main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The OC Revolution | NEW! 2Q 2024 Challenge Is Up: Friendship

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    earlybird-obi-wan - is the deadline May 1st at 00:00 and, if so, according to which time zone? Ours or some other? Thank you. :)

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    May 1 00:00 pacific time zone

Ewok Poet likes this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    So, like, nine in the morning? Great, thank you. [face_chicken]

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    So apart from listing my SGIS' agent's family, what else is there to do before the 30th?

5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
  6. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm not going to get my fic finished by the 30th (stalled on the second part) so will have to withdraw from the challenge this time. I will get it completed eventually!

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ewok Poet likes this.
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

This is where I'm stupid, but...does it count if the first part can stand on its own? I have not yet read it (bookmarked to read it with your OC tab open as 89876635234234 words of your main fic await me), but there's absolutely nothing written about this particular thing in rules. I think?

9. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    I've seen one chapter of an ongoing story entered as an OC challenge story. I don't see why part one of an incomplete story couldn't qualify, unless the author just doesn't want it entered that way.

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Agreed. If the part is making sense on its own, by all means enter it. All it needs is to have the topic of family in it.
    (IIRC, add-ons for existing stories and bits from them were entered way back as well.)

Kahara, Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I'm done, I'm done, I'm done! For once in my life, I am not scared of entering a competition and I didn't miss a deadline on purpose in order for my entry not to count etc etc. *dances*

12. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Yay, Ewok Poet!
    Many happy returns! :D

Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

Thank you. :)

Findswoman likes this.
  14. OCDatabaseSock

OCDatabaseSock Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 17, 2004
  15. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Okidoki, now to comment on the one I already read and read the other four. :D

Would be fun if we all did that, as in, five people looking at each piece, to see how each interprets the theme. That said, I regret there isn't, say, ten entries, for even more variety.

Kahara likes this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    If I enter something for the next challenge, I would appreciate knowing why my Family items did not qualify.

17. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  18. OCIndexSock

OCIndexSock Jedi Padawan

Jan 22, 2015
    Just a reminder that "Bring back the OC Revolution" has a sister-thread, the OC Index, where you can list your characters for easy reference.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    While we're requesting things from the sock, can I be picky and ask her to write our stories' titles the way we wrote them? This looks a bit messy.

Also, was wondering, is there somebody neutral who verifies the votes, like in awards? IMHO, that would be a good practice for all competitions.

Thanks for having mentioned that!

It takes less than a minute to drop a link to one's post in the above listed OC index. It takes no more than five minutes to write a proper preface to a story, with timeframe, characters et cetera. If characters are from other stories, it also helps to include links to those stories, regardless of how well-known they are.

Everything that can be done to make it easier for readers, just do it. There are people who can make a connection, there are those who may feel lost.

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thanks Guys.

No, I did not PM anyone.

I did spot the sister thread, then started counting up my OCs, and got a bit overwhelmed.

At ze moment, I am re-visiting the Mitch Nifesta and Baille Harte relationship, and considering an ISL (If She Lived) series.

21. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
  22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ah. Cool. Understood.

Thank you, Ewok Poet.

At ze moment, I am re-visiting the Mitch Nifesta and Baille Harte relationship, and considering an ISL (If She Lived) series.

This was posted here in error. It is meant for the Spring Word Race.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  23. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    You don't need to list them all at once -- we have unlimited editing on the fanfic boards, so you can always go back and edit your post later to add more (you should see the length of my post, and I keep adding characters to my story all the time 8-})

Ewok Poet likes this.
  24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Thank you.

I'm going to put two characters into the OC Index, before I sign off.

Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  25. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I wish I'd been able to write an entry for the challenge, but Darth Real Life kicked me pretty hard the last couple weeks. So I will add Doran's back story to the things I need to work on for the Word Race and look forward to reading everyone's entries.

Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.