main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Haya's Star Wars Art Dump (Mostly Rebels art...)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by HayaMika, Feb 17, 2015.

1. HayaMika

HayaMika Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 14, 2015
    Hello! I love to draw and I am in college to become an Animator! I usually draw digitally, but if my tablets broken (like it is at the moment), I will draw things with pencil on paper
    I've already checked out a lot of the other artists pages on here and I am definitely... not all that great compared to some of these people on here, but I do hope you like my work!
    -----
    I just drew these little bust shots of Hera and Ezra (two of my favorite characters in Rebels)... They were done to practice their face shapes... There is a Kanan sketch to go with this set, but I'm not exactly proud of it... >w> I've done full sheets of sketches for Ezra and Hera, guess its time to do the same with Kanan to get some practice. ;w;​
    (Done with pencil on paper then colorized in Photoshop)​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Welcome!! I love the expressions on the characters and Hera is one of my favourites from the series. Looking forward to seeing more! :)

How are you finding the animation course? Which tools and media are you working with? I hope you are not too long without a tablet, it can be frustrating and a mouse just doesn't feel natural. All the best for that.

3. HayaMika

Feb 14, 2015
    Corellian_Outrider

Ahh! ;w; Thank you!

And I'm linking the course so far. Sadly, I have just started with my core classes (they make you take english and some other required courses first) at my university and since I just started my first year back in September, I am only in like... basic art classes... I don't start any animation classes for a few months... ;-;

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  4. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    You're welcome :)

It is great that they are getting everyone to do the basic traditional art classes before going into animation and the computer. It gives you that basic foundation that you can build upon and adapt to whichever medium you be working with. Does also make you eager to get to the animation side of things too. If you are working with 3D, will they be covering the modelling side of things too or just the animation?

5. HayaMika

Feb 14, 2015
    Corellian_Outrider

They will be covering everything, as far as I know. I got a program called zBrush through my school to do 3D modeling so unless they just gave us that for the heck of it, I'm sure we are doing modeling. ;w; I'm super anxious and ready to start the animation stuff, though...

This is my course guide for my degree program if you wanna look. It gives a basic breakdown of the course along with descriptions of all the classes.

6. HayaMika

Feb 14, 2015
    [​IMG]

My new tablet finally arrived and I decided to practice using it by designing a younger version of Hera! Could do better if I actually had Paint Tool SAI on my computer, but thankfully I can kind of mimic my Paint Tool SAI style in Photoshop...

7. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    I really like this!!!!! :)

8. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you for linking me to the course outline, it looks good. Yeah, zBrush can produce really high detailed models though been told more difficult to rig up and use for early in an animation pipeline though not sure how it is with the latest version. The one we used at my campus was Maya for both modelling and animation.

Young Hera is cute. Also like the details you added like the bandaids as though she gets a lot of bumps and that adventuring and having fun.

9. HayaMika

Feb 14, 2015
    Joanne2108 Thanks! ;w;

Corellian_Outrider

I think we might be using Maya eventually but I think they only provide you with their schools copy to use while in school but I'm not sure... I'm kind of taking things as I go.

And thanks! I kind of figured she would have been a super rough and tough kid who was either getting herself into trouble (nothing like stealing or anything, more like adventurous trouble like getting herself stuck in small areas where she ends up needing to get help) and always managing to get hurt.

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Yeah, it would be a licence thing they have for certain amount of machines. With Unreal 4 engine going free, wonder if more places will be using that for educational. Anyhow, that is a good approach and I hope it goes well :)

Also, you got me wanting to have a go at drawing Hera too.

11. HayaMika

Feb 14, 2015
    [​IMG]

So I drew Kanan when he was younger (though at the time he would have been known as Caleb)

I am having so many feels because of the Kanan: The Last Padawan comics... ; - ;

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We got a very good artist in you.

13. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Oh! Kanan! Really love the expression and the warm palette you used for him.

14. HayaMika

Feb 14, 2015
    ahhh! ;-; thank you!
    --------

[​IMG]

I can't remember who created her/the idea of her, but this girl is pretty awesome. She is supposed to be Hera and Kanan's kid. Her name is Dawn and a good chunk of fans in the Star Wars Rebels tag have accepted her as Fandom Canon. Theres many different designs for her, including different skin color variants. All depends on the artists.

15. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    This is really nice. I did not realise that there was the idea of a child between them, Dawn is a fitting name for her though. I love the expression and how you got the pattern on the skin and Sabine's firebird emblem on the badge.

16. HayaMika

Feb 14, 2015
    Corellian_Outrider Thank you! ; w ; The fandom just kind of accepted her as their child and we all just... started drawing fanart for it. u w u

I have recently drawn a small chibi of Hera... Thought it would be worth sharing here....

[​IMG]

Well... guess the file size isn't that small... but... you know... >w>

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    That is so cute!

Love the determination on her face.

HayaMika likes this.
  18. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Aww, you're stuff is so cute!

HayaMika likes this.
  19. HayaMika

Feb 14, 2015
  20. HayaMika

Feb 14, 2015
    [​IMG]

Ive been drawing hera again... mostly practice doodles since im still learning how to draw her right.

21. HayaMika

Feb 14, 2015
    [​IMG]

i am litteral shipping trash

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Tears of joy?
    I've not long ago read A New Dawn and yeah… this feels fitting.

23. Illuminated

Illuminated Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Your stuff is so incredibly adorable. Makes me wanna hug myself! :D

Fabulous work and the eyes are very expressive. I love your style. Please keep posting. I'm really enjoying this thread [face_love]

24. HayaMika

Feb 14, 2015
    Heres some more... doodles.

[​IMG]

I actually got my hands on a new phone, a Galaxy Note 5 to be exact, and got this super cool drawing program for it called MediBang Paint. This was one of my first drawings done on it.

Sad Ezra cause this upcoming season is going to be one heck of a ride for him. ; - ;

Going back to computer art now >->
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been on a bit of a Kanera kick...

>w>
    <w<

The reason I drew Hera's Lekku crossing over like that is because of this:

[​IMG]

(Image from here)
    The poster, vikings4everetc, posted images from something (either a book or a part of a magazine??? im not sure) called Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know and I guess there was a Rebels section. No matter how it came about, I'm glad it did cause Twi'leks are one of my favorite species (hhahaha suprise suprise) in Star Wars and anytime I can learn about them and their culture, language and so on, I'm all on board for it.

teamhansolo, brodiew and Darth Ukendt like this.
  25. HayaMika

Feb 14, 2015
    Replies

Corellian_Outrider

I'm so easily distracted that I'm still like... halfway through A New Dawn. //I feel like a horrible Hera and Kanan fan for this jgofdhbzx/

Illuminated

Ahh! ; w ; I'm glad my work makes you feel that way~ Hopefully it will eventually stop being so much Rebels and more... Prequel Trilogy, Original Trilogy and Clone Wars stuff soon >w>