main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Making My Day! - Pro-Prequel Articles

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Jarren_Lee-Saber, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It was about why Jar Jar was the worst thing ever and how he ruined the movies.

Saga Explorer and mes520 like this.
  2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Jar Jar is awesome!

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    That's what I said

Jedi-Gambino and Darkslayer like this.
  4. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
  5. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    mes520 likes this.
  6. mes520

Nov 3, 2012
    Saw this on Twitter:

[​IMG]

Tonyg, JSJL2018, Iron_lord and 12 others like this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
  8. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    Nice find on both counts, Jedi Knight Fett. I especially like a point that the first link brings up about making Star Wars relevant again. One of the things I was thinking the other day was what would have happened had there been no prequels or no Special Editions released at all. Say, the very last time anyone saw anything Star Wars related was a standard video release of a series of movies that ended in 1983. Would there have been even a consideration of a Disney buyout and an Episode VII? I mean, Star Wars would have effectively been dead for over 30 years. The prequels did reinvigorate the series and bring it back to the forefront, despite what some folks may believe. No prequels, no Clone Wars cartoon, no Episode VII. The last Star Wars movie we would have seen would have been in 1983, of that I'm sure.

9. Bob Octa

Bob Octa Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2013
  10. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    So true. I guy I know who despises the prequels with all his heart is maniacal on this point. He really believes that it's the worst acting performance in the history of the movies. I counter with it being one of the best of all time which frustrates him no end.

That is a bit of hyperbole on my part but I think it is an excellent performance and I really do think that HC has the hardest gig of any actor in the saga. Likely harder than anyone will have for a long, long time and he does knock it out of the park.

It's not what some people wanted but what the story of Anakin Skywalker needed. That is the kind of bold choices Lucas was constantly making.

Because reasoned arguments are by nature more polite than the counter which is like saying:

"YOU'RE AN IDIOT. IT'S OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE THEY SUCK!!"

Semi-pro but still bit misguided.

11. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    yep. it's like the 'i hate sand line' in ATOC. It's meant to be awkward !!

12. mes520

Nov 3, 2012

I think it was more of a character study. He comes from this harsh, dry world while she comes from this beautiful planet.

Also if you notice, he's using it as an excuse to touch her.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So many articles start out with the prequels were bad but here is why they were sorta good.

JSJL2018 likes this.
  14. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
  15. Rhane-1138

Rhane-1138 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 9, 2001
  16. Rhane-1138

Nov 9, 2001

I agree that it's not a very strong (or good) defense of Episode I (and she slams Episodes II and III several times) but it was nice to listen to something that at least didn't just quickly agree without thinking with the standard "the prequels all suck and don't exist" viewpoint.

17. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think everyone has a right to have and voice their views regardless of aspect of the films. I find it sad some seem to treat difference like it's an enemy to be annihilated.

18. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    Of course. And we´re not obliged to agree with them either.

19. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    This is my new favorite video!!

Tonyg, Jedi-Gambino and ezekiel22x like this.
  20. Rhane-1138

Nov 9, 2001
  21. mes520

Nov 3, 2012
  22. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Nice to see a documentary in favor of the PT. Though the less said about the comments section the better.

23. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    It's interesting that the gentleman who was interviewed about the documentary who is also one of the 3 guys producing the film, saw the movie as a young kid. Eventually he started to buy into the popular mentality that the PT sucked. After reading about the ring theory, he has changed his opinion again. Though he is still not a staunch lover of the PT. So we are not getting 3 guys who are big time PT fans. Sounds like at least one of them thinks its only so so (but is open to the notion there is alot of great about it too), and this will not be about "why the PT is awesome and how the haters are wrong." While likely being a mainly positive documentary, sounds like it is going to leave open dialogue on both ends just to steer people away from the mob mentality that typically dominates online amongst bloggers and journalists, that they "suck" period, with no redeeming qualities.

Frankly, I would personally prefer a film that doesn't show or present any negative sentiment towards the PT at all, and have it be a 100% defense of the PT unapologetically. There are so many youtube videos and blogs out there already that act like there isn't a single redeeming value of the PT, that for once I would like to see a well done 100% defense.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see this and I am looking forward to it overall.

24. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    I actually think it's important that a documentary like that would be approaching the films from a less fanboyish perspective. If they started off the documentary saying "The Prequels are 100% perfect and we're going to go point by point telling you why you're wrong and we're right", then the movie would never get any traction at all outside of poeple who already like the prequels. if you're a prequel hater watching this, the best thing that can happen is for you to be eased in to the idea that just maybe, there's something good to be found in these movies. And once a hater can make that admission, they stop being just a hater and start being something a little more open minded, and the dialogue about the preqjels starts to become a lot healthier. I don't care if I live in a world where everybody loves the same things I love with 100% blind devotion; I want to live in a world where we can talk about things with curiousity and tolerance, an environment where bringing up something that another person doesn't like wont be met with automatic scorn.

Here's a guy on Reddit who posted his impressions of watching the films for the first time (in Chronological order!):

https://www.reddit.com/user/ABrilliantFool/submitted/

It's a cool read. In the end, he does say he liked the older films better overall, but he did genuinely enjoy the prequels and give them all good ratings (his review of ROTS is my favorite), and it's just a refreshing read because you can see him writing about these movies from a perspective that is totally free of all the "hater/fanboy" dogma and rhetoric that we've been stuck with for years.

25. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    So much THAT. ^ Especially the last points. That is my stance as well. I did 'bash' the PT a bit in the day but I *changed*. It *is* possible and difference is how I learn. However, *tone* has a lot to do with if traction is likely to be made. The fact that some PTers are just as antagonising if not more than some OTers doesn't help anything to progress.