main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Celebration: What Do You Hope/Expect To See

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by hippie1kenobi, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Too bad that IMAX will probaby show it only in 3D (at least in my city). Will have to wacth it in 2D later on in regular cinema...

2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I don't think we even have an IMAX cinema in Sweden, so...

3. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The nearest IMAX theater to me is about 60 miles away. I went there once, to see Top Gun in IMAX 3D and until I showed up at that theater I was only aware of the dome presentation of IMAX.
    Ultimately it will all just become a memory and screen size won't really matter. If I end up seeing this multiple times, I will see it at the close regular theater the other times anyway.

4. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    Hmm.. I saw Furious 7 recently in IMAX and it was really epic! I havent been in IMAX for few years and now I really felt the difference.. So I've decided to see every major blockbuster over there.. Yeah, tickets are more epxensive, but it is worth it...

5. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    All we have around here are LIE-MAX screens so I haven't been to an actual IMAX in years. I will probably see the movie in a real one in another city when it comes out though.

6. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Did we get an official Teaser Poster at Celebration? I have read reports that said we did and it showed the picture, which was just the "STAR the force awakens WARS" logo we're all familiar with, with the word "December" at the bottom.

However, I cannot find any official confirmation on this, nor do I see it for sale anywhere. Has anyone here heard anything definitive?

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    As far as I know, no poster was released. If there was one, I'm sure it would have been well known by now. It's possible the one you described was some sort of Celebration Exclusive, or something like that.

8. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Oh I desperately want to see this. I think we've discussed how classic a logo like that would be, but I was just throwing ideas out...

9. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Here is what it looks like. The article I read says this was it, but I just can't find anything official so maybe not.

As far as I'm concerned, if it hasn't been reported on force.net, it ain't confirmed. :D

[​IMG]

10. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I realized what you had meant after I was searching for potential logos...I was thinking more of the stylized 'box' logo, similar to how "The Empire Strikes Back" was on the original posters.

Beezer likes this.
  11. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Like this?

[​IMG]

Just fan art of course, but pretty neat!

Beezer and TheYodaPagoda like this.
  12. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Absolutely! I want this on a T-shirt, stat!

13. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Yes, they gave them out. I have one.

Edit: I can't believe there are no pics of it online. It's basically the film's logo but sort of slanted, as if were passing you. The word "December" is at the bottom. I will flatten mine out and post a picture here if you guys want. There is currently a version that is already up in cinemas in the United States that's just the logo on a starfield background. That's the one Beezer posted above. The Celebration version was only slightly different.

14. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I will likely be seeing TFA multiple times, of course-I'm sure at least 3. But the first time will be in IMAX. Having apparently been actually filmed using IMAX cameras at certain points, I'm sure it will look amazing. Also, apart from the screen size, in my experience 3D seems to look the best in this format. Also (a point many don't pay much attention to), the sound systems in IMAX theatres are incredible! I can't wait to hear the lightsabers and starships (not to mention JW score) with all that booming bass and crystal clear sound!!