McCoy’s eyes. “See!”

“See,” McCoy shrugged with his shoulders, grabbed the candy-bar and began to inspect the thing. “There is nothing wrong with it. Or…” And he removed the wrapper and began to eat.

“It’s chocolate,” Nick began.

“I see,” McCoy began to grin between munching. “You don’t like chocolate.”

“No, I don’t,” Nick agreed. “I was sneezing every time I ate something with chocolate. It’s an allergy that runs in my family. And I don’t like the sugar and fat and more devious ingredients added to the candy-bar.”

“Ah I see,” McCoy – ready with his eating – inspected the wrapper. “I will order supplies to get the real chocolate stuff. And I know who will love that.”

“Spock and Uhura,” Nick grinned. “They are chocoholics and quite resourceful with more fancy uses of the stuff.”

“Don’t tell me,” McCoy began to laugh. He knew.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love chocolate. Yes, I do. Glad I do not have an allergy. :p

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Ah I see,” McCoy – ready with his eating – inspected the wrapper. “I will order supplies to get the real chocolate stuff. And I know who will love that.”

“Spock and Uhura,” Nick grinned. “They are chocoholics and quite resourceful with more fancy uses of the stuff.”

I am an addict, too. :rolleyes:

22. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003

Who can resist chocolate? Delicious response to the prompt. :D

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I have to echo the delicious response to the prompt. ;) That was a fun piece, as always. =D=[face_love]

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I do[face_phbbbbt]
    I can resist
    And followed by a sequel of sorts

Memories Held Dearest and/or Memories Soonest Forgotten

“The more fancy uses of the stuff,” Nick saw a slight moment of sadness passing the face of his superior that was filled with a big smile. “Tell me about the ones known to you.”

McCoy eyed Nick for a long moment and the smile disappeared almost before he began “uh yes, I know what Spock and Uhura are doing with the stuff in a way to express their love and make it very tasty…”

Nick made a move with his tongue.

“Yes that kind of tasty is a fun way to use chocolate,” McCoy fumbled with the empty wrapper “but my not funny memories about the stuff are the ones I want to be the soonest forgotten. You see my ex Jocelyn loved chocolate and had a whole box of bitter tasting pure chocolate standing on the nightstand in our bedroom when I discovered that she was having an affair with her old love Clay Treadway. She left without our daughter Joanna. A bitter divorce procedure started and I joined the Enterprise.”

“And you still love the stuff,” Nick indicated the wrapper.

“Only the milk-chocolate and the ones filled with nuts and raisins,” McCoy had a small smile on his face. “Raisins bring along one of my dear memories from my youth. Grandma McCoy had always a bowl of raisins on the kitchen-table and presented me each time I visited her with a handful. And of course I could take as much as I wanted.”

“Another raisin-lover,” Mick smiled. “And another order for the supplies-department. Get them and I will make sure that there is a bowl with raisins on your desk to enjoy.”

“For you.”

“And you.”

“And all our visitors.”

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb use of the prompt.

Definitely a sweet memory from Grandma and childhood indulgences and then the bitter-literally associated with an unpleasant! experience. :eek: I too favor milk chocolate with the nuts and the caramel/toffee inside. :D =P~