main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Felicity Jones (Jyn Erso) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, Mar 13, 2015.

1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Peter Sciretta@slashfilm 3h3 hours ago
    Felicity Jones will play a rebel soldier.
    Rebels Report@RebelsReport 3h3 hours ago
    Felicity plays a rebel soldier. Real person with flaws. Fear, humour, warmth and Felicity will demonstrate this
    TheForce.Net@theforcenet 3h3 hours ago
    Edwards calls Felicity "the complete package." She was a SW fan and "dropped everything to come onboard.
    Star Wars Underworld@TheSWU 3h
    3 hours ago
    Gareth: They were lucky Felicity is a Star Wars fan and dropped everything to be in Rogue One

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I like that she seems to be 100% into the role. That's always good news for the film / story.

3. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    so will her character be the commanding officer of the strike force that steals the death star plans?

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

[face_dunno]It's a strong possibility.

5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    It's about time there are more women becoming central to the SW mythos. It's about time. :)

kubricklynch likes this.
  6. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    Has she or her agents have anything to say yet? Was she at Celebration?

7. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Jones will be the lead character so she will be the central hero, but that doesn't mean she'll be the commander. ;)

Seeher likes this.
  8. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    I was at the panel and she was not there. I was really hoping that they would bring her and introduce her to the fans. But it did end up being a good panel nonetheless. But would have loved to have her there. They did mention that there would be other opportunities/gatherings for more to be shared with fans. I think SDCC in July is out since they are shooting this summer. But D23 may be possible in August. TFA will dominate Nov-Jan. Most likely majority of info slated for Celebration London that was just announced today--July 2016.

9. Amdrag

Amdrag Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 26, 2008
    So ready to see her kick some butt.

10. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    I betcha dollars to donuts we will get a first teaser for "Rogue One" with "The Force Awakens" because they will probably be halfway done with filming by then. celebration london we will get more information about it and probably info on Episode VIII and possibly the second anthology film.

the only movie I have seen her in was TASM 2 so i'll have to check out some of her other roles.

Amdrag likes this.
  11. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Is it just me or does Felicity bear more than a passing resemblance to a young Caroline Blakiston?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KSennia and Immortiss like this.
  12. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    mattman8907

It would be cool if there was a teaser with TFA. Teasers like the two TFA ones that show us what it will be like but gives nothing away.

Isn't a year before unusual for a movie though?

I know the first TFA teaser was released over a year in advance but as I understand it it was done with reluctance to give the shareholders something to settle their nerves. A teaser in April for a Christmas release is more the way it is done, I think.

Jones is a terrific actress. I don't know if she is a Star Wars fan or decided on the basis of the concept/script alone, but apparently she had a great deal of choices in front of her and dropped them all to do Rogue One - and the entire concept of the Anthology movies is a far more risky venture than a Saga movie.

CairnsTony

Yes, but to be honest I might just be seeing the resemblance because you said there was one [face_blush]

So, Felicity Jones might be Mon Mothma's daughter?

Then again, Tatiana Maslany and Rooney Mara were also up for the part and they don't look anything like Blakiston ... [face_thinking]

13. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    well since Rogue one is the first Spin-off film, they will probably will want to do the same to see how fans will take to the spin-off films.

14. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    Yes, of course. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen - I just pointing out (...more asking really...) about whether a teaser that far in advance is very unusual.

I believe it is (though I'm not certain), but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be done. ;)

15. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Agreed, it was just a bit of speculative fun tbh. But then casting is a curious beast... they often offer someone who is up for one role another in the same production. For example, Kit Harington and Iwan Rheon were both up for the part of Jon Snow in Game of Thrones. They gave the part to Kit as we know and cast Iwan as Ramsay Snow/Bolton, a totally and utterly different character.

For all we know Mon Mothma may be in this movie but not be the lead character if you see what I mean.;)

16. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Yes, understand it was just speculation. ;)

I didn't know that about Harrington/Rheon - but it was a wise choice, both are made for the roles they were actually cast in. I wonder if they decided on Rheon being Ramsey that early in casting. [face_thinking]

Yes, she might be in it (I hope Jimmy Smits is [face_praying] ) but do you mean by "... not be the lead character if you see what I mean...":confused: - I'm just confused by that bit and don't see what you are getting at, because Jones is the lead character.

17. mattman8907

Nov 17, 2012
    just depends on the type of movie and the distributor.

18. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Yes, it all depends ... just curious about the general way it is done.

19. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Well we're assuming she's the main character, but until that's official she may not be.

I'm reminded of Kathleen Kennedy's remarks that we are set to see a lot more strong female roles in SW starting with TFA. I took that as a given anyway, but it did serve as confirmation. What I'm getting at is that we may have more major female characters in Rogue One who could be leads but not necessarily the lead. FTR I think Rooney Mara could be a convincing young Mon Mothma too, but not Tatiana Maslany who looks nothing like her.

I'm not trying to push the idea of Mon Mothma in this movie or anything, it just struck me as an interesting aside which I thought I'd chuck out there. :)

20. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

I follow you now, I was just a little confused by how you phrased it. Not that you phrased it "wrong", just probably my own fault in misunderstanding ;)

Yes, I don't think Jones has been actually called the lead, however, I think that if she wasn't that it would hanse been specified that she is part of an ensemble cast or as "female lead", with other casting news to follow. I'm fairly confident that she is the central hero and the movie will be told from her point of view, so to speak.

I don't see Rooney Mara looks anything like Mon Mothma[face_thinking] but do you mean a young Mon Mothma at some point - again I'm confused :p, but why are you talking about a young Mon Mothma?

21. Seeher

Jul 8, 2003
    Could she be playing Sabrine? Yes, I know she looks nothing like the cartoon character but it would make some nice tie in with the TV show, Star Wars and Rogue One.

22. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Sabine is Asian. Or designed so. Or however you'd described the ethnicity of an animated character. ;)

Anyway, she is Asian. :)

Seeher likes this.
  23. Seeher

Jul 8, 2003
    Well ... :oops: Okay won't disagree ... Maybe, just maybe, we will find out something about her role on May 4th

and some of the other cast as well

24. magmd

magmd Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    <-----Yeah!!

Although JS probably will tell them to rendezvous at super secret location. A place they would never come looking for plans. He will wait for them there...Alderaan. [face_dancing][face_hypnotized]:_|

Or mayyyyybe Bail gets recon...makes it off Alderaan (we saw the planet get blown up AND we all assumed he was there), goes into hiding, and shows up in---ok, maybe not.

Hoggsquattle likes this.
  25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I must say she looks much younger than she is. If someone told me she was nineteen or twenty I wouldn't doubt them. Was she in Amazing Spider-Man 2?

Hoggsquattle likes this.