main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Episode VII teaser trailer - it's here!

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by DarthWilliams, Nov 28, 2014.

1. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Truth!
    I've been waiting for these movies for over 30 years, it's a dream come true, really. I remember waking up the Friday the trailer was released, my iPad on my nightstand waiting to view it for the first time. I didn't even want to look at my news feeds before viewing it. The speculation that came afterward! It'll happen again with the next trailer, and I can't wait.

DARTH_BELO and TigerCraneFist like this.
  2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I get that...I have occasionally been known to rewatch the teaser for AOTC and ROTS. I recall how it made me feel, and it also reminds me of a time long past in my life...

Only thing about the TFA trailer is, I have yet to see it on anything but my iphone or computer. I'm really hoping it's true that the new trailer is with The Avengers...I would love to see it in all its theater glory...

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  3. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I haven't seen the trailer in theaters either, after the initial announcement that the trailer was only in selected cities I really hadn't intended on going to see any movies after it came out. Then they released it wider and I went overseas for Christmas, and haven't had money since! :p
    I know that I'll see the next trailer on my iDevices first, but I agree, it'll be nice to actually see it in theaters. I remember how much better the second TPM trailer was in the theater versus recording (on VHS!) off of the TV news.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  4. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    I've decided that I'm only going to watch the trailer if I see it in theaters.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  5. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003

Much respect...

Good luck with that...

:p

6. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    "You're gonna need it!"

Sorry I couldn't resist. And there'll be no way I can resist seeing the trailer at home the first chance I get. You've got way more willpower than I have.

DARTH_BELO and Forbidden Island like this.
  7. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Just saw the Latest trailer on Google Plus (wasn't expecting to see it until the Avengers), and despite great images, I really felt underwhelmed by the trailer itself. But it does make me think the film will be great.

8. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Really? I thought the new trailer was not just gorgeous, but also very evocative of the OT. It showed a lot more of the new characters and landscapes, but managed to make everything feel very comfortable and familiar. I'm not too surprised that they didn't reveal much of the plot - I think the teasers are more about bringing some of the more disillusioned fans back into the fold and reassuring them that the Star Wars they know and love is going to be respected. In that sense, it's a successful teaser because it shows how well the old and the new have been married to one another.

9. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I thought the trailer was phenomenal. It blew away the first one, was classic Star Wars, without giving away much, if any, spoilers; I happily walked away from the trailer thinking "wow, I still have no idea what this film is about at all".

I couldn't have asked for much more. I'm even more excited for this thing.

10. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    That firefight in the hangar blew my mind.

11. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    It was just another teaser, if that means anything as far as your choice making goes.

12. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
    Hopefully I managed to find the right forum now, as the other trailer thread had rumors and speculation.

13. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
    I loved the opening shot. Very cinematic way to tell a story. X-Wing in the foreground is probably unnecessary and detracts from the overall scene. Sounds like Yoda in the echoes too me. The new droid, new bad guy, all of the character designs look great. The sets look real. It doesn't feel like I'm watching a video game, which is what the prequels looked like. All-in-all, I would say this looks like Star Wars. The visuals and the editing in the trailer are well done.

If I have any complaint, it's that the story still seems thin. None of us want spoilers, but ideally a trailer should give some frame of reference. Also would have liked to hear the new characters in their shots in the last half of the trailer. Would be much easier to identify with them if you could so much as hear their voice.

14. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    Yeah, I watched it! I heard it contained no plot points. It was awesome!

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    My initial reaction to the new trailer was exactly the opposite of my reaction to the first one. I was blown away. I'm gonna borrow some words from Zack Snyder here and say that it takes the PT and the OT worlds and explodes them (as in, takes the best of both and throws them together). It was amazing!

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  16. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I disagree. It's just like the opening scene of ANH - you start out with a small ship and you're like, "Oh, that's a ship." And then, "Daaaaaaaaamn...."

17. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004
    I see some people saying this looks like a combo of the OT and PT.
    I don't see much, if any, PT in this trailer. And I enjoyed the PT, so I wouldn't mind.

Insomuch as the PT was made in the modern film era it resembles TFA, but other than that what are people seeing?

Skellybobs likes this.
  18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    The troopers seem much more shiny, we have unusual lightsabers, grand army scenes - that's all pretty PT. I mean, of course it's going to hearken more to the OT, because it's a direct continuation. I think the thing I like most is that it already seems like its own feel.

19. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Prequel_Rubbish, remember it's still just a teaser. "Gagging for more" is exactly the way we're supposed to feel!

To date I've been (somewhat intentionally) fairly detached from the build up to this film, but this trailer has really fanned the SW flames for me.

20. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Was it just me, or did the release of the trailer surprise anyone? I hadn't gotten a hint of a trailer's release before Celebration, other than we figured they'd release one. I wake up and I check Twitter and I'm like "WHOA!"
    Anyone else?

FRAGWAGON and jaqen like this.
  21. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I've already dispelled the whole shiny troopers = PT troopers misnomer. The troopers were shinier in the OT than PT. That's easier to see in a clean print of the OT.

There are "grand army scenes" in the OT. I'll give you unusual lightsabers.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I go through the YouTube app on my Roku and watch it on my TV. Next best thing.

23. LegionofPhoenix

LegionofPhoenix Jedi Knight

Apr 6, 2011
    When Rey accelerates away on her Speeder, does anyone else feel like it's acceleration is too slow? I feel like there was a missed opportunity for what could have provided a lot of impact.

People may thinking, "Why does this matter?" "Who cares" etc. However, I think it is important. Any decision a director makes, down to the smallest detail such as the acceleration of Rey's bike, accumulates into a larger opinion of the film as a whole. I guess the reason it bothers me so much, is because of how obvious it is. I doubt there will be many instances throughout the film where I will feel this way, but I wanted to bring it up and see what others had to say.

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That's partially what I was getting at. Also though, things like the shot of that fleet in particular reminded me of something we'd see in of that shot of the Imperial fleet at the end of ROTS for example gave me a PT vibe; also the shot of the Stormtroopers reminded me of the shot at the end of AOTC, whereas the desert planet scenes gave me an OT vibe. I did say mix of both! :D

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  25. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I just saw the TFA trailer before Avengers this last weekend. Not only that, but:

In IMAX, in 3D!!!!!

It was fantastic...