main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Accomodation

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Aug 10, 2013.

1. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    HanSolo29: I was looking for reservations via the Hilton site (not through the con site, which I think was only asking $199 for the same kind of room). Hilton is the very first hotel that turns up for me in the search results for that week in April.

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Hey all...i might be looking for a female roommate or two. I have a room at the Hilton...and i MIGHT have some extra rooms that will be opening up. IF you are looking LMK!

3. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Via email, I received my hotel reservations for the Anaheim Marriott
    by ONPEAK requesting that I review everything to see if I wanted
    to change accommodations, etc.,. But make sure if you have booked
    more than one room a different name is assigned to that room.
    Although I made the reservations, my name and a attendee's name
    showed up on my notice.

"Individual names must be provided to Group blocks by 03/09/2015.
    Any reservations without an assigned name will be subjected to
    cancellation on 03/09/2015."

It appears that the tax, for the daily rate, was added also.

This is the email I've been waiting for. I received the same notice for CV and CVI.
    Hope this helps.

4. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Onepeak is like a website to do booking?
    I use hotels... For reservations.
    I have a free night to use, but not idea if I will like to use the one from the main site, because the shuttled busses.

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Anybody looking to share a room with someone? Preferably at the Hilton? I can easily cover my costs. PM me if interested.

6. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    Don't know how long it's been up, but FWIW, the Hilton is available again through the con site/OnPeak at a rate of $199.

Darth Sone likes this.
  7. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I still have some room available if folks are needing...at both the Hilton and the Marriott

8. The Mac Geek

The Mac Geek Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2015
    If anyone is still looking for a flight and hotel (like I was last week), I got a pretty good deal through Southwest's Vacation package deals.

I will say that the hotel I am staying at is in a less than ideal location... two blocks from convention center. But the good news is that there are still rooms available even now.

9. Ania_Solo

Ania_Solo Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2015
    Is there anyone on here still looking for a roommate? I'm a first time Celebration attendee/SoCal local who was planning on simply commuting, but it looks like that isn't going to work out, so I'm now in the market for a room space. If you do, please let me know!

10. Agathon

Agathon Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2014
    If anyone is still looking for a room, my friend and I are still looking for one more roommate. We have a room at the Anaheim Express Inn and are just trying to find ways to drive the cost down. There are 3 of us currently in the room and there is still space for another. Email at Jordan.proof@gmail.com if you are interested. Thanks.

11. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Hi Guys, 20 year old English male looking for someone to share a room with as I'm travelling alone and got a couple of queen beds cheap for celebration Never been to America so am kinda nervous but so so so excited, if anybody, (female) needs a buddy or someone to mess about with, hell we are young and ready to rip so lets go!!!!!

12. skywalker_5376

skywalker_5376 Jedi Padawan

Jun 21, 2011
    Just booked my hotel at the Cortana Inn, right up the street from the convention center! SO PUMPED! I am 28 from Indianapolis and the only celebrations I have made it to have been C2 and C3 right there in my backyard. Cali is a little far but this one is just too good to pass up! Definitely looking forward to seeing everything at the convention. I will also be looking to having some drinks poolside and soak up the sun with some fruity cantina drinks haha ;) Will be a nice change of pace from the below zero temps I'm writing this from! Anyone else super excited ? Anyone else staying at the Cortana or nearby? We have two of us for a room that fits about 5 , so if anyone is looking for a place to crash, let me know!! #TheForceAwakens #LetsDoThis #Cali

13. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    They are opening up rooms again through the official booking site, I managed to finally extend my stay so that I have all my night in one booking.

80ninjas likes this.
  14. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    Thanks for the heads up. Switched my booking to the Marriott since it's closer than what I had previously.

15. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    There are so many places to eat and shop in Anaheim, I did a quick sweep in the surrounding area of a couple of well known establishments. Listed below are some familiar places you'll recognize.

ANAHEIM MARRIOTT - On property, Starbuck's, JW's Steakhouse, Cafe Del Sol

South of Marriott by mere feet - Denny's

1/2 mile North of Marriott - Disneyland, The Shop at Anaheim Gardenwalk, Bar Louie, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., P.F. Chang's China Bistro, The Cheesecake Factory, Cinemafusion 14/IMAX . . . and more

1 mile South of Marriott - McDonald's, IHOP . . . more

3/4 mile South of Marriott - Outback Steakhouse, Target, Walgreen's, Vons Grocery Store, Joe's Crab Shack, Grand China Restaurant . . . and more

Food trucks/wagons, I've heard, are also aplenty around the convention center.

16. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    For those people who like waiting until the last minute to figure out hotel arrangements, don't forget about TFN's handy matchmaker tool created by Eric Geller

Fill out the form and post here if you are still looking for roommates.

Eric Geller likes this.
  17. sandra

sandra Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2008

18. sandra

sandra Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2008
    Jedi Sandra, getting close to the date. can't wait. staying at the Hilton, we should meet up.Like met everone.[face_party]

19. California Jedi

California Jedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2015
    Guys, the $89/night hotel rates at Red Lion Hotel are available again. Only catch is that one must check out by Friday 4/17.

It might be a local groupon only deal so let me know if you are interested.

Also, if anyone knows people still interested in finding roommates (who aren't on the above list) please let me know.

20. 80ninjas

Apr 25, 2014
    Has anyone received their hotel confirmation through OnPeak? It says we should have gotten it about 2 weeks before the event but I never got anything. The hotel also didn't charge me a deposit last month. Anyone else get anything?

21. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I got mine right after I booked. They were sent to the hotels 2 weeks prior to the event, so checking with the hotel would be your best bet at this point.

22. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I've gotten my confirmation from the the hotel itself.

23. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Onpeak screwed up my Marriott reservation, leaving off 2 people and our request for a quad room (while still managing to charge the quad room rate). I had to call the hotel directly to get it fixed, which they were more than willing to do. I still haven't been charged for the deposit, despite having confirmed my reservation. You should definitely call the hotel if you haven't heard from them directly by now.

-- Sent from my R2 unit

24. 80ninjas

Apr 25, 2014
    Ugh, called the Marriott last night and they have no mention of me in their system -_-

Guess I get to have fun calling Onpeak this morning once they open. I've been so busy with work trying to get everything straightened out before I leave for a week that I completely forgot to check this earlier. Should be fun. [face_plain]

25. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I just checked my reservation, and despite having two names on the confirmation they have listed that it's just 1 person in a two bed room. So definitely check that the confirmation is for what you actually booked.