main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Out of the closet, and on the boards - 'Gay' characters in a GFFA See first post 30 May. 15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBreezy, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    DarthBreezy, hope you get better soon.

This whole Canon characters ARE NOT Gay deal, reminds me of a potential loophole, thanks to Richard Pryor and Gene Wilder in the prison comedy, Stir Crazy:

"But I'm not gay!"

"They don't do it because you're gay; they do it just to see the look on your face."

leiamoody likes this.
  2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    People are worried about an influx of graphic smut and Han/Luke fics.

I just want to write two male Hypno cuddling on a couch while watching a movie.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I wonder why? Graphic smut would still be banned under the family-friendly rules.

GrimdarkRose and Space_Wolf like this.
  4. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    So, I'm redoing another character to introduce into an RP. He's my only genderqueer character, and he used to just model lolita fashion, but I may have finally found a 'verse for him. Will Casey the Hypno ever make the jump to fanfic and meet my other two characters? Probably not. But, at least he'll soon see some use.

It's nice to find use for characters.

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
  6. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    Happy Ace Visibility Day!

I tend to headcanon Anakin as demisexual (and biromantic), and Obi-Wan as aro-ace. I've seen some interesting posts on Tumblr headcanoning Jango Fett as asexual as an explanation for why he'd choose to go to cloners to get a son, which I can get behind. I know I've seen a lot of posts from people who headcanon Luke as ace (here's one, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and another, and...yeah, you get the point; there are 8 pages in the "Luke" tag of the acesinspace blog and I'm not going to link to all of them), so I figure that's an interesting one to toss out there as well. There might be others I'm forgetting.

leiamoody and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Zuckuss is most definitely ace. Only Toryn has won his heart.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    skygawker I am not a tumblr person in general as the endless quotes and things such as allowing people to remove navigation and use teeny weeny fonts annoy me. so I had no idea about the amount of people who find Star Wars appealling for these very reasons! Come to think of it, it may be one of the unconscious things that brought me back into the fandom after twenty years.

I am curious to know who would be the other person you think Anakin is into. Other than that, making him a demi is pretty normal to me, so are the concepts of most other Jedi and Jango being aro-aces.

In my headcanon, among the main four in Star Wars: Ewoks, only Latara is a heteroromantic heterosexual, clearly capable of lust. I see Wicket as an aromantic heterosexual, if that even makes sense; and Teebo as a case of single target sexuality and obviously a demi. Still don't know where to classify Kneesaa.

Also, just like Dumbledore, Logray may be a homosexual; but people who hint at a pederasty thing between him and Teebo make me sick. A platonic friendship between a mentor and a student does not have to have any such subtext.

leiamoody likes this.
  9. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    Ewok Poet
    I know someone did a demographics survey of the Star Wars fandom on Tumblr a while back. There was a question about sexual orientation, and even though the results haven't been posted yet, I'm curious to see how much of the fandom identifies as ace. (I mean, obviously it wasn't a super scientific survey, but it did get a few hundred answers and it should at least be obvious if more than the typical 1% of the population identifies as ace).

It's not so much me thinking that there's a specific person as it is just headcanoning Anakin as bi in general. I mean, at one point I was considering something between Anakin and Tru Veld (his friend as a teenager from the Jedi Quest books who he eventually has a falling out with) for a fic I was writing, though I eventually decided to cut that plot point. And I've read/written some Anakin/Obi-Wan stuff, one-sided or not. I dunno, I just tend to headcanon him as bi and theoretically capable of being romantically attracted to someone of the same gender even if it might never have been relevant in practice with the way his life worked out. *shrug*

Interesting ideas about the Ewoks! I don't know a lot about them, but it's cool that you've thought through those headcanons. Yes, the idea of an aromantic heterosexual makes sense.

leiamoody and Ewok Poet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.