main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Secret Cinema Star Wars

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by GodAtum, Apr 21, 2015.

1. GodAtum

GodAtum Jedi Master

May 13, 2005
  2. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I was but £75 is a lot for one night and I'd need a hotel/train tickets etc as live in Newcastle.

Would have been fun though. Well I guess with CE announced it makes not going a little better to live with hehe

3. Liam Brazier

Liam Brazier Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2015

I will be going (on my birthday no less!). I managed to score free tickets as one of the 500 that followed the codes a month or so ago and wound up dressed in boiler suits at that secret pop up club with the DJ playing SW remixes. Then watching the eclipse on Primrose Hill. Already got my discounted ticket for this coming Bank Holiday Monday shenanigans that's all part of it too.

I don't obviously know what they're going to pull out of the bag for the event itself, but I do know that if they disappoint (especially for that ticket price) they are playing to a very vocal crowd!

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I lost interest after the BTTF Fiasco.

5. GodAtum

GodAtum Jedi Master

May 13, 2005
    What went wrong?

6. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    They messed up their permits or something like that, and the first load of performances were cancelled with ridiculously short notice

7. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I'm not paying £75 that's for sure

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'd have said the same, but I went & it was brilliant.
    Star Wars will be even better I'm sure. Just a shame the price is so much higher.

9. Ell-Boba

Ell-Boba Jedi Master

Nov 1, 2003
    I did some work for Secret Cinema a while back and so have been invited to the previews and dodged the hefty price tag (which I dare say Disney had quite a hand in), very much looking forward to it and will post my thoughts after the event :)

10. Ell-Boba

Ell-Boba Jedi Master

Nov 1, 2003
    Had to sign a NDA so can't say much about the content until it opens to the public, but I will say it is absolutely amazing and I'm considering paying to go again. I doubt any Star Wars fan could leave disappointed.

This is me (far left) and my friends after the show :)
    [​IMG]

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    A friend of mine went to the preview & said it was good.
    Apparently the site is massive, 18acres or something

12. Hydro spanner Celt

Hydro spanner Celt Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    Went last night , amazing I felt I was 10 years old again back in 1977

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    What sort of character did you get to be?
    I'm thinking of getting a ticket this week but don't want to fork out having to get a costume on top of paying £75 to get in

14. Hydro spanner Celt

Mar 9, 2013
    Do it I promise you won't regret it, you can put a costume together easy it's up to you how much you want to spend.just go is all I would say if you want to trade a thermal detonator with Boba fett for Spice then do it.could tell you so much more but don't want to spoil you

15. Raj_Vader

Raj_Vader Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    I second that - I went last week - its bloody brilliant! I ended up buying a Jedi outfit, but tbh, it was overkill.

DO take things to trade!!

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm going on the 16th. Looking forward to it

17. Hydro spanner Celt

Mar 9, 2013
    Jealous ,wish I could revisit that galaxy far far away.... I've been to Tunisia twice back 1998 and 1999 and toured all the main locations including the outside of the cantina, sadly there was nothing behind the door, this is not the case with Secret cinema my advice is get involved as much as possible ,the more you interact the more you will get out of it. ENJOY..

18. Carrie1138

Carrie1138 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2014
    Oh, I'm going on the 16th too! See you there, among hundreds of others :D

19. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    I'm going with Mrs T and another couple on Saturday 15th August, 3 of us are Galactic Explorers and my wife is a Creative Council jedi-type.

Should be huge fun!

20. Carrie1138

Jun 14, 2014
    I want to go again! I'm sure I missed tons of cool things. But it was amazing, honestly made me cry with joy.

KeithyT likes this.
  21. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It was really excellently done.
    The sets are huge, you could spend hours on the Tatooine part alone. The interaction is great too. I never got a character last year for BTTF so this year was new for me in playing a part. I forgot my name once, but otherwise interactions were fun.

What I will say though, I thought they weren't great at communicating to every group. My friend went as a rebel pilot & was gathered with other pilots & told who to find & what to do. All I ever heard said to galactic explorers (which is what I was) was find a farmer. But what to do when I found one was not explained, leading to an amusing exchange with the actor offering me sand & one of tatooine's suns since I didn't know what I wanted to trade my items for.

22. Carrie1138

Jun 14, 2014
    Yeah, I had the same issue with communication. Our introduction thing at the start was cut short so none of my group was told who to find or what to do. I'd read all the information on the RebelX website, so I knew as a Governor I had to find Cracken, but I had no idea of what he looked like or where he might be, which led to a frustrating time wandering around Tatooine trying to find him. We went on the same night, didn't we? Maybe they were running behind for some reason, hence the rush.

23. Zannah244

Zannah244 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2015
    Ooohh I'm thinking of going but I'm the same as Richie I'm not sure about forking out the £75

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I thought it was worth it as a one-off thing. It's really fun.

25. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    just came back from this .. really really brilliant. Totally worth the outlay and sooo much fun!