main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII After-hours Events/Activites during SW Celebration Anaheim

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Darth Fizzgig, Nov 3, 2014.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    He posted this above. DJ Elliot - can you confirm this date since it isn't on the schedule?

2. DJ Elliot

DJ Elliot Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2015
    They're supposed to announce it soon... It's on my schedule and contract!

Grimby likes this.
  3. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    Really looking forward to Celebration! Especially DJElliottt...had a great time at the last party!!!

4. AstromechRecords

AstromechRecords Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2015
    Hey guys, I;m new here and this will be my third Celebration, my first as an adult. LucasFilm Ltd. has worked for me for my start up company in the past and I've even lived at Skywalker Ranch for a month at a time because of Skywalker Sound. I am excited do the convention because of that.

Also, I don't know any true Star Wars fans like myself, and I would like to meet new people at the convention to hang out with. Do any of you guys know of any events besides DJ Elliot? How do I get into his event? Would any of you guys like to meet up and have some CVII Buddies?

jawajames likes this.
  5. cronedoggy

cronedoggy Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2012
    I missed the theforce.net party at the last con, cause I think it conflicted with "an evening with kevin smith". The one I went to at C5 was a highlight of the con for me. I got to hang out with Filoni and see Seth green. I got to chat with Dennings. I chatted with JJM and Kyle Newman, but didn't know who they were, so I ended up with egg on my face for thinking they were just con-goers.

Anyone have any good stories about the last one?

6. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I was at CVI but my story began at my first celebration at CV.
    I heard the name Steve Sansweet but didn't have a clue who
    he was. Dressed in my Jedi, I was to add atmosphere to those
    who wanted to renew their vows. Well, here comes this grey
    haired gentleman dressed in this loud multi-colored suit. Didn't
    know what to make him. Before the first couple arrived, I
    spoke with Steve and then it all became clear. This dude was
    the ultimate SW fan and met Uncle George on numerous occasions.
    Steve looked at my highly crafted lightsaber and asked, where could
    he get one. I responded that, it is the only one on the planet because
    it is a one of a kind. I almost had to pry the saber from his grip.

jawajames likes this.
  7. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015

I thought about getting a ticket, but $85 is a lot of money. Is it worth it? I'll be going solo, so kinda cautious about going to something like this when I know no-one, I don't want to end up wasting time and money.

8. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Filoni, Sansweet, and many others were in attendance. I recall also inviting MC Chris but he wasn't in town that night as previously thought. We didn't have a band playing, which was good news for a lot of people who didn't care for it at the CV party. The highlight for me came at the end of the night when out of nowhere Kyle Newman walked up to me, shook my hand, and said "Thanks for inviting me, I had a great time." I had no idea he was even at the party. Attempting to suppress my giddiness that somehow Kyle Newman knew who I was, all I could muster was a smile and a "thanks for coming."

-- Sent from my R2 unit

JediMara77 and ANGRY_LEIA like this.
  9. DJ Elliot

DJ Elliot Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2015
  10. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    At C V, there were a convention-organized party

11. Anthony Jefferson

Anthony Jefferson Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2015
    Hey! I'm throwing a free Star Wars breakdance party on Sunday. I've got 8 sick breakers who are gonna square off in a 4 vs. 4 Rebel vs Empire b-boy battle. Free taco bar from 7-8:30. I'm looking for people to come check out the Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/events/992402617437775/

12. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005

Check the party thread right under this one. A few things going on Saturday night. Please post if you hear more for tonight, anyone.

13. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
  14. sandra

sandra Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2008
    The 501 Bash was great the food and drinks was good. The shot glass was fun to look at. Nice celebration Admirals club lounge patch , cool[face_laugh] Thanks DJ Elliot, Great night.