main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    "But which was destroyed, the master or the apprentice?" and then everyone but Palpatine is blurred out. We're literally shown, not told the truth about Palpatine. All the pawns are blurred out, leaving only the chessmaster in focus.

AusStig, Tonyg, Senator Wan and 23 others like this.
  2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    While this is to do with a Deleted scene, it still makes me smile:

I love how the deleted take-off of Obi-Wan's fighter from AOTC is reincorporated into ROTS. It shows that nothing is ever wasted in the saga. They had nice little scene that didn't fit in the grand scheme of AOTC, but it gets tucked in perfectly to ROTS.

3. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Less a moment, this; more an approach...

"That business on Cato Neimoidia doesn't, doesn't count..."

Aside from the rather charming way Ewan McGregor says that line, it's nice that Lucas still had a taste for, and was still finding time for, little "throwaway" moments like that at the end of his Star Wars/prequel odyssey. One of those wry little moments that puts the prequel trilogy over the bar for me. It's still the same universe: still that charm, still that depth, still that sense of bigger things and crazier adventures unseen.

Lovely.

And that little flick-of-the-wrist literary/world-building technique remained in play throughout.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  5. Ingram_I

Ingram_I Force Ghost star 5

Sep 7, 2012
    An odd little observation. Interesting.

Cryogenic likes this.
  6. The Most Cunning Jedi

The Most Cunning Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Dec 24, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Anakin being quite the charmer :p

7. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Also love Palptine's crazy moment here.

[​IMG]

AusStig, Senator Wan, Davak24 and 5 others like this.
  8. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    I'd say it is Yoda giving that look to Palpatine in the beginning of Episode II: There's something about this guy, I don't know what it is. There's something not right about him.

9. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Force Ghost star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    Qui Gon: The Queen does not need to know. Love QG's look at Padme. He KNOWS who she is.

[​IMG]

This expression is priceless! Neeson you beauty! Notice he turns to her direction and continues his smirk while moving into Watto's shop. ^:)^

Sorry got carried away.

MJ

10. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Agreed! It was also after Palpatine seems actually to be forcing (no pun intended), the issue to have Padme protected. Hmmm.

MJ

11. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Anakin: What are we gonna do about it????
    Qui Gon: First, we shall be patient.
    Qui Gon: Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi Wan Kenobi
    Anakin: You're A Jedi Too? Pleased to meet You!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was so charming, I was floored! Still am. No matter how it all turned out. Momentous!

MJ

12. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    I like a bit when they're all in Palpatine's office at the start of AOTC. Palpatine suggests that the Jedi protect Padme, and everyone turns to look at him, like they all forgot he was there.

13. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Obi-Wan foreshadowing his death at Vader's hands by saying: "Why do I have the feeling you're going to be the death of me?" in AOTC.

14. darkspine10

Dec 7, 2014
    Anakin: His fate will be the same as ours.

And who kills Palpatine, Obi-Wan and Vader...

15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    This. That made the ending of AOTC, right there.

16. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    p
    It's also interesting that while Bail is banging his fist, he and Palpatine are still standing together, symbolizing that the Republic hasn't yet split into the Empire and the Rebellion, although the ideals that will one day cause that split are forming.

17. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    The Japor snippet placed upon Padme at her funeral.

18. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    The only part that brings me close to tears in the PT. Such a sense of loss and agony in his face and words. And I love Obi-wan in that film.

[​IMG]

19. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    And since I've been trashing some of the writing and directing of the PT is some other threads, I feel the need to point out my FAVORITE scene in the PT. It's the Opera House scene in ROTS. It's the very apex of the PT for.... the moment it all comes down to.

First, this scene is BEAUTIFUL to look at. It's a perfect blend, of design, effects, and execution. And it's not just that it's beautiful to look at. It's the perfect metaphor for what's going on in the scene... the complex dance Palpatine has been engaged in for years, is finally coming to fruition. WE also get to see Palaptine at his most deliciously seductive. McDiarmid is one of the bright spots of the PT IMO, and he's gets to do his best here. You can see ole Palps struggling to keep his own desires and ambitions in check while he reels in Anakin. And this is one scene where I actually don't want to slap Anakin around. He shows genuine torment and inner conflict. I'll say this... if there is one scene in the whole PT that George needed to nail, it was this one, and he did it.

20. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013
    Qui gons poncho in tpm, it is very similar to lukes, in fact I have seen theories that it is the same one and that the poncho is also the piece of cloth scene on one of the chairs at obi-wans when leia's message plays.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    It really did.

22. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Again another from TPM:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anakin spinning out of control before going into the Droid control ship and blowing it up was a connection (GL is brilliant here), when Darth Vader (Anakin) spins out of control before the Death Star blows up! (by Anakin's son no less!).

Believe it or not, the time of movies in question are about the same! 1hr 57 -58 min. Plus R2 in the ANH is hit, just before and he's hit (well Anakin's Naboo craft atleast) as well AGAIN in the future. Both Luke and Anakin say similarly about R2 and getting hit. Mind boggling!^:)^ By George!

MJ

23. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Gungans don't give up without a fight, Wesa gota Grand Army....

This scene, pulsates with a conundrum... yet... a "light at the end of the tunnel" . Sun has set. Things are getting bad to worse. Naboo is helpless and the Republic is ineffective. It is this moment that Jar Jar the "lowest of the low" (lowest denominator) inadvertently tells the Queen "the highest of the high" (Highest Denominator) that the Gungans are warriors who actually love their home enough to defend it "to the death!".
    [​IMG]

Amidala thus is enlightened. Notice the moment those words leave Jar Jar's mouth, Padme raises her eyebrow. A Plan is hatched which surprises Sidious. So much for young and naive! She is suddenly "too aggressive". The battle ISN'T over! Once again IMO, GL IS a Master Storyteller.
    [​IMG]

MJ

AusStig, Senator Wan, ss640 and 6 others like this.
  24. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    [​IMG]

This scene could be the most moving for me as it is what changes the Whole Galaxy. Anakin is freed. Gets the go ahead to be trained as a Jedi. In the real world a kid going for such a massive decision would be unthinkable. This also is just after Anakin realizes that he might never see his mother again and ran back to her as the weight of what he is embarking was too much. We would NOT have Darth Vader! But no, he's decides finally go join the Jedi. The music is fantastic it hits my heartstrings. And notice the kids running upfront. They are playing. But Anakin? No. He's going to grow in the most extraordinary way. No real chilldhood Sad!

MJ

25. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    This might sound silly but:

One is Obi-Wan's relationship with Boga. He really cared for her and his gentle, calming influence was a sweet little moment. If you share a bond with a beloved pet, it felt similar to me.

AusStig, Raquel, Tonyg and 7 others like this.