main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE NEW AND IMPROVED SUPER-DUPER COSTUME AND PROPS THREAD !

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    I got everything planned for done yesterday, no sewing today it looks like. I do think we are going fabric shopping though.

2. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Ooooooo!

I decided I need a new top for my steampunk Death, and a different (aluminum) "watch fob chain" for it so the magnets quit catching it.

Other than that, I really need to make jewelry for MALcon and Etsy....

3. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Didn't make to the fabric store:(

4. NarenSprax

NarenSprax Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2013
    Is this where the cool kids hang out?

5. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Sure is! Especially if you're making something.

6. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    [face_phbbbbt] I NEVER make anything......

Katsu_MaRoy likes this.
  7. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Yesterday I made 2 long chemises and 3 sets of bloomers, right now I am making salty caramel ice cream from scratch.

8. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Yummy!

9. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I just got it out of the ice cream maker and put it in the freezer; now trying to decide what, if anything, to sew.

10. NarenSprax

NarenSprax Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2013
    EDIT: Here's a couple pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For now here is a pic of a Clone Wars holocron I recently finished. Acrylic and styrene. I will put up more if I can embed the images. :) Oh and here is a video of it, it glows.

I will apologize in advance for the "blackout" in the video, had to set the phone down to turn on the holocron. :rolleyes: You can skip to :35 seconds to get past it. Let me know what you guys think.

nnaydolem and DieWompRatDie like this.
  11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Very cool! :eek:

Above where you type your post, you should have a toolbar. The little "tree" will bring up a box for you to put your image URL in. The "movie strip" next to it is the same for video.

12. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002

THAT is sooooo cool! I play TOR so yeah that way cool! :) are you familiar with the Gree armor?

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  13. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    BRAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS

14. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Sarnia is the queen of costume hair!

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  15. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    =) It is gonna be so very awesome when done!

16. ShortForceLover

ShortForceLover Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2013
    Hello all! Noticed there hasn't been any posting here in several months, but I am in DESPERATE NEED of some expert advise and help! Our Star Wars Themed wedding is rapidly approaching, April 20, 2014 and after looking at "costumes" online, I would like to try to employ the talented members of our group to help me with our wedding attire. I am in need of help with Princess Leia's Throne room dress from the end of IV, also Luke and Han's outfits from the same scene. I need a nice looking Chewbacca and Darth Vader, as well as some awesome Yoda and Obi Wan Jedi Robes. The wedding is being held at the main warehouse for Mile High Comics, who has generously offered the space in exchange for being able to film the wedding. Chuck, the owner, is also going to promote the wedding, apparently has some connections, and is trying to get everyone from his mailing list that wants to dress up and attend to come, so this could be a huge deal! We are also trying to get some blueprints made for an Xwing and TIE fighter to be built from plywood, cardboard, chicken wire, and paper mache. So this is now turning out to be a major production, yes I want it scripted :) too! Any advise and help from any and all is MORE than appreciated!!!! Thanks!!

17. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    ShortForceLover, I'd recommend starting a new thread on your wedding and keeping us abreast. Also, the 501st and Rebel Legion have formal trooping requests via their forums/web sites that you should check out.

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  18. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    After nearly a decade, or maybe longer, I am FINALLY done with my Endor Trooper!!!! I need to redo a couple of bits here and there, however it is wearable!

19. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    This thread was buried all the way down on page 5! So sad.

I've been attempting to finish making Leia's classic dress from ANH for CVII. I started it... two celebrations ago...? Was hoping to finish for this one, but early this morning I decided it was better to forgo it again. I made a really good effort and a lot of progress, but there just isn't quite enough time before the con to finish. I'd end up losing way too much sleep (as I have the past few nights) and the outcome would still be questionable. So I'm going to call it quits now, and spend the next two evenings getting packed, cleaning my house, and SLEEPING. Oh, and that work thing I'm expected to do.

I should be able to finish the dress for SDCC, and if not, there's always the movie.

20. AuttyBot

AuttyBot RMFF Secretarian star 1

Jul 21, 2014
    I will join you in this thread. I am working on a generic jedi to start. I have been making costumes for others, so this will be a first for myself. I have the most items that would already work to create a jedi. I would like to do something more elaborate later. I am considering Mara Jade.

21. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Welcome to the costume and prop thread! Jedi is always a fun costume to do. Which version of Mara are you considering?

22. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014

I have found a few more comic book style images that I like, but overall, the 501st has a basic one down that I would like to start with. I would also like to create a Miraluka from SWTOR. I just think the idea that they use the force to see is pretty awesome.

23. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
  24. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    TFA pilot in the works. DH machined one leg flare that he will cast in resin and chest box design details have been figured out, now to get it under way.
    I bought fabric for the vests, 600 yards of webbing and we have a great resource for the buckles. Now for the other 500 small details like the collar and how the heck you wear that vest.

ladyblues and AuttyBot like this.
  25. AuttyBot

Jul 21, 2014
    It will be awesome to see the finished product! I am still working on continued improvements for my son's costume; not Star Wars related.