main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Spring Word Race! Survey up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    1582 for yesterday, new total 11604. Let's see what happens today.

Chyntuck, Kahara and JadeLotus like this.
  2. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Heh. Don't wow me. Between yesterday and today, grand total...

(drumroll)

(drumroll)

Thirty-one. :p

Sith-I-5, Kahara, Ewok Poet and 3 others like this.
  3. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    185 words, but I have a new post ready for my AU. Total: 4216

4. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

Ooooh, mooey mooey! Berry good. Mesa read! [face_dancing]

Anyway, today's score: almost completely rewrote the base for the two next chapters of my longfic and scribbled a vignette that clearly shows there is absolutely nothing wrong with me, new total 11829.

Findswoman , Chyntuck and Kahara like this.
  5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Skipped a couple days.

Tonight's effort was 942 words, which added to my total, gives me 6,009.

6. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    240 words this morning, plus Thursday-Friday's 31, bring me to a total of 13342 -- but I will write like a bandit this afternoon and tomorrow *attempts to kick self in butt and ends up with lumbago*

Kahara, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  7. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Up to an entire 3153. Deeply embarrassed about how many days I've lost and how little I'm accomplishing compared to so many of you here, but also glad to be generating some modicum of text.

(Remind me, please—do fanon posts count in this?)

Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I scroll through the threads I participate in, before settling down to write something, and I decided to depart from the Baille and Mitch Chronicles to start something for the Bring Back the OC Revolution Summer Challenge.

Now, I am hoping that while THAT finishes in August, the words I write for it during May, qualify for this Word Count.

So, 880 for the above, which, if it counts, brings me to 6,889.

9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes.

If I post my essay on the historical bases for Danthomir Witches, can I include that in my word count :p

Anyway. The list has been updated.

So... we are half way done. Do you see yourself doubling your count?

I've gotten to 6550. Sadly, between 2 MORE essays to do (okay, one is half done), my muse has kinda stalled in the fanfic department. I don't see myself doubling my WC/getting to last December's total of over 12,000, but I've gotten a lot more done than I would have hoped. I'm aiming for another 1500 words before the end of the month - that would give me another chapter and put me in a position to start posting (yay! Once I get a stupid title[face_phbbbbt]). We shall see how long it takes me to get out my final paper.

Kahara, Sith-I-5, Ewok Poet and 2 others like this.
  10. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    New total 4506 words. I don't know if I'll be able to double my total. I've started to slow down, partly because I want to share all these great words, and that means taking time to edit them. Even if I don't double it, I feel like I've accomplished a lot: got myself out of a rut, wrote 2 1/2 posts for my AU, wrote a good chunk on the Raissa/Doran sequel which I had pretty much given up on, and wrote the beginning for Doran's backstory.

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Back to the Baille and Mitch Chronicles, a bit of a struggle as I was lagging for words to use towards the end, but I wanted to complete what passes for a chapter, with me.

1,174 words for today, bringing me to a stately, but still short of several of you, 8,063.

My holiday ends tomorrow, so hopefully my frequency in the closing days of this challenge, will be more consistent.

Will there be a prompt when to PM links to someone, or do I need to do that before the 30th. Also, does anyone know how to direct a url to a post in a pre-existing thread? I assume it is possible, since the Name function does the same thing.

Kahara, Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  12. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Cheers. I'll have an experiment with that when I get back home.

Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Up to 4355. 919 of those are a recent fanon post, but the main thing is that I now have a chapter completed and ready to send to the beta. And I've beaten my figure from the last word race by almost a thousand. :D

As to doubling my word count: it might happen, but it also might not. It all depends on RL, of course. Rather than setting a new word count goal at this point, what I might do is set myself a new goal of making at least substantial inroads into the next chapter, or at least mapping it out notes-wise and outline-wise.

Kahara, Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  15. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Nothing new since my last update on May 8. :(

However, I just submitted my resignation on an RPG task that keeps interfering with my writing time. That's effective at the end of the current season, which will be late next month. Hopefully after that I'll have more time to write.

Kahara, Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  16. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Since I only have 104 words, I suppose I could double that.

But I don't know. I was hoping to use this word race as an incentive to write many, many words on a story I should have finished in 2010, but it isn't working so far. I have opened the file several times, but I couldn't force myself to type even a single new word. (O muse, sing in me/and through me tell the story/of a man skilled in all ways of contending...all right, wrong story.) And then, my parents' sixteen (yes--sixteen) year old golden retriever, who I have been caring for while they are away on a trip, started going downhill a few days ago. Today, she died on the way to the vet.

So it is probably an accurate statement to say that this isn't turning out to be the right month. But I could still double my word count. Maybe.

Kahara, Findswoman and Chyntuck like this.
  17. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    About two-thirds of the weekend logorrhoea have been cleaned up -- new total 17589 and @Kahara's award-fic is well on its way to be finished soon [face_relieved]

As for doubling my word count by the end of the month, I should try to double it, but I doubt it will happen -- which probably means a lot of frantic last-minute writing in June too, unless I want the readers of my main fic to Force-choke me. But I won't be around in August when we'll be having the next race, so I guess I could as well continue serial-writing now... [face_thinking]

18. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I am really sorry to read about your parents' dog. I hope she had a nice life.

Chyntuck likes this.
  19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Ditto, on the dog.

Chyntuck likes this.
  20. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    I wrote another 400 words, and am now just shy of the 5000 word mark. Barring Darth Real Life interrupting, I'll at least beat my total from the last Word Race.

New total: 4906

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Looking back at recent posts, I cannot see that I have counted my second post for the OC Revolution, so having returned home, I have added to it, getting 1,886 words in.

My total is now 9,949.

22. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    [face_dancing] I passed the 5000 word mark. [face_dancing] New total: 5175

Chyntuck, Kahara, Sith-I-5 and 2 others like this.
  23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well done, Raissa.

Chyntuck and Raissa Baiard like this.
  24. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    670 words!!!! New total: 5905

25. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    I've posted a one-shot and a new Diary chapter, which brings my total to 15,286. I don't think I'm going to get near my last total and am certainly not going to double my count, but I'm pretty happy with what I've done.

Chyntuck and Kahara like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.