main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Spring Word Race! Survey up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    New total of 5,193

Findswoman , Chyntuck and Kahara like this.
  2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'll update the list tomorrow because I sooo needed to go to bed 2 hours ago.

But I made it to 8051 words! PLUS I FINALLY HAVE A TITLE I AM HAPPY WITH :D It's a MIRACLE! I'm so excited to start posting (just as soon as I finish my last paper... maybe).

3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    This has been a crazy week and I didn't even edit the rest of the text I came up with last weekend. Heck, I didn't actually write a single word -- except some minor corrections suggested by Findswoman on my detective fic. I need to get serious on Saturday-Sunday and early next week, because next weekend is a long weekend and we're off to Sifnos for on a scouting trip for our wedding :cool:

Kahara, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  4. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Finally had the chance to get some done. Not much, but it's more than I had a week ago. New total: 1632.

Kahara, Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  5. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    List has been updated.

Also, I was bad and gave into the urge to start posting, even though I have yet to finish (or really start) my paper.

6. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

IS IT THE THING? I am going to keep on asking about it each time I get the opportunity now. :p

Kinda same here. I have 790 new words of chapter summaries, but nothing else.

7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    No, it's not THE THING. Though I am glad one of us thinks I can pull that fic off (though you might be very disappointed with the plot if/when I do). In all seriousness, I went back and read what little I had on it and I think I figured out what was bugging me and what I need to do, which would require a lot of re-writing and a little padded white room (for both the character and myself).

8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    It has to be good, for it's the THING.

*remembers the Dexter's laboratory episode where Dee Dee is talking to a blank screen for hours*

Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Up to 4892, 521 of which are the beginning of a new chapter. With the long Memorial Day weekend, I'm going to see—just see—how much I can get in. It at least pleases me to know that I'm almost certain to break 5000! :)

Kahara, Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    558 words for the Mary Formal standalone

369 words for the Lara Croft continuation

While I may be able to add more, later in the day, at the moment, I am on 10,876.

11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Just to make sure, my current total is 13031.

12. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Last week's logorrhoea has finally been edited, and some more rambling words added, for a new total of 22568 [face_relieved] @Kahara's award-fic is now officially complete -- until Findswoman has her way with it and spots a plot hole the size of my fist [face_worried] But now, it's time to panic about my main fic, because I'm running out of chapters to post at the end of this week :eek:

13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Thinking of pulling out. :(

14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, please don't do that! You're doing such a stellar job! [:D]

Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    See if you can get some of those TIE fighters to follow you.

Besides, Ewok Poet, you have over 10,000 words. From my understanding of the rules, that guarantees you at least two days of colours!

16. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Up to 728 words with the new chapter, making my total count 5102. Made it past 5000! [face_dancing]

Chyntuck, Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.
  17. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Thank you, Ewok Poet and Sith-I-5. She had the best life.

I ought to have responded sooner, but I wanted to wait until I had written some--or really any--more words so as to keep this post mostly on target. But finally, I've had to admit that isn't going to happen. Oh, I could still suddenly find the interest within, in the next few days, to write heaps of fan fictional words--but I suspect this is it for me.

ETA: So I wrote 48 words, for a glorious, thrilling total of 152.

Chyntuck likes this.
  18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Pandora

You could write something about the dog.

Any good memories. Any Chewie co-pilot times with the dog in the car, etc.

1,413 words for today's continuation on Mary Formal's E-Branch history.

Now up to 12,289.

19. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    A couple of unproductive days; only 196 words over the weekend. However, that does bring my total to 6106

Chyntuck, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  20. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

I refused colours the last time I was awarded them, one of the reasons being that I guess I cannot be green as that's the mods' away colour. I guess I will need those TIE-fighters to discipline me.

And I was panicky about a week when I did not get any work and almost any writing done. Now I realised that I am working with people who are nowhere near as worried as me, as they have no idea what they're doing. *phew*

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I on the other hand, am almost moved to tears when I think how long it is since I last had colours, and 24 hours is usually not enough for me, due to the different time zones, by time I get online, a day's colours have expired before I can even get a screenshot.

The gap to getting more than two days, another 15,000 words (or 13k in my case), feels almost insurmountable.

At the moment, eg. before 8am, 200 words in two drabbles on the NSWFF. I won't add up the running total just yet.

Chyntuck, Findswoman and jcgoble3 like this.
  22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    I'm now 902 words into my current chapter, bringing my total up to 5276. I'm not sure how detailed notes and such have to be to qualify for this, but I also now have 184 words worth of rather sketchy, skeletal notes for the next section of the chapter.

Chyntuck, Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  23. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    I need to count my semi-finished rest of the fic, too.

24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    15286...and more to come, as I only counted an addendum to the first chapter of another fic. I'm crazy.

EDIT: Two people with the exact same word count? What was the probability of this happening?

Chyntuck, Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Wow. Some great totals. I'll update the list tomorrow.

And don't pull out! Everyone is doing great. I know due to this race I wrote about 8000 more words than I would have otherwise this month, and that's really what this is about.

I got bit by a scene I had to write, so I'm up to 9567! I'm hoping to break the 10000 word mark, but I really NEED to finish my paper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.