main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One [Official Info] Diego Luna (Captain Cassian Andor) in Rogue One

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by starocean90, May 13, 2015.

1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG]
    http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-wars-rogue-one-diego-luna-cast-1201494752
    Thoughts???

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Worth repeating (from the Rogue One thread):

That's excellent news. Diego Luna is a brilliant actor. First saw him in Cuaron's Y Tu Mama Tambien, where he was just as compelling as Gael Garcia Bernal.

3. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Hmm, Imperial Soldier or Rebel Scum? ;)

* Edit: NVM, noticed the article says he is playing a Rebel soldier.

starocean90 likes this.
  4. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    he's rumored to be

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

"Never heard of him."

Rabs and Revanfan1 like this.
  6. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    In before theories about Poe Dameron's dad... :p

Baron_Papanerd and 11-4D like this.
  7. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I only know of him from that animated film that came out last year, The Book of Life. He played the lead role. I enjoyed it a lot.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Joe Dameron confirmed. :p

9. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    The way media sites report these stories is very confusing.

The Variety headline states "‘Star Wars: Rogue One': Diego Luna Joins Felicity Jones in Lead Role (EXCLUSIVE)". This is saying that he cast in the movie. Yet, the first paragraph says he is "in talks". And last night, Empire's headline was saying Luna is in talks, and Mendelsohn is "confirmed" as the lead, but there no actual confirmation.

So, is Jones still the only confirmed?

EDIT: Good news if it is true. Luna is a great actor.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  10. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  11. visionz13

visionz13 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2013
    He seemed to Blush when asked about Biggs. Could Freddy Prinze Jr play Kanan in this movie?

12. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Changed tag to official.

I'm doing a lot of these today.

starocean90 likes this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    had to laugh at this.[face_laugh]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
  15. Bennihana

Bennihana Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2014
    I really hope this is true because then I can link people to my post in the other thread and say I called it :p

16. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
    I could see them including Biggs in this movie. Story wise, if this is a "bounty hunter" like team hired to steal the plans, the Rebel Alliance would certainly want one of their own on the team to keep everybody focused, accountable, and to report back to the rebels. His positioning and posture may suggest this in the photo. Also unlike the others, his uniform and weapon appear to be Rebel Alliance like. Similar to Han on Hoth.

Imagine the impact this would have on his death in the Death Star Battle. If a co-lead in this film, our emotional attachment to the character would go way beyond just feeling Luke's pain. It would also allow a conversation about being back home on Tatooine, bulls-eyeing womp rats in his t16 with his pal Luke. That is the only way I can see Luke being mentioned in this film, and Disney will surely not run from the opportunity to Tie in to the OT in this way.

Besides, Biggs was totally cheated in ANH with most of his scenes on the cutting room floor. Fun thought anyway.

17. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Felicity Jones: "Who are you and where do you come from?"
    Diego Luna: "My name is Biggs Darklighter and I'm from Tatooine".
    Felicity: "Darklighter... now that's really a weird name".
    Diego: "Nope, a buddy of mine from Tatooine is called Skywalker. THAT is a weird name".

Gesendet von meinem GT-P3110 mit Tapatalk

DaddlerTheDalek and jedi_jra like this.
  18. jedi_jra

Feb 2, 2011
    It's gotta be Biggs, that Mustache is not a coincidence.

Great read on Wikia - Yes no longer Canon, but these new filmmakers will certainly borrow from old EU if it fits.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Biggs_Darklighter

After deserting the Ecliptic, Darklighter officially joined the Rebel Alliance along with Derek Klivian. They would eventually become two of the Rebellion's most talented pilots and valued members. Their first assignment was service together in the Ecliptic Evaders, asquadron of Rebel starfighter pilots stationed in the Sullust system. Although Darklighter and Klivian were inseparable comrades, circumstances eventually parted them. At that time, graduates of the Imperial Academy and valued leaders such as these were extremely rare in the ranks of Rebel pilots, and GeneralJan Dodonna had little choice but to assign them to outposts where they could be most effective.[8]

Sounds like a perfect fit for a team attempting to steal imperial plans. I am so much more excited about this movie now!

19. jedi_jra

Feb 2, 2011
    Totally avoiding the question at the 3:50 mark. I think we can say it is official folks. Diego is Biggs. The video, the mustache, and his "non-canon" backstory all point to this being the case. It simply makes sense, and a concept pitched by John Knoll, had to be more than "what if we show the theft of the death star plans?" It was probably more like this:

"What if we explore the character of Biggs Darklighter to add more impact to his death in 'A New Hope'. We know very little about him, and could easily create a backstory for him without the danger of contradicting anything in the OT. Much like Luke, this guy has hero and legend written all over him, and it is a shame that we don't know anything more about him. He may even have had a role in the theft of the Death Star plans. We could build an entire line of books, toys, and potentially more films around this one Character. He may not be a Jedi, but he is a damn good fighter pilot."

Bennihana and starocean90 like this.
  20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I wouldn't mind I always loved Biggs even with the little screen-time he got, I also liked his scenes with Luke especially his deleted scenes. But doesn't Diego have an accent when speaking while Biggs didn't???

21. jedi_jra

Feb 2, 2011
    I'm probably thinking too far ahead, but think of the title, 'Rogue One'. What if Biggs IS 'Rogue One'?

Again this from EU and Wikia, but it fits into what COULD be the plan for a 'Rogue Squadron' series of films.

Although he died before the official formation of Rogue Squadron, Darklighter was considered one of its original members. After the squadron's reformation in the early years of the New Republic, Commander Antilles would often mention Darklighter's name as having died in service to Rogue Squadron in his introductory speech to new recruits as a legend to which they could never surpass.

22. jedi_jra

Feb 2, 2011

The first thing most foreign actors learn to do is to lose or hide their accents. If he is a decent actor, this shouldn't be a problem.

starocean90 likes this.
  23. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Wow. I start to believe that this is indeed Biggs!

Bennihana, jedi_jra and starocean90 like this.
  24. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I would be thrilled if he was Biggs. I always liked him and secretly wished he had more screen time.

Nice call everyone.

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I think the Biggs theory is solid. If he can lose his accent and get his voice to sound right, then it'll totally work. He's got the look down.

Hopeless likes this.