main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Photo Ops with autograph hall guests?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grizzlor, Mar 14, 2015.

1. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015

Thanks again. :) That's unfortunate about the numbering system, because I've left it so long I'll probably be a high number. What they should do is set up days with numbers rather than the other way, so people know what days and times to turn up for their autograph.

Have you had any autographs before? What's it like with the big names?

2. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    You know, I think they issue the numbers based on who picks up their orders at the booth first. Because, why give someone a low number who is only going to be there on Saturday? If they're ordered based on that kind of method, that gives you a fair chance. Maybe someone else on here knows. If you go on Rebel Scum's forum, you might get an answer from Chris about how numbers are issued.

And I've only been to CIV (I'm in California, so I'm stuck on the west coast). At that one, there were only two big names (Fisher and Daniels) and both were really polite and friendly. Everyone else I got a signature from I didn't have to wait for at all (a few were kind of cranky), but it was really easy-going.

3. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002

Unless they have changed something since last time, then you are given an envolope with the tickets you have ordered and your name on it.
    So tickets are given in the order they have been ordered online not in the order they are picked up. A low number is the perk of ordering early.

klingklang likes this.
  4. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015

Seems pretty bad for those with high numbers, what if your number is that high that you don't even get a chance for an autograph, they won't even refund you your money.

5. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    If they sell tickets with a number, that they don't write on the board, then I would expect them to refund those tickets. But then I wouldn't expect them to sell more than the guest can manage to sign. This is why some guests sell out at some piont.
    It is your responsibility as an attendee to make sure you can stay as long as it takes to get to your number. If you get a high number and you are unable to attend Sunday (if it takes that long to get to your number), then it is just too bad, your los.

I can understand why they have a no refund policy. If they didn't some people would buy a load full, and then just get a refund at the end of the convention for unused tickets and it would be a logistical nightmare to try and predict how many autographs the guests would be expected to sign.

There is a way around it though. If you know someone who have bought two tickets for the guest you want, then you can buy a ticket and give them that, and then get one of theirs with a low number. You can se a guest early with multible tickets as long as one of them is within the number written on the board. That is how it has been previously anyway.

6. klingklang

Jan 12, 1999
    Thanks a lot for that info. I didn't know that. I think I got my order in 3 minutes after they went on sale, so hopefully that means I got a low number.

7. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015

I just got info from another source and they say it's the number when you pick it up, not when you ordered.

8. klingklang

Jan 12, 1999
    Hopefully that is the case. But if so, I can imagine there will be a bit of a line on Wednesday.

9. Kettchs_Girl

Kettchs_Girl Jedi Master star 1

Mar 22, 2004
    According to the OfficialPix website:

"For our guests with special tickets we will have numbers on the autograph tickets based on the order in which you placed your order with us online, or purchased at the event (ie: 0001, 0002, etc)."

http://www.officialpix.com/c7/home.html

10. klingklang

Jan 12, 1999
    Thank for clearing that up with that info. I didn't see that on the Official Pix site.

11. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Going to Celebration for the first time this year :D I am pre-ordering a photo op with both Mark and Carrie together, and this may seem a silly question but I'm assuming that by paying for that it DOESN'T include their authographs, right? So I would need to get autograph tickets as well? Can they sign the photo I get taken with them or do I have to buy a stock photo?

12. Mr_Mundi

May 24, 2002
    At photoshoots it's "In-Smile-Out" It's normally 5-10 seconds. No signing during photoshoot and hardly any talk either.

You can have your own items signed and that also means your photo with them. They will also have free photos you can choose from or you can buy some from Official Pix's stand.

Claire1976 and DieWompRatDie like this.
  13. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    I was able to get a refund with no problem :) I'll have my 5 to 10 seconds with Carrie, I'm hoping she will at least say hi.

14. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    This may seem like a dumb question but where exactly are the photo-ops taking place? In the Autograph Hall?

15. EROK27

EROK27 Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2015
    I put off getting autograph tix. Looks like they might be sold out for Mark, Carrie and Ian. Is there a chance autograph opps will be sold in person for them? Am I looking at the wrong place on OfficialPix website to preorder? Or? Thanks!