main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Here's Some Money, Go See A Swap Thing: DCU/Elseworlds Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Jul 2, 2013.

1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

And in this story,
    Bruce is that light as he believes that Superman might be a potential threat. Someone who may need to be dealt with and knowing Lex Luthor, he's going to help that along. And in the comics, Superman gave Batman a Kryptonite ring to deal with him if he should ever go rogue. Recently, it was revised as Bruce was preparing for an eventual encounter with Clark and the moment wound up coming.

2. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Oh good, I couldn't find the leaked trailer anywhere. Looks like a sequel to Man of Steel alright.

4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Still looks better than Fantfourstic.

Yodaminch likes this.
  5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    [​IMG]

I am just saying.

Darkslayer and Juliet316 like this.
  6. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    The Mountain that Flies.

7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Well this will be one fun and cheerful movie!

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  8. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I like that they're actually at least talking about the consequences of the MoS movie.

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I love that Charlie Rose opens this trailer. Then Neil Degrasse Tyson. Then Lex Luthor. Then Alfred.

So many awesome voices.

Juliet316 and Yodaminch like this.
  10. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I was excited about this movie until I saw the trailer. Looks freaking terrible [face_sick] . I don't like Superman as a concept to begin with, but MoS was OK. A solid 6.9. This....except for the fancy costumes and Ben Affleck, looks fan-made.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I'll call them and tell them, don't worry.

Penguinator likes this.
  12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

See that logo in the middle?

Juliet316 and Penguinator like this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

It was only a teaser, calm down

Have faith in the Batman

14. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I think this looks cool as can be. Yeah, I have a ton of issues with Man of Steel and Jerkass Batman as a concept, but I think this is going to at least point out some of the flaws of Superman's actions last movie, namely the whole "Dude the city was wrecked and I don't know how many people are dead" aspect.

Is that Batman's voice? If so, I'm game. Sounds way cooler than Oliver Queen's voice-changer, and is a badass line. I am totally fine with this just being a big ol' action movie, but if people honestly think they're going to have one of these guys "win," clearly you need to look at the slate of movies lined up until 2020. Sit back and enjoy the adrenaline ride, because DUDE THAT WAS A LEGIT BATWING NOT THE STUPID FLYING LAMBO/HUMMER FROM TDKR THAT WAS A GODDAMN VTOL SHAPED LIKE A BAT AND ALSO BEN AFFLECK WAS THE BOMB IN PHANTOMS, YO.

15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    All those ***holes kneeling to or otherwise groping Kal-El as if he were the second coming. Jesus. That is both pathetic...yet interesting at the same time. Religious fervor - if not outright idolatry - towards Kal is not something we've seen previously in most live action iterations. I'm certain that would be a terrifying notion for many an individual, Kal included.

16. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    It looks all kinds of grimdark horrible but it might work for me in a sort of macabre nightmare way.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I'd actually welcome it.

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yes, I'll slag the film based on this, thanks Ender!

Too dark, no color, etc, etc. Superman's no hope, not a beacon of light, etc, etc.

Though, I will say the soldiers with the Superman logos on their arms very much intrigues me as a plot point...

19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    He is the light for sycophants though. They show it twice in the trailer.

20. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Official now

21. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't want to see a TDKR ripoff.

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You should make your own version.

Ender Sai and heels1785 like this.
  23. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah. A group of hyperpowered Kryptonian gods showed up and tried to exterminate the human race, demolished a small town and levelled a major American city in the process. I like the idea that BvS will explore the consequences of that.

Yeah, that was total badassery and I like the idea that Batman uses a modulator to lower the pitch of his voice, as opposed to just growling at everyone like The Dark Knight Trilogy

VadersLaMent likes this.
  24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Tough. Because based on the trailer, it looks like we're getting an adaptation of the Millar story.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I think it'll be a loose adaptation (outside of the fight), and it'll make up a portion of the film - the ending of TDKR doesn't really work for the launchpad that this movie needs to be.