main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Not Funny (Moderator's 1 April Challenge) L/M

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Carlos Danger, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    For this April Fool's Challenge the following elements must be in the story:

· It must be exactly 684 words
    · Include a useless multi tool
    · a Karkarodon that breaks out into song
    · the word "SHAZAM!"
    · an oversized bean

It is hard to write such a short story with all of these things in it and be exactly 684 words. I used wordcounter.net to confirm the word count.

___________________________________________________________________________________

11 ABY
    Jedi Praxeum, Yavin IV

Luke stood outside Mara’s quarters building up the courage to knock on her door. Today was the day he intended to confess to Mara of his growing affection and the prospect had him tied up in knots. Eventually he screwed up his courage and knocked. From the other side of the door he heard his friend call out, “Come in.”

He opened the door and peered inside. He could see Mara slumped down on her couch while flipping through holonet channels. She motioned him over.

“What are you doing?” he asked as he observed a steady stream of changing holonet drivel displayed above the projection unit.

“Watching one hundred channels of stupidity. I hate this time of the year.”

“Okay," he said a little confused as he sat down next to the beautiful woman.

She momentarily stopped the channel skimming to watch a reality show where a dapper looking Karkarodon was acting as a wedding singer to a surprised married couple. “Arrarrrahhh, shazam, shammazamma” the creature bellowed out to the confused wedding guests.

Before Luke could figure out what was going on Mara switched to the next channel where a person in an oversized bean costume was telling someone dressed as a wizard, “I said I wanted to be Queen of the universe, not bean of the universe!”

“Ugghhh,” Mara groaned before she switched to an infomercial where somebody was selling a ridiculously awkward multi-tool consisting of a hydrospanner, vibroblade and corkscrew. Mara switched off the holoprojector and tossed the remote control onto the small table in front on her. She turned and gave Luke a curious look. “What can I do for you?”

Luke straightened on the couch and steeled himself for what he hoped would be a welcomed heartfelt admission of love. “I…ah…I missed you today. You skipped all your classes.”

She rolled her eyes and sighed. “Yeah, I didn’t feel like dealing with any stupidity today.”

Luke frowned slightly. He knew Mara had not fully committed herself to the Jedi Order, but he didn’t think she saw her training as stupid. “I’m sorry to hear that.”

“Don’t worry. Things will be back to normal tomorrow. I was just a little too tired to deal with stuff today.”

Luke smiled slightly. “Oh, that’s good to hear.”

She turned her body to face him fully. “What’s wrong? I can sense you are uneasy?”

Luke took a deep breath and blurted out his feelings. “Mara, I thought it was time that I let you know how I feel. I think I am falling in love with you. I hope you feel the same way, because I would like to officially court you.”

He gave her a nervous smile as he waited for her answer. The smile faded as he saw anger burning in her eyes. “Skywalker! I can’t believe you would dare come in here and pull such a hurtful stunt. Get the hell out!”

Luke stood slowly shocked by her response. “Mara, I thought you felt the same way.”

He could see her jaw clench. “That’s why this is such a distasteful joke.”

He shook his head. “What? This is no joke. I truly love you.”

She glared at him for a full minute before her face went slack in confusion. “Luke, you do know this is mischief day, don’t you? The day you pull pranks on people.”

His eyes went wide. How could he forget? “No, I didn’t.”

She ran a hand over her face and sighed. “Then what you said…”

“It’s true.” He looked at her expectantly.

She chuckled while slowly walking up to him. “You have the worst timing.” She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him into a deep kiss. When they parted he was breathless. “I feel the same way about you.”

A wide smile blossomed across his face before caution dampened down his enthusiasm. “Wait…are you pulling a mischief joke on me?”

She laughed as she pulled him closer. “If it is, you are going to love the punchline.” She then pressed her lips to his, removing all doubt.

Tarsier, Revanfan1 and Gemma like this.
  2. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This adorable. I loved how she turned the table on him once she realized that he was sincere. Excellent kisses.:)@};-

3. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Aw, so cute! Love it!

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yep! That's part of the idea, that it's completely ridiculous and you have a very short amount of time! It's April Fools Day afterall!

I loved that you made this April Fools challenge include the GFFA version of April Fools! :D

This was adorible! I loved how you used the prompts as infomercials, great idea! I especially loved, "“I said I wanted to be Queen of the universe, not bean of the universe!” [face_laugh]

Fantastic job! =D=
    Thank you for participating! :D

Findswoman likes this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    The middle part of this story just KILLS IT. The nonsense infomercials remind me of that Plow King/Mr. Plow episode of The Simpsons.

6. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Adorable, and good work on meeting the challenge!

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] 100 channels of stupidity :p Yup. About right. :rolleyes: SQUEE on the love confessing and reciprocating. :D

Gemma likes this.
  8. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Aw, this was cute! Loved the GFFA version of April Fools.

9. Carlos Danger

Jul 25, 2013
    Thank you! I wanted to write some back story where we know L/M have been getting closer, but the word restriction made that impossible.

Thanks! Congrats on your win!

Thanks. I thought having it be April Fools day would be a good twist. I couldn't call it that but Mischief Day sounded good.

What I remember form that episode is Homer wearing that Mr. Plow jacket and dancing around in his underwear for Marge.
    [​IMG]

Thank you for reading.

Thanks. I figure Mara wouldn't want to deal with jokes all day. Luke probably didn't know because who is going to pull a prank on the Jedi Master? I figured she was avoiding Corran. I think he would have the only person who would dare pull a joke on Mara.

Thank you!

Thanks everybody for reading my little fic. I really appreciate it.[/quote]

Gemma and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I think you just opened my eyes on something, so thanks.

11. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    [face_rofl] [face_rofl] [face_rofl] It's a fantastic little story but this bit takes the cake for me! Oh, and Mischief Day is a great concept that I hereby declare canon.

Gemma and Ewok Poet like this.
  12. Carlos Danger

Jul 25, 2013
    Thanks! I imagine it as a cross between April Fools Day and Devil's Night. In fact, Devil's Night (Oct 30) is sometimes referred to as Mischief Night.

Chyntuck likes this.
  13. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was so sweet.
    As much as I love the strong Jedi Luke, it’s nice to see this shyer side as well.

Great response to the challenge

=D==D==D==D=

Findswoman likes this.
  14. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Quite a nice story.