main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Newbie Check In and Intro Thread - 3.0!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by sideshow212, Nov 11, 2003.

1. darthbane727

darthbane727 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2014
    We will be there on time. Cant wait to meet everyone!

2. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    As a guideline, please try to post the following info:

Name: Autumn
    SW Related Interests: I have always been a fan. Have collected Star Wars toys for years. Some have been lost to siblings over time, but I keep collecting. I tinker with SWTOR. I would like to do some SW cosplay. I have made other costumes not related.
    Non-SW Related Interests: I enjoy training parkour, getting outdoors, hoop dance (hula hoop), gaming, urban homesteading, cosplay, and spending time with my family.
    How did you get started on SW: Pretty sure I stole toys from my older sisters. That is how I started my collection. Bummed I do not have some more of the originals still today. I have made my kids watch the original movies.... a few times. I have always been a fan as long as I can remember. :)
    How did you find this board? I been looking for a group that I could perhaps join. I am incredibly busy being a full time student and Mom at the moment, but I want to try! Said hello to you guys at Denver Comic Con this year. Good times. :) Looking forward to learning more :D

corran_r9 and QueenHighMistress like this.
  3. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome, Autumn! Hope you come to a meeting sometime. This is a family friendly group. You are now part of the tribe!

4. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    Thank you! We are in the middle of packing/moving so I will keep an eye out and see if I can get away. :) ...Of note, I feel like I left out the most important point. I am not sure if it was your group or a collaboration, but both of my children have incurable illnesses. I cannot express the joy it brought my children to be visited by a variety of troopers and R2-D2 at Children's hospital. It is something that has stayed with them the last five years. That was what initially triggered my interest in finding out more about any local groups. Making a difference in a super fun way!

DieWompRatDie and corran_r9 like this.
  5. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Pretty much the best part of this, is seeing kids happy.

6. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Name: Levon, I also go by Kal and Luke. Kal is chosen, Lucas is my middle name.
    SW Related Interests: EVERYTHING!!!!!! Especially Star Wars RPG and X-Wing Minis
    Non-SW Related Interests: Superman, Batman, comics in general, gaming, movies (watching, writing, making), anime, TV.
    How did you get started on SW: My mom took me to see the OT SE when I was about 7 and the rest is history.
    How did you find this board? Was a member a long time ago, just checking in since I've been thinking about coming back to the boards for a while.

7. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Welcome back, Levon!

8. Tara_Librarian

Tara_Librarian Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2015
    Name: Tara
    SW Related Interests: I have always loved the movies and I also love the books. I organize Star Wars Reads Day and Comic Con panels for the Denver Public Library.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Anything about books, authors and the library! My favorite video games have been Dragon Age, Elder Scrolls, Fable, Tetris, and Frogger. I love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Game of Thrones, Supernatural, Anything by Joss Whedon, Doctor Who, Lost Girl, Outlander, Invader Zim, Lenore by Roman Dirge, Edward Gorey, kung-fu movies, The Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne, The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, Neil Gaiman, I pretty much love all movies, Veronica Mars, True Blood, Sailor Moon, Cowboy Bebop, Bruce Campbell, Broken Lizard, Ogden Nash, Dorothy Parker, William Shakespeare, Piers Anthony, The Last Unicorn, Dark Crystal, and a bunch of other stuff. I love my job, my husband and my cats. I'm pretty good at glueing things.
    How did you get started on SW: I watched the movies with my family recorded off of TV on a VHS tape. We all cuddled up on the pull-out couch and ate popcorn. As kids, we acted out scenes from the movie outside under the stars with lightning bugs as our only audience.
    How did you find this board? Jonathan Thornton shared the link with me! I've been to two meetings.

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  9. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome, Tara_Librarian! I'm looking forward to a great, continued partnership with DPL.

10. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Welcome, aboard,Tara_Librarian! It was great to get to chat with you a bit at the March meeting! We have a lot of interests in common -- yay! :D

11. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014

I am a bit late on this one, but playing catch up. Welcome Tara_Librarian ! :)

12. Darth_Thidiouth

Darth_Thidiouth Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2015

AuttyBot likes this.
  13. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome Darth_Thidiouth! Glad you caught us at DCC and welcome to the boards. Feel free to join in any thread discussion on our boards and to come meet all of us in person at future meetings the third weekends of the month.

Darth_Thidiouth likes this.
  14. Kirst'l Kinda

Kirst'l Kinda Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2015
    Name: David
    SW Related Interests: The movies (obviously), I've collected the action figures for as long as I can remember. Of course, that doesn't mean that I have everything I've ever had (thanks, mom). I'm also a big fan of the novels, whether that be the current stuff or the Legends.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Musical theatre, singing with my big band, acting, Marvel, pop culture in general.
    How did you get started on SW: I honestly don't remember. I do have a very vivid memory of seeing ROTJ in the theater when I was six, but I know I had action figures, the original Star Wars pop up book, and an ESB read along book and record.
    How did you find this board? I attended several panels during Denver Comic Con this past weekend, including the trivia contest on Saturday evening.

AuttyBot and Darth_Thidiouth like this.
  15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Welcome Kirst'l Kinda! Glad you came to the trivia content on Saturday. Hope you had fun at that panel (I was the host) and the questions weren't too hard.

Feel free to join in any thread discussion on our boards and to come meet all of us in person at future meetings the third weekends of the month.

16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
  17. Mara Ravenwood

Mara Ravenwood Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2015
    Name: Heather
    SW Related Interests: OT, Timothy Zahn's books, costuming, John Williams' soundtracks, Han Solo's leather jacket
    Non-SW Related Interests: Sewing, quilting, crafting, cooking, decorating, party planning, SciFi, YA novels, quality movies, my husband and our three children; and good, clean fun!
    How did you get started on SW: Watching the movies on VHS that my dad recorded of the TV broadcast years ago.
    How did you find this board? Rebel Legion

18. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Welcome, Mara Ravenwood! Glad to have you in this group as well.

19. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
  20. TherealMako

TherealMako Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2015
    Name: Chris
    SW Related Interests: Light saber (yes saber not sabre, I'm American) Dueling, Costuming, Movie marathons and a real belief in the Force.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Going to the Gym, Working out at said gym, flying airplanes, the VFW and volunteering.
    How did you get started on SW: When I was four the only VHS tape I could put into the VCR was a recording off of HBO of Empire and Jedi back to back. Watched them every day
    How did you find this board? Searching desperately for a local-ish group of people to meet up with to justify my purchase of an UltraSaber to my Wife.

AuttyBot likes this.
  21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome, TherealMako! Hope this helps you get that laser sword!

22. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
  23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
  24. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Since Jonathan reminded me that it's been far too long since I posted here, I thought I'd peek in and say hi. I'm so excited to see so many new faces! Welcome to the RMFF!!!

Name: Bill
    SW Related Interests: Fan Force since 1999. Costuming: RL since 2002, 501st since 2005. Mainly, I like the costuming... but I love the service-related/fan engagement stuff: Green Screen Adventures, charity work, etc.... as well as getting together with like-minded lunatics.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Trail Life USA with my son, hiking, camping, archery, shooting sports.
    How did you get started on SW: Fan for life since seeing ANH at the Cooper Continental big screen in 77 or 78. Seeing SW on the big screen is one of my first memories.
    How did you find this board? I've been here since the UBB days in 1999, before the RMFF was founded. :)

I want to try to catch a meeting now and then, but Darth Real Life, trooping with the 501st/Rebel Legion and my TLUSA camping/hiking activities are eating up my weekends. I try to make a couple of meetings a year as life and the wife will allow. Sadly, there just isn't enough time to do all of the things we want to do. But the RMFF is always in my heart, and I consider friends here to be among my best friends in the world.

Side note: My oldest daughter Jessica was an infant at the very first RMFF meeting in 2000. She is now 15, and looking forward to becoming a full-fledged member when she turns 16.... and she is already planning her first 501st/RL costumes for when she turns 18. She has literally grown up with this group and the SW lifestyle.

DieWompRatDie and AuttyBot like this.
  25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Welcome back-ish, Obey Wann! No matter how long you've been gone or the next time we see ya, you're welcome here, dude.

Your kiddo is welcome at RMFF stuff for sure and she has been a great help at the WOTR events and the St. Patrick's Day parade. She knows what she's getting into for sure. :)

Obey Wann likes this.