main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Index Plot Bunny Donation and Index Thread v2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Plot Bunny Sock, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Plot Bunny Sock

Plot Bunny Sock Jedi Padawan

Apr 30, 2015
    Welcome to the new and improved Plot Bunny Index and Donation Thread! The purpose of this thread is to take all of those plot bunnies that you come up with, and that you know you will never get around to writing, and release those bunnies into the wild so someone else can write them. This thread is the offspring of the marriage of the former Plot Bunny Thread (found here, out-of-date but non-truncated copy on Wayback Machine here) and the Plot Bunny Hutch (found here, out-of-date but non-truncated copy on Wayback Machine here).

Feel free to post as many plot bunnies as you want and discuss them to your heart's content, but please keep the discussion civil; after all this is a place to find something fun to write, and nobody wants to open a thread looking for fun and find an argument. Though I'm confident that y'all won't get into arguments. Right? ;) Oh, and of course, keep the fics TOS-friendly.

Here are the rules, approved by our illustrious mods:
    1. All Star Wars plot bunnies are welcome here, as long as they are only Star Wars. This thread is not for non–Star Wars bunnies or crossovers.
    2. The posting of a plot bunny automatically permits anyone reading this to write a fic based on it and post it, whether here or on any other site. This applies even if you later decide to write the bunny yourself (and see rule #5 if you do).
    3. If you wish to write a particular bunny, it is requested as a courtesy that you post this intention in the thread, quoting the bunny in question. However, you do not need to wait for approval from the user who originally posted it (see rule #2). The same rules apply to bunnies lifted from the old threads linked above.
    4. If you write a fic based on a donated bunny and you post it on the Jedi Council Forums, you may link it in this thread and indicate which specific bunny you used. The bunny will then be moved to the "written" section of the index (or added to that section, in case of bunnies lifted from the old threads) and have your fic linked next to it. Fics posted only on other sites may NOT be linked and will not be indexed.
    5. Your fic may not be linked or indexed if you write a fic based on a bunny that you yourself donated (this is to prevent users from "donating" a bunny for the purpose of gaining free advertising).
    6. One of the beauties of fan fiction is that different authors may take similar plot bunnies or prompts and run in wildly different directions with them. Therefore, even after a story has been written for a particular bunny and indexed, other authors may also write fics for that bunny. These additional fics may be indexed as well.
    7. If a specific bunny receives too many submissions, the sock may, at its master's discretion, close that bunny to future stories. A closed bunny may still be used as inspiration, but fics based on it may no longer be linked or indexed in this thread.
    8. Story indexes will not necessarily be permanent. If the story portion of the index grows too large and unwieldy to handle, older fics and bunnies may be pruned from that section in order to reduce it to a manageable size. If this becomes necessary, advance warning will be given in the thread so that users can have a chance to save links. (Note that I do not anticipate having to do this for a LONG time.) Unwritten bunnies will never be pruned.
    This sock originally belonged to jcgoble3 and is now managed by Gamiel. If you have questions, feel free to ask in this thread; optionally, you may tag Gamiel which may lead to a quicker response (or might not). Tagging the sock account won't help, as the alert won't be seen until the next time he logs into the sock. Should you need to PM the sock, include both the sock and Gamiel in the conversation, so that he can respond quicker and so that the message is properly filed for possible future owners of the sock. (But really, who would want someone else's used sock? That's gross. :p)

Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  2. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    Before Bunnies (by author, alphabetically)

Bunnies by Anedon:
    Bunnies by Darth Invictus:
    Bunnies by JediMaster_Jen:
    Bunnies by Lady_Misty:
    Bunnies by Lazy K:
    Bunnies by Voltron64:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  3. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    Reserved (Before bunnies, part 2)

4. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    Saga Bunnies (by author, alphabetically)

Bunnies by Anedon:
    Bunnies by Ackbar's Fishsticks:
    Bunnies by Binder-lover:
    Bunnies by BookExogorth:
    Bunnies by brodiew:
    Bunnies by Charlemagne19:
    Bunnies by Chibi_Krayt:
    Bunnies by Child_of_a_Jedi:
    Bunnies by Chyntuck:
    Bunnies by Cowgirl Jedi 1701:
    Bunnies by Darth Osnil:

Bunnies by Django Fett:
    Bunnies by Ewok Poet:
    Bunnies by Gamiel:
    Bunnies by GuaridanSoulBlade:
    Bunnies by Lazy K:
    Bunnies by leiamoody:
    Bunnies from http://liz-squids.tumblr.com/:
    Bunnies by Mistress_Renata:
    Bunnies by PCCViking:
    Bunnies by Voltron64:

5. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    Reserved (Saga bunnies, part 2)

6. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    Beyond Bunnies (by author, alphabetically)

Bunnies by Anedon:
    Bunnies by Child_of_a_Jedi:
    Bunnies by Cowgirl Jedi 1701
    Bunnies by Darth Invictus
    Bunnies by DARTH_MU:

Bunnies by Ewok Poet:
    Bunnies by Gamiel:
    Bunnies by Grade:
    Bunnies by Jedi_Lover:
    Bunnies by Jedi_Tyler:
    Bunnies by Lazy K:
    Bunnies by leiamoody:
    Bunnies by MartyAvidianus:
    Bunnies by PCCViking:
    Bunnies by stellarmagic01:

Voltron64 likes this.
  7. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    Reserved (Beyond bunnies, part 2)

8. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    Era-Agnostic Bunnies (by author, alphabetically)

Bunnies by Cowgirl Jedi 1701
    Bunnies by Chibi_Krayt:
    Bunnies by Ewok Poet
    Bunnies by Gamiel
    Bunnies by Goodwood:
    Bunnies by jcgoble3:
    Bunnies by Lady_Misty:
    Bunnies by Lazy K:
    Bunnies by Mistress_Renata
    Bunnies by Sith-I-5:

9. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    Reserved (Before stories)

10. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    Reserved (Saga stories)

11. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    Reserved (Beyond stories)

12. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    Sequel Trilogy Based Bunnies (by author, alphabetically)

Bunnies by anakinfansince1983 and Thrawn082:
    Bunnies by BigAl6ft6:
    Bunnies by bigtukker
    Bunnies by Briannakin:

Bunnies by brodiew
    :
    Bunnies by Chibi_Krayt:
    Bunnies by DARTH_MU:
    Bunnies by Ewok Poet:
    Bunnies by Gamiel:
    Bunnies by gizkaspice:
    Bunnies by Grade:
    Bunnies by GregMcP:
    Bunnies by JediMasterSven:
    Bunnies by Jedi_Lover:
    Bunnies by Lady_Misty:
    Bunnies by PCCViking:
    Bunnies by Sith-I-5
    Bunnies by Ulicus
    Bunnies by Voltron64:

Ewok Poet likes this.
  13. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    Reserved (possible future expansion)

14. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    And that's it for index posts. Now, who would like the honor of donating the first plot bunny for the new thread? :D

(I just realized that the boards have cow, chicken, monkey, and pig emoticons, but no rabbit or bunny emoticon. :()

EDIT:
    Written Bunnies section

Bunnies by Binder-lover:
    Was made to fly thanks to Super Grover, helped by @Sith-I-5 in Master Grover teaches Perspective

Bunnies by Briannakin:
    Was made into a bunny and goat stew by @Ewok Poet in the fic Bare

Bunnies by Darth Invictus
    Bunny shot and skinned by galactic-vagabond422 in the fic No More Jedi

Bunnies by Gamiel:
    Bunny made into a tasty smörgåsbord in The Dear DAIRY Challenge: Being the Udderly Cheesy Adventures of Luke Skywalker by Raissa Baiard Findswoman and Briannakin

Bunnies from http://liz-squids.tumblr.com/:
    Bunny shot and skinned by RX_Sith in Why is the Empire so Inept? An in Depth Incompetent Analysis

Bunny chosen as the main ingredient in a cooking show by Lady_Misty in The Dating Game

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  15. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    I've got a Mara Jade plot bunny : Write a fic where she is speaking to a greenie padawan just arrived at some version of the New Jedi Order Academy (I'm not familiar with all the locations where they existed in the EU. I'll leave the choice of where to whoever wants to write this one). The padawan's name has to be "Arica", a sort of inside joke to reflect Mara's alias at Jabba's Palace.

16. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Here's a couple old ones of mine.

1. Obi-Wan never returned to the Jedi after his Melida/Daan experience. Instead, he ended up on Malestare--making credits as a pod racer. Using his Jedi skills to win, he becomes the foremost pod racer in the galaxy--until one day many years later he's upstaged by a young racer named......Anakin Skywalker! Obi-Wan takes the young man under his wing and the two become competitive rivals, but also good friends.

2. A Jedi (Luke, Anakin, Obi--whoever) is wandering the galaxy with no memory of who he is or where he's from. All he knows is he has strange powers. He can do things others cannot. As he begins his quest to discover his past, he meets a beautiful young woman. Together they search for his past, falling in love along the way. But what'll happen if he remembers? When he remembers?

17. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    I want to adopt a plot bunny on the old thread. It was using The Princess Diaries in Star Wars with Anakin in Mia's place involving the reactions of the Jedi Council, Sidious and so on. It's been rattling in my head ever since I saw it a few years ago while browsing the old page long before the move. I have now thought of a way use it in what I hope is an interesting way.

18. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Go for it! And don't forget that even with bunnies from the old threads, you can still link the resulting story here for indexing. :D

Lady_Misty likes this.
  19. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    The Jedi are losing their ability to touch the Force. The midichlorians (I know, :rolleyes:) in their cells are dying, rendering the Jedi inert. Almost all have accepted their fate, except for one young Jedi who realizes that when he allows his darker emotions out, he can easily still touch the Force. Every negative emotion he possesses; fear, anger, hate, aggression, jealousy, despair, frustration, envy, grief--they all are bolstering his power.

As he becomes more and more powerful, the Jedi Council searches for a way to revive their own ability to use the Force so that they can stop him. Will they find a way? Or will they resort to fighting fire with fire and give in to their own dark sides?

Once upon a time, I was writing this story. Never posted and ran out of inspiration. So, up for grabs. :)

20. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Ah! DRL got such a grip on me that I forgot about this. Let me see what I can do about indexing the ones that have been provided so far.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  21. Plot Bunny Sock

Apr 30, 2015
    All submitted bunnies up to this point have been indexed. Please, submit any suggestions you might have! The more, the merrier! I don't want this thread to die! [face_praying]

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  22. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Okay, I would like to put one of mine up for adoption.

A bit ago I wrote two one-shots where Palpatine was Obi-Wan's father and I received positive feedback from reviewers and asked about the possibility of a fic where Palpatine raised Obi-Wan. I have a vague idea bouncing around that Obi-Wan was trained to be an Inquisitor, Palpatine loves Obi-Wan in his own way and Obi-Wan does what he does to earn his father's love.

My very few requests are that whoever adopts it are that they use the name I gave Obi-Wan's mother, Kyu-Ane Kenobi, the name he gave her during his visit, Eoin Diarmid, the story of how they met (twenty-nine years ago she was at the space port in Arthan. It was a clear, sunny day in late summer when this young human male with reddish hair and blue eyes came up to her and introduced himself as Eoin Diarmid. He told her that he had just arrived on Stewjon and had seen her pretty face among a sea of faces. He asked her if she was willing to show him around including the Spires of Light. The Spires of Light are a popular tourist site that is rumored to hold a stash of Jedi and/or Sith Artifacts but numerous searches for such artifacts have been fruitless and since none of the visitors or staff report anything odd it is assumed that it is just a story.) and if you are willing to post it on fanfiction.net. If you are not I understand.

I really don't care if Kyu-Ane is alive or not. If she's alive it doesn't matter if they divorced or they're still happily or not so happily married. If she's dead I don't care if Palpatine killed her either by his own hand or just plain old ordered it, if she was killed in a failed assassination attempt, became ill, was killed in some sort of accident or whatever.

The reason I am putting this up for adoption is I feel that this is above my personal creativity and more than I could handle personally since I have so many other fan fics on the stove and a decent line of fan fics waiting to get their time in the sun. Another reason also is I don't have an end result for it so I can't even begin to plan it either.

If anyone wants to adopt it and has more questions abotu some of the back round they can read 'Was NOT Part of the Plan', 'Too Ridiculous to be True' and PM me for more information.

23. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Oh, it won't die!! :D Plenty of ideas out there, I'm sure.

Few more.:) Wish I had time to write these myself.

1. Things to know: Qui-Gon survived The Phantom Menace and made Anakin his Padawan Learner. Obi-Wan was still knighted; the battle with Darth Maul having served as his trial.

Note: Writing this fic might require some tweaking of the dates to make ages work.

Qui-Gon Jinn believed that Anakin Skywalker was the Chosen One of prophecy. He was wrong. During routine medical testing after injuries suffered on a mission, it is discovered that thirteen-year old Anakin Skywalker is in fact the son of Obi-Wan Kenobi. When he's questioned, Obi-Wan denies ever having met Shmi Skywalker before. However, he does reveal that while on a mission with Qui-Gon to guard Duchess Satine Kryze on Mandalore, the two teens had a brief encounter.

Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Anakin travel together to Mandalore to confront Satine with their suspicion that she had given birth to Obi-Wan's child and then had given him up for adoption.

Things to include:
    *Anakin dealing with learning that Shmi might not actually be his mother and that Obi-Wan (someone he doesn't necessarily get along with well) is his father.
    *Shmi admitting that she lied to Qui-Gon about Anakin having no father. She knew the story of Anakin's birth all along. (How is up to the writer)
    *Obi-Wan working through the issues he has with Satine and the fact that she lied to him.
    *Obi-Wan and Satine getting to know each other as adults and falling in love.
    *Obi-Wan and Satine, together and separately, bonding with Anakin as his parents.

In the end, does Obi-Wan choose to stay with Satine and forsake the Jedi? Will Anakin choose the Jedi and his mentor, or his parents?

2. Owen Lars is killed in a speeder accident when Luke is three years old. Obi-Wan makes the decision that he must step in and help Beru raise Luke. By the time Luke is seven, Obi-Wan and Beru have fallen in love and married. All is well until Luke is twelve and two mysterious men arrive in Mos Eisley and begin asking questions about the Kenobi family. Obi-Wan immediately contacts Bail Organa and the senator arranges a funds transfer which allows Obi-Wan, Beru, their child (a Force-sensitive boy or girl-up to the writer) and Luke to escape Tatooine before they are discovered.

By the time Luke is eighteen, he has met his twin sister and the whole Kenobi and Organa families are involved in the growing Rebellion. A confrontation with Darth Vader is inevitable. Whether or not Luke and Leia know that Vader is their father is up to the writer.

3. During their rescue of Palpatine at the beginning of Revenge of the Sith, Anakin is killed by Dooku. Obi-Wan strikes out at Dooku and in a fierce fight, Obi-Wan, using his anger and hatred of the Sith Lord, kills Dooku in a rage. He calms enough to release Palpatine, who begins to see that his plans may not be lost after all, but will have to be put off for quite some time. He begins to befriend Obi-Wan, sympathizes with him about Anakin's death, plants ideas in his head contrary to the Jedi ways.

Eventually, Obi-Wan falls to the dark side, doing Palpatine's bidding which begins with the kidnapping of Luke and Leia Naberrie, the twin children of Anakin Skywalker. Obi-Wan is angry he wasn't told by Anakin or Padme about their marriage and children.

What becomes of the twins when they are taken by Obi-Wan and given to Palpatine, the future Emperor? Will they become agents of evil? Will they escape? Will they survive at all? Can Obi-Wan be redeemed? Will he?

Plot Bunny Sock and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. Jedi_Tyler

Jedi_Tyler Jedi Master star 1

Apr 11, 2005
    I'll join in, I have one. :)

Cade Skywalker has discovered how to travel back through time. He decides to use his discovery and go back through time and collect his ancestors (Ben, Luke, Anakin Skywalker and Solo, Jacen and Jaina) and travel to the time just several months before Palpatine issued Order 66. They explain to Yoda and the rest of the Council what is coming and plans take shape to make sure Palpatine never becomes Emperor. But is it enough to change the future?

25. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Wow, a Legacy bunny! :) Love Legacy.

JediMaster_Jen and jcgoble3 like this.